Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, remember when Poch was the proverbial cunt for not shutting down Utd. and RM rumours in past seasons....?

Best add Rodgers & Howe to the same shit-list....

[Poch] told Fox Sports Argentina: “There are a lot of clubs and attractive projects for me to take on.

“But, for the time being, the most important thing is for me to clear my head after five-and-a-half incredible seasons with Tottenham.

“My aim is to seek the ability to rebuild myself and get my self-motivation back."

Last edited:
[Poch] told Fox Sports Argentina: “There are a lot of clubs and attractive projects for me to take on.

“But, for the time being, the most important thing is for me to clear my head after five-and-a-half incredible seasons with Tottenham.

“My aim is to seek the ability to rebuild myself and get my self-motivation back."

Still coming out with this crap.

No they don’t - it’s a bullshit phrase to promote longevity and used to mask failure. There are no ‘projects’ in the modern game anymore - the average managerial tenure is over a year.
There definetely are projects. Look at Man United. LVG had a completely different project to José. It's up to the club though if they will follow the project of the manager and if they will give him time. Poch had a project here, and it's a shame that it fell short. If he had most of the merits of that project, or the scouts did, or Levy did, I don't know, I don't work for our club. But, I can assure you, not one manager in the top level gets a job if he's like a headless chicken.

Every club has a project. Even Barca after Pep had a project. Nothing wrong with his expressions there
It’s now perfectly clear that a few sad individuals had a problem with Poch the man, not Poch the manager. Why else would they be posting about him after he’s gone? Maybe I’m being naive, but this pettiness is an eye opener. Is it a coincidence that his two severest critics live the deepest underground? I think that ground level status is where most of us are, with some hovering a few feet above.

There definetely are projects. Look at Man United. LVG had a completely different project to José. It's up to the club though if they will follow the project of the manager and if they will give him time. Poch had a project here, and it's a shame that it fell short. If he had most of the merits of that project, or the scouts did, or Levy did, I don't know, I don't work for our club. But, I can assure you, not one manager in the top level gets a job if he's like a headless chicken.

They had the same target which is to get United back to winning titles - both are managers that had a catalogue of silverware behind them, that’s why they were hired. Again all managers are 5 bad games away from the sack - a club or manager can talk about a ‘vision’ all they want but that is dropped the moment a bad run of forms hits. AVB talk endlessly about the project - it didn’t mean anything when the City and Liverpool results killed his tenure.

They had the same target which is to get United back to winning titles - both are managers that had a catalogue of silverware behind them, that’s why they were hired. Again all managers are 5 bad games away from the sack - a club or manager can talk about a ‘vision’ all they want but that is dropped the moment a bad run of forms hits. AVB talk endlessly about the project - it didn’t mean anything when the City and Liverpool results killed his tenure.
It’s a fucking word. Get over it.

In extremely different ways. One wanted to get some exciting wingers, a veteran midfield capable on the ball etc. The other wanted footballers that were extremely capable physically and would outmuscle the opponents.As Joe said, Poch is gone now, let it go. He'll have his projects somewhere else, and if it's not in England, I wish he succeeds with flying colors.

I think this may be my first post in this thread but it will definitely be the last.
Sad that the Poch thread is in General Football.
You can't go from midway last season equalling the form of 1960-61 to scraping 4th and no away wins for a long time.
In the end he lost the plot.

"rebuild my self and get my self-motivation back"

That was the most telling quote in the piece for me too.

Back
Top Bottom