Matt le Tissier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genius? Dont make me laugh! How is a player that played his whole career for a team consistently in the relegation zone and only got 8 caps for a distinctly average England side a genius? A highly talented finisher that had a poor team built around him and could try things others couldn't due to their poor side at that time. If he'd moved to a Utd or maybe even us, that wouldn't have happened and if you know one thing about LeTissier its that he struggled any time he was asked to play as part of a system. Main reason he hardly got any caps as he didn't want to fit into the structure that Hod imposed on him for the benefit of the team something much required at that level. In fact he was totally ineffective for England his highest level played at much like a wild horse with a harness on. If LeTissier's a genius what would you call players like Maradona, Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo etc?
He was truly a genius footballer, as for the England thing it wasn’t a case of him not being good enough for England to win way more caps it was a case of English mentality being behind LeTissier way of playing, if England were tearing up world football you may have a point but let’s be honest England were massive underachievers.....very similar to Glen Hoddle in that regard, some Spurs fans rate him as the greatest Spurs of all, yet he only played for England around 40 times, usually overlooked for the “bull in the china shop” midfielder....sometimes international football isn’t the bench mark for genius....Google Phil Neville..

I actually find myself attracted to the Woolwich ladies skipper, as i walk past her poster in Lillywhites every morning.
I smash my face into a bus stop everyday as punishment.
Or did,as thankfully the poster has been removed.

He was truly a genius footballer, as for the England thing it wasn’t a case of him not being good enough for England to win way more caps it was a case of English mentality being behind LeTissier way of playing, if England were tearing up world football you may have a point but let’s be honest England were massive underachievers.....very similar to Glen Hoddle in that regard, some Spurs fans rate him as the greatest Spurs of all, yet he only played for England around 40 times, usually overlooked for the “bull in the china shop” midfielder....sometimes international football isn’t the bench mark for genius....Google Phil Neville..

Disagree with this, he was nowhere near 'genius' footballer. He wasn't fit to lace Hoddle's boots either. He did score a few great goals which gives him a decent highlight reel but he was never consistently good enough to merit being called a top player and certainly no 'genius'.

Let's not kid ourselves, every half-decent player Southampton have had has left that club to better themselves elsewhere. Except him. That says everything. He was a lightweight who spent his whole career at a low-table premiership team because he liked being the big fish in a tiny pond.

The fact he's a tool of a man doesn't help either.

State of this CUNTry and the people who inhabit infest it....

Only good thing about COVID is that it's given plenty of people enough rope to hang themselves with, due to the naive assumption that what they think and then write WON'T be read and judged by every fucker with a mobile device!

Twat... shoulda joined Spurs when he had the chance, then we'd all be trying to excuse him, like we did when Hoddle came out with all the 'God' nonsense!

Disagree with this, he was nowhere near 'genius' footballer. He wasn't fit to lace Hoddle's boots either. He did score a few great goals which gives him a decent highlight reel but he was never consistently good enough to merit being called a top player and certainly no 'genius'.

Let's not kid ourselves, every half-decent player Southampton have had has left that club to better themselves elsewhere. Except him. That says everything. He was a lightweight who spent his whole career at a low-table premiership team because he liked being the big fish in a tiny pond.

There may be you problem in correctly judging him “he’s a tool of a man”....you obviously don’t like him so by default your opinion that he wasn’t a great footballer must be correct....

LeTissier was born into money and therefore never needed the “big” move that would undoubtedly have made him an overnight superstar and by default a genius footballer...I mean only players who played for top clubs could ever be considered that, right?....again google Phil Neville...

The guy was happy with his life, imagine Gareth Bale had the same attitude, would we now be saying “which was better, the title team of 1961 or 2016, or even 2018 perhaps?”

Look at the supposedly “greats” who never won an league title, Jimmy Greaves , Glen Hoddle and Steven Gerrard to name but three from three completely different generations....but are considered genius....

Is he the best player to grace English football? Fuck no, but was he a genius of a player? Absolutely...

There may be you problem in correctly judging him “he’s a tool of a man”....you obviously don’t like him so by default your opinion that he wasn’t a great footballer must be correct....

LeTissier was born into money and therefore never needed the “big” move that would undoubtedly have made him an overnight superstar and by default a genius footballer...I mean only players who played for top clubs could ever be considered that, right?....again google Phil Neville...

The guy was happy with his life, imagine Gareth Bale had the same attitude, would we now be saying “which was better, the title team of 1961 or 2016, or even 2018 perhaps?”

Look at the supposedly “greats” who never won an league title, Jimmy Greaves , Glen Hoddle and Steven Gerrard to name but three from three completely different generations....but are considered genius....

Is he the best player to grace English football? Fuck no, but was he a genius of a player? Absolutely...

Who considers Gerrard a 'genius'? Greaves, Hoddle i can understand but you're not seriously suggesting Le Tiss was anywhere near those 2 are you? That would be ridiculous.

Genius is a very misused word IMO. There aren't many players i'd use that word to describe and he definitely isn't one of them. Neither is Gerard, or you might as well start calling Lampard, Scholes etc a genius.

Who considers Gerrard a 'genius'? Greaves, Hoddle i can understand but you're not seriously suggesting Le Tiss was anywhere near those 2 are you? That would be ridiculous.

Genius is a very misused word IMO. There aren't many players i'd use that word to describe and he definitely isn't one of them. Neither is Gerard, or you might as well start calling Lampard, Scholes etc a genius.
Right you lost me at Scholes....To even suggest the Ginger Pele was anything other than Genius is.....well I’ll leave it there...

Your idea of a brilliant player is clearly different to mine. Each to their own.
Showing that you have no idea.

I actually find myself attracted to the Woolwich ladies skipper, as i walk past her poster in Lillywhites every morning.
I smash my face into a bus stop everyday as punishment.
Or did,as thankfully the poster has been removed.
Reminded me of this....

Scarlett Johansson nearly crashed her car after being distracted by the sight of her own boobs on a giant Hollywood billboard. The sexy star was forced to slam on the brakes when she saw how her breasts had ballooned massively in size on the promotional poster.

Back
Top Bottom