Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AmericanRace.jpeg

Hasn't impressed me going forward that much which is what i thought we signed him for.

Defensively him and Serge aren't that much different. Neither is good enough but we'll have to make do with using one or the other until we can sign a top class right-back.

Backing him.... He'll get there.

.....Not like he hasn't previously proved himself effective in the EPL.

Not surprised by the struggles. He was up there with CFs in terms of runs in the box last year as a RWB. Wolves play with the most inverted FBs in the league I have to believe and we have him in a flat back 4. Baffled me when we made the signing, but I did think we would see more 3 at the back this year, which we haven't. KWP is a much better RB whereas Matt is a much better RWB.

Again, not really sure what he adds.

He doesn't add anything going forward. Could have quite easily given away a penalty today. Which would have been the 3rd he's given already this season.

Hope he can improve.

He is struggling. More and more I wonder why Mourinho signed a RWB to play RB in a back four, he doesn’t look good defensively or much better going forward.
No real upgrade on Aurier overall so far.

He’ll be a solid back up when we sell Aurier next year and bring in a young Reguilon type.

Back
Top Bottom