Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best wishes, but Madrid are total cunts if they axe Zidane again for merely winning them fucking trophies.
Back to the age-old debate of most mangers could win something with the same players at their disposal.

Ever since Zidane has been appointed there has always been a sense that he's not coached Madrid well. There is no defined shape or system. They get outplayed frequently from week to week.

Back to the age-old debate of most mangers could win something with the same players at their disposal.

Ever since Zidane has been appointed there has always been a sense that he's not coached Madrid well. There is no defined shape or system. They get outplayed frequently from week to week.
Not week to week but definitely in periods.

He should never have been back long term. Just like Jardim at Monaco. You never go straight back to a former club.

Not week to week but definitely in periods.

He should never have been back long term. Just like Jardim at Monaco. You never go straight back to a former club.
I haven't seen much of them this season, in fact, I've only seen them in the CL. I was impressed with their pressing against City in the first half, I don't think I've ever seen this squad do that (maybe they are this season in the league??) but having said that City were the team in control even without the ball.

Of course, the last time they thought as much (mere months ago) they went to shit. He's basically managed 3 full seasons at Madrid now, his first 3 real seasons in football management and has won 3 (potentially 4 soon) champions league finals, La Liga once (likely twice soon), 2 domestic cups, 2 uefa super cups, and 2 club world cups.

Maybe there are better managers, but there are certainly more shit ones. And he's proven that he can manage the egos of a star studded place like Madrid.

I'd be more than happy to hire Zidane if Madrid are stupid enough to sack him.

Of course, the last time they thought as much (mere months ago) they went to shit. He's basically managed 3 full seasons at Madrid now, his first 3 real seasons in football management and has won 3 (potentially 4 soon) champions league finals, La Liga once (likely twice soon), 2 domestic cups, 2 uefa super cups, and 2 club world cups.

Maybe there are better managers, but there are certainly more shit ones. And he's proven that he can manage the egos of a star studded place like Madrid.

I'd be more than happy to hire Zidane if Madrid are stupid enough to sack him.
I wouldn't and I'm one of his biggest admirers as a footballer, even named my dog (Zizou) after him!

The point is his teams have no identity, they play as if they aren't coached, which is why there is and has always been a question mark over his ability as a coach.

I agree that he no doubt will have the attention of the players because of who he is but without being in the dressing room it really is impossible to say what the players think of him.

I wouldn't and I'm one of his biggest admirers as a footballer, even named my dog (Zizou) after him!

The point is his teams have no identity, they play as if they aren't coached, which is why there is and has always been a question mark over his ability as a coach.

I agree that he no doubt will have the attention of the players because of who he is but without being in the dressing room it really is impossible to say what the players think of him.
Whatever it is, its producing results.

Your 2nd paragraph basically describes Spurs for most of the past 2 seasons so I'm not sure why Madrid would think he's an answer to "fix" their success.

Whatever it is, its producing results.

Your 2nd paragraph basically describes Spurs for most of the past 2 seasons so I'm not sure why Madrid would think he's an answer to "fix" their success.
Or maybe it's just because the players are good?

Because there's a clear identity to Poch's teams (yes that was lost in the last 18mth, just as it did with Klopp in his last season at Dortmund, another manager who's teams have strong identities). The theory is imagine what a manager capable of "coaching" players to be greater than the sum of their parts can do with a hugely talented squad at their disposal.

Well Poch will have four years to win a La Liga title, three CL’s, two Super Cups, two Spanish Cups and two World Club cups (10 trophies) if he is going to be seen as a step up.

Good luck with that......who needs trophies when you’ve got “a philosophy”

Back
Top Bottom