Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jol is quite a good reference point actually. I wouldn't be surprised if his managerial career doesn't go the same way if he hasn't learnt from his mistakes.

I think Newcastle is definitely the wrong move for him. He doesn't need another project, he needs to go into a club that is pretty much raring to go. He will have identified those clubs as Real Madrid and Man Utd and that is where he sees himself next.

I really doubt he will lower himself to go to Newcastle despite what money they throw at him and the team.

PSG, Juventus or Bayern all logical moves.

Anyway, he’s my favourite Spurs manager, IMO he built a connection with the fans that goes beyond football. I’ve held the view that we needed time apart and he will come back again.

Jol is quite a good reference point actually. I wouldn't be surprised if his managerial career doesn't go the same way if he hasn't learnt from his mistakes.

I think Newcastle is definitely the wrong move for him. He doesn't need another project, he needs to go into a club that is pretty much raring to go. He will have identified those clubs as Real Madrid and Man Utd and that is where he sees himself next.

I really doubt he will lower himself to go to Newcastle despite what money they throw at him and the team.
You can tell who aren't proper Spurs here.

They don't get the parallels between Jol and Poch and how we can like people that don't win us stuff. Because their character is bigger than simply winning. And Spurs is bigger than simply winning.

The same people that say we can't like Peter Crouch because he didn't win us anything. Or Van Der Vaart.

They don't get that Spurs, proper Spurs, are bigger than simply the game on the pitch.

Last edited:
This is what John, Arc, 5 and Hood don't get. They don't feel that connection because they don't go and don't know what being Spurs is.

Poch is proper yid.
No balls to even @

I never wanted Poch sacked - you did - it's all there in the posts

And now you've predictably backtracked to use it for trolling to start a cunt-off - laughable

I called for Poch to go because of results.

I said our relationship with Poch goes beyond results. Even though our results were bad we still love him.

Once again, you've proven my point.

Thank you, sir.

Relationship goes beyond results? In a results orientated business? Laughable statement to make. Results weren't bad they were terrible. 25 points from 24 league games - that's Juande Ramos relegation form.

Again you be would espousing this drivel even if had taken us down because according to you our relationship goes beyond results right?

The level of revisionism at play is quite something - we experienced the Pleat '87 team over 4 seasons and the primary cause of that is never held to account.

And not only is he not held to account for that but there is actually a clamor to get him back because in the minds of his acolytes that doesn't really count.

Again its a sad reflection of the state of the modern game when the custodians of the club put the interests of a paid employee over the club they purport to love.

I never wanted Poch sacked - you did - it's all there in the posts

And now you've predictably backtracked to use it for trolling to start a cunt-off - laughable
Where this morning did I say I didn't want Poch sacked at that time?

If you post it, I'll leave the forum forever.

Here's something I said...

I called for Poch to go

Your desperation for my attention is cute. One day you'll get to WHL mate.

Relationship goes beyond results? In a results orientated business? Laughable statement to make. Results weren't bad they were terrible. 25 points from 24 league games - that's Juande Ramos relegation form.

Again you be would espousing this drivel even if had taken us down because according to you our relationship goes beyond results right?

The level of revisionism at play is quite something - we experienced the Pleat '87 team over 4 seasons and the primary cause of that is never held to account.

And not only is not held to account for that but there is actually a clamor to get him back because in the minds of his acolytes that doesn't really count.

Again its a sad reflection of the state of the modern game when the custodians of the club put the interests of a paid employee over the club they purport to love.
If we got relegated (LOL) that would have no bearing on Poch as a person and as a character and why we love him.

You're only interested in Spurs if we win? Telling.

Can we not like VDV either because he didn't win stuff here? What about Crouch?

Where this morning did I say I didn't want Poch sacked at that time?

If you post it, I'll leave the forum forever.

Here's something I said...

Your desperation for my attention is cute. One day you'll get to WHL mate.

Poch could have stayed and built a legacy if clowns like you didn't turn against him, poisoning the atmosphere and now you're trying to pretended you're some kind of Poch defender. As I said - your flip-flopping is laughable

Poch could have stayed and built a legacy if clowns like you didn't turn against him, poisoning the atmosphere and now you're trying to pretended you're some kind of Poch defender. As I said - your flip-flopping is laughable
Yea, but where did I say I didn't want Poch sacked this morning as you say?

Only a couple of pages. Should be easy to find.

If we got relegated (LOL) that would have no bearing on Poch as a person and as a character and why we love him.

You're only interested in Spurs if we win? Telling.

Can we not like VDV either because he didn't win stuff here? What about Crouch?

So a manager could relegate us but as long as he has a good character all is fine - uber lol to that one.

I'm interested in protecting the interests of the club and ensuring that it reaches it's goals and safeguards it's traditions. Thats the job of a supporter - it's not to put the interests of a chairman, manager or player above the club which is what you are doing.

Pochettinho wasted one of the clubs best group of players, we were the only top 6 six not to win anything in his time despite inferior sides doing so. And it wasn't just due to a talent issue with the man it was a also his derisory attitude towards the domestic cups which have defined this club history.

You talk about characters -it's just sad that we have so many pathetically weak minded individuals in our supporter-base such as yourself.

So a manager could relegate us but as long as he has a good character all is fine - uber lol to that one.

I'm interested in protecting the interests of the club and ensuring that it reaches it's goals and safeguards it's traditions. Thats the job of a supporter - it's not to put the interests of a chairman, manager or player above the club which is what you are doing.

Pochettinho wasted one of the clubs best group of players, we were the only top 6 six not to win anything in his time despite inferior sides doing so. And it wasn't just due to a talent issue with the man it was a also his derisory attitude towards the domestic cups which have defined this club history.

You talk about characters -it's just sad that we have so many pathetically weak minded individuals in our supporter-base such as yourself.
In terms of judging him as a person, yes.

Someone getting relegated in football means fuck all about someone as a person.

No wonder you have no friends. First sign of failure and you ditch them.

You keep not answering the question. Are we allowed to like Rafael Van Der Vaart? He didn't win us anything.

Why do those two quotes make him not a yid?

You do know there are #properyids that played for other clubs?

Jimmy Greaves left us for West Ham don't you know.

Because its a job to these people - surely, surely any one learned that after Campbell.

They are not here for the love of the club - they are here because the club is giving them multi million pound contracts.

Pochettino came out with the same comments about Espanyol, this is what he had to say about PSG whilst he was still here

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has revealed it would be a "dream" to manage a "big club like Paris Saint-Germain".

The level of naivety amongst some of you is quite something.

Because its a job to these people - surely, surely any one learned that after Campbell.

They are not here for the love of the club - they are here because the club is giving them multi million pound contracts.

Pochettino came out with the same comments about Espanyol, this is what he had to say about PSG whilst he was still here

The level of naivety amongst some of you is quite something.
Haha, you're so silly.

No player/mamanger can love the clubs they are at.

I'd love to take a holiday in your head. Amazing.

In terms of judging him as a person, yes.

Someone getting relegated in football means fuck all about someone as a person.

No wonder you have no friends. First sign of failure and you ditch them.

You keep not answering the question. Are we allowed to like Rafael Van Der Vaart? He didn't win us anything.

Who cares about character? Alex Ferguson was thoroughly dislikeable character but arguably the games best ever coach. This isn't X Factor - its about getting results with the resources available to them and Pochettinho failed in that regard.

And what on earth are you rabbitting on about Van Der Vaart - one is a player, the other a manager. VDV role was to perform to the best of ability on pitch which he did. Pochettinho's role was to create a team from the talent he was given and achieve results with that. He was given a group of players which was one of the best in the league and one of the best in the clubs history and failed to win anything with it.

Who cares about character? Alex Ferguson was thoroughly dislikeable character but arguably the games best ever coach. This isn't X Factor - its about getting results with the resources available to them and Pochettinho failed in that regard.

And what on earth are you rabbitting on about Van Der Vaart - one is a player, the other a manager. VDV role was to perform to the best of ability on pitch which he did. Pochettinho's role was to create a team from the talent he was given and achieve results with that. He was given a group of players which was one of the best in the league and one of the best in the clubs history and failed to win anything with it.
So you can like someone within football irrespective of whether they win you something.

Finally getting that cleared up is a relief.

Back
Top Bottom