Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

JohnH

Supporter
Forum Intellectual.
Former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino's gardening leave has expired and he says he is looking for the "right project", amid rumours linking him with Newcastle United. (Express)

Comment

Register to remove

Still can't quite forgive Sissoko.

Stupid fucking cunt

:pochcmon:
There is nothing stupid about it, it might look that way in freeze-frame but his arm was out way before this. You see players doing this in almost every game.

It is absolutely not a pen, can=me off his chest and if anyone wants to debate it there isn't any proof that it hit his arm before it hit his chest. If it went to VAR a pen wouldn't have been awarded.

Comment

Register to remove

There is nothing stupid about it, it might look that way in freeze-frame but his arm was out way before this. You see players doing this in almost every game.

It is absolutely not a pen, can=me off his chest and if anyone wants to debate it there isn't any proof that it hit his arm before it hit his chest. If it went to VAR a pen wouldn't have been awarded.
Jesus wept. It was fucking stupid. Stupid because it didn't need him to be pointing at what exactly ? What's he pointing for ? he spends way too much time pointing at irrelevant random shit. It was especially stupid With the hand ball rules what they were that year, the stupid shit we'd seen in the PSG game, and just hand ball in general - every other cunt is holding their hands behind them in the box, not making them as fucking hittable as possible for no reason. yes, other people do point, but they don't do it standing in the box in front of someone about to whack the ball near them. Unless they are stupid.

It didn't hit hist chest, it hit his armpit and arm simultaneously. With his stupid arm out like that it was always a fucking distinct possibility - I'd even called him doing it in previous games and said "it's going to cost us soon". VAR did check it and didn't overrule it. Because it saw a stupid twat with his stupid arm out and the ball hitting it.

Stupid fucking cunt.

Comment
Jesus wept. It was fucking stupid. Stupid because it didn't need him to be pointing at what exactly ? What's he pointing for ? he spends way too much time pointing at irrelevant random shit. It was especially stupid With the hand ball rules what they were that year, the stupid shit we'd seen in the PSG game, and just hand ball in general - every other cunt is holding their hands behind them in the box, not making them as fucking hittable as possible for no reason. yes, other people do point, but they don't do it standing in the box in front of someone about to whack the ball near them. Unless they are stupid.

It didn't hit hist chest, it hit his armpit and arm simultaneously. With his stupid arm out like that it was always a fucking distinct possibility - I'd even called him doing it in previous games and said "it's going to cost us soon". VAR did check it and didn't overrule it. Because it saw a stupid twat with his stupid arm out and the ball hitting it.

Stupid fucking cunt.
We've been here before Blakey.

It wasn't a pen. He isn't "making his body bigger" to block the ball (THIS WAS THE RULE). His arm is out communicating to his teammates on position, his arm was out even before Mane thought about kicking the ball (which proves his not trying to block by making himself bigger). There is NO evidence to support it hit ANY part of his arm before it hit his chest (this is ALSO in the law of the game, it's not handball if it comes off another part of your body first).

Comment

rutlandspur

Supporter
We've been here before Blakey.

It wasn't a pen. He isn't "making his body bigger" to block the ball (THIS WAS THE RULE). His arm is out communicating to his teammates on position, his arm was out even before Mane thought about kicking the ball (which proves his not trying to block by making himself bigger). There is NO evidence to support it hit ANY part of his arm before it hit his chest (this is ALSO in the law of the game, it's not handball if it comes off another part of your body first).
I’m reluctant to stir old pots Guido but I think you’re wrong here.

irespective of whether it was a good refereeing decision or not - for months like you I argued it wasn’t, to the amusement and bemusement of my neutral footballing friends, but I now accept its 50:50 at best - the point is that he is a professional footballer behaving stupidly, very stupidly, in a CL final. Like what BC said.

Comment

Airfixx

Cherub
Why torture yourselves by agonising over the decision!
Upon calling Sissoko a cunt for the 10,000th time we all get catapulted back in time and we replay the final with a better ref and Jose 'he'd never have lost that final' Mourinho in charge.....

Lucas scores another hatrick

Bleedin' masochists!

Last edited:
Comment
I’m reluctant to stir old pots Guido but I think you’re wrong here.

irespective of whether it was a good refereeing decision or not - for months like you I argued it wasn’t, to the amusement and bemusement of my neutral footballing friends, but I now accept its 50:50 at best - the point is that he is a professional footballer behaving stupidly, very stupidly, in a CL final. Like what BC said.
So every player giving out instruction to players around them is stupid? Mate, every player does this. Every player communicates to each other, who to pick up, where to stand, what runner to look out for etc. It is the essence on filed of communication.

That fact you say it's 50/50 means it wouldn't have been awarded if it went to VAR. It didn't go to VAR, which is an absolute disgrace.

Having said all this it's Tripp's that let his man cut inside and have enough space, yet as always the wrong player seems to take the heat.

Comment

rutlandspur

Supporter
So every player giving out instruction to players around them is stupid? Mate, every player does this. Every player communicates to each other, who to pick up, where to stand, what runner to look out for etc. It is the essence on filed of communication.

That fact you say it's 50/50 means it wouldn't have been awarded if it went to VAR. It didn't go to VAR, which is an absolute disgrace.

Having said all this it's Tripp's that let his man cut inside and have enough space, yet as always the wrong player seems to take the heat.
No mate, only the one's standing the box doing it, next to a striker who's about to kick the ball at them with no other options on.... which is why no-one else was doing it.

I admire you for defending the bloke but it's just wrong. I expect if we asked he'd say himself, "yes, I was stupid, I wish I hadn't done it" or similar.

Comment

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
Still can't quite forgive Sissoko.

Stupid fucking cunt

:pochcmon:
You need to let this go - Moussa wasn't the only one to blame for that defeat, we just did not perform.
I still love Poch, but saying he would leave if we won was not the way to go into the game.

One of the biggest let downs of my life....... and believe me, being a divorcee twice over, I've had my fair share!!!

Comment
You need to let this go - Moussa wasn't the only one to blame for that defeat, we just did not perform.
I still love Poch, but saying he would leave if we won was not the way to go into the game.

One of the biggest let downs of my life....... and believe me, being a divorcee twice over, I've had my fair share!!!
It annoys me ,much more than upsets me. We only had to put in 10% more effort and we could have got a result that night. Liverpool were not much better than us on the day.

Comment

Never letting that go, sucker punched.

Comment
Everyone was absolutely burned out after 5 years under Poch and the emotional journey of the Champions League last season. I think it was best for everyone that Poch left and he seems to agree.

I think Newcastle will be quite a fun squad to watch in 2021/2022 if Poch goes there. Rather him go there than Madrid, PSG or Bayern. He seems to want the challenge in any case.

Comment

Register to remove

Airfixx

Cherub
Everyone was absolutely burned out after 5 years under Poch and the emotional journey of the Champions League last season. I think it was best for everyone that Poch left and he seems to agree.

I think Newcastle will be quite a fun squad to watch in 2021/2022 if Poch goes there. Rather him go there than Madrid, PSG or Bayern. He seems to want the challenge in any case.
Regardless of who's managing them, I will take no fun from watching another financially jacked-up bunch of pretenders ruining the competitive nature of the league.

Comment
Top Bottom