Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we on the edge of glory this season? No. I expect us to win a trophy & finish where we are.

For me, that's a complete contradiction.

"I expect us to win a trophy, but that's not glorious". For me, that's what Spurs is all about and would do the squad a lot of good next season.

For me, that's a complete contradiction.

"I expect us to win a trophy, but that's not glorious". For me, that's what Spurs is all about and would do the squad a lot of good next season.
What I expect & what will happen are two different things. A trophy this year would be glorious but it doesn't put us firmly on the path to a glorious era. The manager is heading in the right direction but to say we on the edge of glory overstates where we are right now. I truly hope we are on the edge of glory btw,

He does feel right. A combination of our previous "directions". Can't really explain it but this feels right. We must back him come summer transfer wise.
Completely agree that he feels like 'the guy' we've been looking for as manager. Perhaps the right blend of strictness without being (seen as) over-controlling/crazy, and someone happy to improve the players we already have rather than request, say, Hulk. And this is coming from someone who really like AVB at the time!

The playing style is getting better, too. It looks like players who have had to work their way back into the team may be reaping the benefit of having a fire lit under their arse (Townsend anyone?). Also great to see our home form start to improve - it's been years since WHL was a fortress, and it's a good way to get fans on your side.

One thing I remain curious about is the Southampton situation. It does seem like Poch's good work from last season was paying off in this season as well, but Jesus Christ. Their good form was more directly embarrassing while we were finding our feet, but I'd sure like to overtake them now.

If Pochettino becomes available after all this falling out in Southhampton we should make a move for him...it would be the fastest way to regain the "vision" the club lost when it fired AVB. His side plays plenty of attractive football and is a manager that we can build bigger and better things around.

I want this to happen. #endtheexodus #Holtby #Capoue

ITK

Not sure if it's just me, or does he seem to be getting an easier ride from the press than the past couple of managers?

I can't remember what AVB was getting at this stage in his first season with us, and I suppose Sherwood and 'Arry loved talking so they don't really compare. I dunno what my point is actually. See you later.

:pochbye:

It's because he's too nice and even a bit boring in interviews...he doesn't court controversy like some cunts do... imagine how Mourinho would have handled that offside, Poch just said everyone is human and mistakes happen...

It's because he's too nice and even a bit boring in interviews...he doesn't court controversy like some cunts do... imagine how Mourinho would have handled that offside, Poch just said everyone is human and mistakes happen...
Agree, also shows that he feels comfortable, not having to make excuses for poor results/performances. If we have been shit he has by and large said it, he hasn't been defensive like AVB was by trying to tell everyone our 25 shoots outside the box meant he played attacking football, or Sherwood talking up his win % whilst ignoring his loss %.

I am enjoying the focus on the team rather than the manager for a change.

s2OuQ1q.jpg

:nawty:

LOL

Not sure if it's just me, or does he seem to be getting an easier ride from the press than the past couple of managers?

I can't remember what AVB was getting at this stage in his first season with us, and I suppose Sherwood and 'Arry loved talking so they don't really compare. I dunno what my point is actually. See you later.

:pochbye:

He's a no-bullshit kind of guy, which stands in stark comparison to at least our three previous managers.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Arry and AVB were both perfectly good managers, but they both left a constant trail of head-scratching quotes in their wake (to say nothing of Sherwood), and it's that as much as the football that will get the press on your case.

Rofl, Wikipedia is correct actually, but those two games were played just a couple of weeks before Pooch became manager.

"Round of 16: Jan 6 - Espanyol 2 / Poli Ejido 3. Jan 14 - Poli Ejido 0 / Espanyol 1."

"In late January 2009, Pochettino became Espanyol's third coach in the 2008–09 season, with the side ranking third from bottom"

Back
Top Bottom