Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said yesterday:

i love this notion that Poch was working on peanuts compared to our rivals but supposedly Redknapp and Jol wasnt?
I dont know what they would have acheived given 5 seasons....a domestic cup isnt unrealistic though.
At very least, an identity Im sure

Yes they were working on less than rivals like Poch but neither got us to 2nd in the league or a CL final. As I said I am quite a fan of Jol and Redknapp but Poch has been our best manager in my lifetime.

So you want us to get relegated then win the Championship, are you just looking for any trophy? We won the Audi Cup, that beats top four any day.

:sherwoodlol:

He won the league he was in, and two promotions before that, and then kept a team with an 11k capacity in the top flight for 4 straight years.

Apparently, Bournemouth have spent more than us and have a better squad though, thats why Howe is shit because they would have won the PL if he was good

He´s been here at least three years longer than ALL the managers ENIC has employed
So if the other managers had 3 more years they would have qualified for the CL? Sherwood, Hoddle, Pleat, lets get one of those back and give them 3 years and let's see how they do. :levylol:

Yes they were working on less than rivals like Poch but neither got us to 2nd in the league or a CL final. As I said I am quite a fan of Jol and Redknapp but Poch has been our best manager in my lifetime.

Neither were called the best manager in Europe, the 3rd best in the world due to a UEFA shortlist, the best manager in Spurs recent history, the best man manager, the best coach, the best at getting average players to perform world class, earned 9M a year and had 450M spent on players though

So if the other managers had 3 more years they would have qualified for the CL? Sherwood, Hoddle, Pleat, lets get one of those back and give them 3 years and let's see how they do. :levylol:

Im not talking about them though Im talking about Harry and Jol.
Jol finished 1pt off 4th and Harry got to the CL quarters and finished 4th twice.

In half the time Poch has been here.

He won the league he was in, and two promotions before that, and then kept a team with an 11k capacity in the top flight for 4 straight years.

Apparently, Bournemouth have spent more than us and have a better squad though, thats why Howe is shit because they would have won the PL if he was good

Ok so if we got relegated and then Poch took us up as Champions in the Championship would that show he is a winning manager.

We are a prem team and work in the realities of that. Could Eddie Howe do a job? Maybe but most people would probably in light of everything particularly our stadium move and larger revenues coming in get a proven winner at high level.

If Poch left Id want a Benetiez, an Ancelotti, Simeone, Conte even. A manager who can deal with big egos, knows how to deal tactically at the highest level and can also bring in the big names should we wish to go for them. Part of the reason we can go for managers like this is because Poch has had us playing at a higher level for a while.

Neither were called the best manager in Europe, the 3rd best in the world due to a UEFA shortlist, the best manager in Spurs recent history, the best man manager, the best coach, the best at getting average players to perform world class, earned 9M a year and had 450M spent on players though

The amount spent is not really comparable, it doesn’t include net not does it take into account the unbelievable amount of money that has come into the game and thus inflation in the market. We are still outspent mainly by our rivals.

Ok so if we got relegated and then Poch took us up as Champions in the Championship would that show he is a winning manager.

Of course it would, because he would have wona title and it would show that he has the ability to learn and adapt. Doesnt silverware count if you´re not in the PL now?

We are a prem team and work in the realities of that. Could Eddie Howe do a job? Maybe but most people would probably in light of everything particularly our stadium move and larger revenues coming in get a proven winner at high level.

Ive never said I specifically want Howe, Ive said he´s a good manager thats achieved real things in the game and Id support his appointment

If Poch left Id want a Benetiez, an Ancelotti, Simeone, Conte even. A manager who can deal with big egos, knows how to deal tactically at the highest level and can also bring in the big names should we wish to go for them. Part of the reason we can go for managers like this is because Poch has had us playing at a higher level for a while.
So would I except Benitez as I didnt like what he did recently at Newcastle. I thought they were abysmal

Im not talking about them though Im talking about Harry and Jol.
Jol finished 1pt off 4th and Harry got to the CL quarters and finished 4th twice.

In half the time Poch has been here.
I liked them both but Harry lost a semi against Portsmouth and MJ lost a 3-0 lead against Chelsea in the FA cup, are you sure they would do any better than Poch?

The amount spent is not really comparable, it doesn’t include net not does it take into account the unbelievable amount of money that has come into the game and thus inflation in the market. We are still outspent mainly by our rivals.

So under Redknapp we had massive net spend? Does the 158M spent in his tenure become something else because Poch had more?

Can you explain what you mean by the amounts spent cant be compared?
I just compared them: Poch had 450M and Harry 158M, both with minimal net

Of course it would, because he would have wona title and it would show that he has the ability to learn and adapt. Doesnt silverware count if you´re not in the PL now?

Ive never said I specifically want Howe, Ive said he´s a good manager thats achieved real things in the game and Id support his appointment

So would I except Benitez as I didnt like what he did recently at Newcastle. I thought they were abysmal

They where shit because they had nothing but Benitez made them hard as fuck. They where boring yes but that was required to stay in the prem and stabilise, he did a very good job there.

Pretty much, I can't relate to that. We are a prem side not a championship side.

We just lost to a division 4 side and regularly get done by champo level bottom half shite.

A manager that can win the Champo with a tenth of the budget of most of the teams around him maybe shouldnt be laughed at.
If Poch wins a Carabou, will it still be Mickey Mouse, or will it be good again

Back
Top Bottom