Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Doherty arrived I was pleased as when he played against us which is the only times I saw him, he played well. He is an International player and well respected. Now he has been a disappointment and it has not worked out. Lots of debate about playing him as a WB rather than FB but he should be able to adapt but has not. Hopefully his reputation is still intact and that he is saleable and can leave in the summer. However to talk about it being something underhand in the transfer is not something I can accept. Some players just do not perform at some clubs but do at others.
International player for Ireland doesn't mean shit, Paul Mcshane got 33 caps for them, they literally lost to Luxembourg last night. The fact he only has 18 caps for them at the age of 29 is embarrassing enough

Never Mind Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

just read he is back at Spurs due to an injury vs Luxembourg... nobody gave a fuck to report it here :mourpointlaugh:
The only things I have seen are the usual reprobates on social media that are saying stuff like "hope it is a career ender".

I am all for being critical of a player's performances. But actually sitting around and wishing that a player on your team suffers a career ending injury (or even dies), even as a joke, is just disrespectful and shameful.

Had easily his best league game for us yesterday. He was fine for the entire 90.

Shame it took an entire season for him to deliver one. Get another RB in to take Serge's spot and I have no problem giving Matt another year. Some times it takes a season to adapt.

Back
Top Bottom