Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being better than your biggest rivals is always a big deal. Especially if it's the first time in 25 years.

You can aim higher whilst also celebrating the lower things.

Using your logic, there's no need to celebrate a League Cup or F.A. Cup win if you're in the CL.

You can do both.

I'm not saying finishing above the Scum is huge now. It was huge when we did it for the first time in over two decades.

Again, you can celebrate more than one thing at a time.

P.s. As to your ''difference in mentality'', even when they were winning Leagues and Cups they still celebrated 'St. Totteringham's Day'. So no, the mentality is no different.
I don't settle for being better than your biggest rivals for a few seasons as a massive accomplishment especially as we have had a team good enough to win things in that period
They won things when their team wasn't as great imo
It feels like our time has gone and there is a rebuild that needs to take place in order for that to happen
Now man u and Woolwich won't stay shit forever so i feel our time to get some trophies in our cabinet has gone

I don't settle for being better than your biggest rivals for a few seasons as a massive accomplishment especially as we have had a team good enough to win things in that period
They won things when their team wasn't as great imo
It feels like our time has gone and there is a rebuild that needs to take place in order for that to happen
Now man u and Woolwich won't stay shit forever so i feel our time to get some trophies in our cabinet has gone
No one said anything about settling.

It should have ended with him riding off in the sunset with a CL medal. Shame it's going to end like this, if the end it is. He'll have overall been an excellent manager for us but stayed a little bit too long and didn't win quite enough, or anything at all as it happens.

It should have ended with him riding off in the sunset with a CL medal. Shame it's going to end like this, if the end it is. He'll have overall been an excellent manager for us but stayed a little bit too long and didn't win quite enough, or anything at all as it happens.
Less than george graham

Thanks for wasting the best Spurs team in a generation and for being the only top six side not to win silverware.

Thanks for treating the likes of the FA Cup and UEFA cup with such open disdain and saying that winning them means little and is simply ego.

None of that mattered it’s all about finishing above one of the worst Woolwich sides in a generation. That’s what is really important here.

The opening poster should be embarrassed for posting that level of nonsense.

What are we thanking him for exactly? Have I missed something or has he won us a trophy with us?

He’ll be remembered as the nearly man, the one that steadied the ship and set us in the way.

We remember Jol fondly, after all.

I don’t think there will be a knee jerk sacking or walking, but we all know how this is going to end. There’s no fight in the players, and the best managers in the world can’t fix that. And you can’t sack the players.

But don’t really need this thread, do we?

Thanks for wasting the best Spurs team in a generation and for being the only top six side not to win silverware.

Thanks for treating the likes of the FA Cup and UEFA cup with such open disdain and saying that winning them means little and is simply ego.

None of that mattered it’s all about finishing above one of the worst Woolwich sides in a generation. That’s what is really important here.

The opening poster should be embarrassed for posting that level of nonsense.
How/why is it the best spurs team for a generation?

Laughable this thread is.

yoda-56a8f97a3df78cf772a263b4.jpg

It's fucking nuts really.... despite HOW we got there, Poch was our custodian who oversaw our only EVER Champions League/European Cup Final appearance...
NO other Spurs manager, however great, or revered, can make that claim.

On the other hand, it probably shows just what a skewed, watered down money making competition it's become, that the likes of SPURS can reach its' Final!

Back
Top Bottom