Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's fucking nuts really.... despite HOW we got there, Poch was our custodian who oversaw our only EVER Champions League/European Cup Final appearance...
NO other Spurs manager, however great, or revered, can make that claim.

On the other hand, it probably shows just what a skewed, watered down money making competition it's become, that the likes of SPURS can reach its' Final!

The likes of Spurs can reach a final.

It really just shows how small time so many of supporters have become.

Spurs - a club that will soon break into the worlds top 10 wealthiest clubs, that has one of its most valuable squads and that has arguably the best stadium in the game and you have supporters still talk as if it is 1997.

It's fucking nuts really.... despite HOW we got there, Poch was our custodian who oversaw our only EVER Champions League/European Cup Final appearance...
NO other Spurs manager, however great, or revered, can make that claim.

On the other hand, it probably shows just what a skewed, watered down money making competition it's become, that the likes of SPURS can reach its' Final!
and then fucked it completely when we got there. Wake up!

The likes of Spurs can reach a final.

It really just shows how small time so many of supporters have become.

Spurs - a club that will soon break into the worlds top 10 wealthiest clubs, that has one of its most valuable squads and that has arguably the best stadium in the game and you have supporters still talk as if it is 1997.
I only say "the likes of Spurs" because it took us 64 years to reach the Final!
Other than that, should we expect to be there year in, year out??

Because we have/had players like Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dembele, Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Lloris, Alderwield, Ali which is arguably the strongest group of players we have had since the 60s.
Better than Hodddle, Roberts,,Ardiles, Archibald, Perryman, Crookes, Galvin, Houghton!

and then fucked it completely when we got there. Wake up!
As I say, if it were SO easy to get to the Final, why haven't we reached the previous 64... and having said that, how come we didn't qualify for it EVERY year since it's inception?

WINNING ONE game to win the Champions League trophy was not all it takes...

Getting us to a POSITION where we 'only have to win one game to win the CL' is the key....

Poch has done that. How, I dunno... but no one else had!

I only say "the likes of Spurs" because it took us 64 years to reach the Final!
Other than that, should we expect to be there year in, year out??

We got to a final and? No one cares about getting to a final. No one cared that Sampdoria reached a final in 92 , or Leverkusen in 2001, Monaco in 2004, Woolwich in 2007 or a number of other such teams. Do you cherish Leeds reaching the semi final in 2001. It doesn’t mean anything - the only thing matters is winning it.

As I say, if it were SO easy to get to the Final, why haven't we reached the previous 64... and having said that, how come we didn't qualify for it EVERY year since it's inception?

WINNING ONE game to win the Champions League trophy was not all it takes...

Getting us to a POSITION where we 'only have to win one game to win the CL' is the key....

Poch has done that. How, I dunno... but no one else had!

He went one better than David O Leary - quick let’s build a statue for him

Some of our fans are embarrassing.

As fans, we expect loyalty from players and managers. Whether its Poch, Kane or anyone else who has had serious interest from other clubs, we have got a certain amount of loyalty from the people that matter in recent times.

But in return, we should be able to return the loyalty when things start to go a little sour. Kane has enough credit in the bank to have a bad run and still be given time and patience. Given that Poch has taken the rabble he received 5 years ago and taken us to a new level - he also deserves some sort of loyalty from fans. He deserves time, at least until the end of the season, to sort out our current plight.

The fickle, knee-jerk, emotional teenage fans that are calling for Poch's head are probably the ones that cry loudest about disloyal, plastic, money-grabbing players like Judas but behave in a similar way but from a different context. Like I said, it's embarrassing.

As fans, we expect loyalty from players and managers. Whether its Poch, Kane or anyone else who has had serious interest from other clubs, we have got a certain amount of loyalty from the people that matter in recent times.

But in return, we should be able to return the loyalty when things start to go a little sour. Kane has enough credit in the bank to have a bad run and still be given time and patience. Given that Poch has taken the rabble he received 5 years ago and taken us to a new level - he also deserves some sort of loyalty from fans. He deserves time, at least until the end of the season, to sort out our current plight.

The fickle, knee-jerk, emotional teenage fans that are calling for Poch's head are probably the ones that cry loudest about disloyal, plastic, money-grabbing players like Judas but behave in a similar way but from a different context. Like I said, it's embarrassing.
Uh what? We weren't 16th when Pochettino took charge - we were top 4 challengers with a very strong team. This revisionism has to stop - we weren't some mid or lower table team akin to Bournemouth before the Poch era, we were a consistent EL/CL team under AVB as well as Redknapp and yes, he improved us, but that doesn't mean he can't also make us worse. 10 months of piss poor, relegation form is unacceptable - especially after our summer spree which means we can no longer use the 'but but spending' excuse.

You’re only willing to give him to the end of the season?

Just how fickle, overly entitled, short memoried supporter are you.

Poch deserves more than that - inpatient supporters like you make me sick

Probably shows the difference in fans mentality us finishing above them was huge for us correct? They won the league at ours. How about we aim higher and criticize more yes?
We should of won
1 league cup
1 f.a cup
And potentially 1 champions league that in my opinion is huge not finishing above Woolwich

People forget Jol finished just 1pt behind Woolwich and if it wasn’t for having a ball 1m over the line disallowed at Old Trafford, we’d have rightly finished above them in the CL spots.

Aunty bollocks yeah yeah yeah.

Point being, Poch hasn’t exactly taken us next level because he’s won nothing and not done that much more in the league than Redknapp did, or Jol would have if there was VAR in 2006

What a load of bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom