Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thought had crossed my mind (God forbid we do). Another home defeat so early in the season would surely put the manager, team and the tactics under the microscope on here, in the media and also inside the club.
Perish the thought though. Let's hope the game is the springboard we need to put us back in the top four. Leicester is a toughie but Southampton, Brighton and Watford are all games we should/could win if we wish to maintain a challenge for another CL spot. :thumbup:
:coys:
One thing that I find slightly baffling from the view that our form is fine, our results are fine, we are playing well, and the manager is doing a great job and there’s nothing to worry about...

Our new signings have barely contributed to this season and we have performed to the same level as last season. Because we are playing with last seasons players.

So these people would have been fine with the same start to the season had we signed no one again this year?

Hmmmmmmmmm

Poch pep talk took place apparently.....

Good to hear I guess, but why does this manager make the biggest deal out of rumors? It's like it overtakes his mind and he just freezes until they are gone. This is the business Poch and every manager deals with it. You want Real?? Fuck me man, the rumors will never end. Stop using them as an excuse.

THat's a little bit cringe isn't it, if true ?

Why the fuck is Poch telling the world this - feeding the disharmony narrative again - and it's his job to make sure the group is focused, not make sure the world knows it isn't.

I wish he'd just shut the fuck up.

Poch used to keep his mouth shut on everything; the media couldn't get a story out of him if they held a gun to his head. Now he's turned into pandora's box.

He's media gold (which is good for our social media profile) he holds the same press conferences as every other manger yet the media spin an article from every one sentence answer .... here's what he said that lead to all these stories -

The conversation today altogether now is the squad we are going to have until January, when the rumours will appear again and different situation. It was very good to talk today for nearly one hour and refocus again on our objective. To be clear in our minds, to think that the most important is the collective and start to put outside individual situations, all together again and try to create a dynamic and be strong and starting winning games. That's the most important thing for us now.

If the media turn that positive into a negative it's not Poch's fault ... if he doesn't answer the question they will just speculate anyway ... no such thing as bad publicity ... in the media driven world of football that's very true it's far better to be talked about than ignored ....

If the usual negative posters on here want to make a huge deal ... well that's their choice ....

But we’ve started brilliantly and there are no problems. Is Poch a gooner troll or something?

He's media gold (which is good for our social media profile) he holds the same press conferences as every other manger yet the media spin an article from every one sentence answer .... here's what he said that lead to all these stories -

If the media turn that positive into a negative it's not Poch's fault ... if he doesn't answer the question they will just speculate anyway ... no such thing as bad publicity ... in the media driven world of football that's very true it's far better to be talked about than ignored ....

If the usual negative posters on here want to make a huge deal ... well that's their choice ....

And some posters read “we need to improve in every area” yet hear “my tactics were genius today”

:pochfacepalm:

And some posters read “we need to improve in every area” yet hear “my tactics were genius today”

You on the booze again?

2018/19 Man City away Lost 1-0 Woolwich away Lost 4-2
20019/20 Man City away Drew 2-2 Woolwich away Drew 2-2

If you don't see that as an improvement by the manager ... well then you're just all kinds of stupid .... but I think we knew that already

You on the booze again?

If you don't see that as an improvement by the manager ... well then you're just all kinds of stupid .... but I think we knew that already
I agree it was a better result against City but surely you just can't compare scores from season to season to highlight 'improvement'. Isn't it also possible that the opposition became weaker ??

I agree it was a better result against City but surely you just can't compare scores from season to season to highlight 'improvement'. Isn't it also possible that the opposition became weaker ??

Yup they could have - the point I made was that we played with very different tactics in both games compared to last year and we got better results - frankly we had huge luck against City, and no luck against Woolwich and anyway it's just two games .... we will see at the end of the season ... my point was that it's great to see a manager try new tactics especially against the big teams

What Poch needs to do now is get us back on track beating the "little" teams .....

Yup they could have - the point I made was that we played with very different tactics in both games compared to last year and we got better results - frankly we had huge luck against City, and no luck against Woolwich and anyway it's just two games .... we will see at the end of the season ... my point was that it's great to see a manager try new tactics especially against the big teams

What Poch needs to do now is get us back on track beating the "little" teams .....
That does seem to be our major weakness. Just wish he'd spend more time talking to the team in private than the media in public.

You on the booze again?

We were fucking shit and an 8-2 defeat wouldnt have looked out of place.

If you think relying on a team only scoring 2 of the 30 shots they got off against us is genius, then good for you.

I’m happy the manager also thinks we were shit in every area of the pitch and must improve.

You can play poorly and win. Not sure why that concept is lost on you. No one has said 2-2 is a bad result.......but you know this don’t you.

We were fucking shit and an 8-2 defeat wouldnt have looked out of place.

If you think relying on a team only scoring 2 of the 30 shots they got off against us is genius, then good for you.

I’m happy the manager also thinks we were shit in every area of the pitch and most improve.

You can play poorly and win. Not sure why that concept is lost on you. No one has said 2-2 is a bad result.......but you know this don’t you.

Couldave - shouldave - woudave .... if we'd lost every game we'd have been relegated ....

Why is your fantasy world so depressing? try one of these make things better .......
  • sertraline (Zoloft)
  • fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem)
  • citalopram (Celexa)
  • escitalopram (Lexapro)
  • paroxetine (Paxil, Pexeva, Brisdelle)
  • fluvoxamine (Luvox)

Couldave - shouldave - woudave .... if we'd lost every game we'd have been relegated ....

Why is your fantasy world so depressing? try one of these make things better .......
  • sertraline (Zoloft)
  • fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem)
  • citalopram (Celexa)
  • escitalopram (Lexapro)
  • paroxetine (Paxil, Pexeva, Brisdelle)
  • fluvoxamine (Luvox)

Never been depressed in my life thankfully, but if that’s what you find funny then good for you.

The fact I don’t find a load of millionaires kicking a ball sideways depressing is the reason I can see it for what it is.

It doesn’t depress me, it bores me. It’s trivial......it’s a football match, and despite what most scousers think it certainly isn’t “more important than life and death”.
You seem very insecure when it comes to accepting that Tottenham Hotspur play shit football now.
Like your world will fall apart.

I couldn’t give a fuck if Eriksen, Poch or Harry Kane walked away tomorrow.....it means fuck all.
It’s great when we play well.....I get a buzz from it, and I can handle losing with fight and endeavor and passion.

I can take a good result while playing shit, but we still played shit, and it doesn’t instill me with elation to watch shit football for 8 months.

At the end of the day, I support Spurs because I’m born Spurs, and I love football. But if I didn’t enjoy the game, I would not be a football fan.
I watch football to be entertained......

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

Know your history. That’s why I never accepted AVB. Fuck record points tally’s and 2-2 draws at the fucking Emirates.

Pass the ball forward, and I’m happy.

Never been depressed in my life thankfully, but if that’s what you find funny then good for you.

The fact I don’t find a load of millionaires kicking a ball sideways depressing is the reason I can see it for what it is.

It doesn’t depress me, it bores me. It’s trivial......it’s a football match, and despite what most scousers think it certainly isn’t “more important than life and death”.
You seem very insecure when it comes to accepting that Tottenham Hotspur play shit football now.
Like your world will fall apart.

I couldn’t give a fuck if Eriksen, Poch or Harry Kane walked away tomorrow.....it means fuck all.
It’s great when we play well.....I get a buzz from it, and I can handle losing with fight and endeavor and passion.

I can take a good result while playing shit, but we still played shit, and it doesn’t instill me with elation to watch shit football for 8 months.

At the end of the day, I support Spurs because I’m born Spurs, and I love football. But if I didn’t enjoy the game, I would not be a football fan.
I watch football to be entertained......

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.”

Know your history. That’s why I never accepted AVB. Fuck record points tally’s and 2-2 draws at the fucking Emirates.

Pass the ball forward, and I’m happy.

So your just naturally always negative .... whatever works for you .... sad that you think your constant negativity actually brings enjoyment for others, I let you into a little secret. it doesn't.

"Always look on the bright side of life" you should make that your mantra it's hard for us Spurs fans we're so used to getting the dark side ... but honestly you don't need to support like that.

These are the good days ... days fans of 90% of all clubs in the UK professional system will never get to enjoy ... make the most of them, be happy ....

Says the person consistently being negative towards supporters who have a contrasting viewpoint towards the club.

Good point .... but in my defence I don't claim to support any of these negative losers, negativity is just hate in a different format ...

I've yet to see a definition of "supporter" that includes in the definition slag of owner/manager/players ... there's a difference between constructive criticism and just cunting individuals off week after week (Blakey on Sissoko) or trolling new signings "was a bench player for a crap Fulham last season. Don't expect to see him much besides the odd carabao cup games" a player who's yet to start ...

Seriously why do they bother?

A bit like the children who run around disagreeing with every post ... why?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom