Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice words.

Doesn't take away the shite we saw for 12 months though.
It does, because during that shit we got to the final of the CL (completly deserved I might add, none of this "luck" bollocks I keep hearing, we were unlucky not to have wins early on in the group's stages and we were the ONLY team to progress from QF's onwards on a positive XG!) AND the League Cup (a game we would have got through to the final on away goals had the rules not been changed and Tripps being a total calamity).

It does, because during that shit we got to the final of the CL (completly deserved I might add, none of this "luck" bollocks I keep hearing, we were unlucky not to have wins early on in the group's stages and we were the ONLY team to progress from QF's onwards on a positive XG!) AND the League Cup (a game we would have got through to the final on away goals had the rules not been changed and Tripps being a total calamity).

And won nothing?

He took us as far as he could take us. That was obvious. Him coming back won't achieve anything but nostalgia on when he had us performing well 3 years ago

I would rather remember Poch for the guy that brought my enjoyment over the course of 4 years and wouldn't want him to tarnish that or embarrass himself by coming back and failing.

Are we the only club in history fawning over someone, who won us nothing, coming back!? Listen to ourselves.

Mourinho may or may not be the answer. Neither is Pochettino

You can tell who aren't proper Spurs here.

They don't get the parallels between Jol and Poch and how we can like people that don't win us stuff. Because their character is bigger than simply winning. And Spurs is bigger than simply winning.

The same people that say we can't like Peter Crouch because he didn't win us anything. Or Van Der Vaart.

They don't get that Spurs, proper Spurs, are bigger than simply the game on the pitch.

If you mean playing with style and acting with class then yes I agree, it was Gazza’s brilliance as a very young kid that really made me love Spurs. I am a whore for flair and class in football.

And won nothing?

He took us as far as he could take us. That was obvious. Him coming back won't achieve anything but nostalgia on when he had us performing well 3 years ago

I would rather remember Poch for the guy that brought my enjoyment over the course of 4 years and wouldn't want him to tarnish that or embarrass himself by coming back and failing.
It's not obvious at all!

I genuinely would love to see any manager do what he did with a side that hadn't competed for a title for 40yrs compete for 3 on the lowest net spend in the division, no signings for 2 windows, playing every single game away from home for almost 2 full seasons.

Why the fuck would he embarrass himself? If you think that then surely Jose's run (with exactly the same squad and the BENEFIT of playing at home) would be a massive embarrassment, but haven't heard you come out and say this.

It's not obvious at all!

I genuinely would love to see any manager do what he did with a side that hadn't competed for a title for 40yrs compete for 3 on the lowest net spend in the division, no signings for 2 windows, playing every single game away from home for almost 2 full seasons.

Why the fuck would he embarrass himself? If you think that then surely Jose's run (with exactly the same squad and the BENEFIT of playing at home) would be a massive embarrassment, but haven't heard you come out and say this.

Because he'd have to come back and actually achieve something. Which I don't think hes capable of doing. Crying and blubbering about missing us, saying there's unfinished business only to return and fail to win something, again. Would be embarrassing. And would ruin him. He's saying what the fans want to hear. He isn't returning nor should he want to.

He raised his stock by coming here and he'll be at one of the many bigger clubs than Spurs in his next managerial role and we'll see what he's made of. I personally think he'll crash and burn.

Just watched the interview.
Oh Poch ... mate ...

5Lwi.gif

Because he'd have to come back and actually achieve something. Which I don't think hes capable of doing. Crying and blubbering about missing us, saying there's unfinished business only to return and fail to win something, again. Would be embarrassing. And would ruin him. He's saying what the fans want to hear. He isn't returning nor should he want to.

He raised his stock by coming here and he'll be at one of the many bigger clubs than Spurs in his next managerial role and we'll see what he's made of. I personally think he'll crash and burn.

These people are making the same mistake we made with Ramos in believing that he was the main driver for Sevilla's success rather than their structure (Monchi, Del Nido, etc).

Pochettinho is undoubtedly a good manager but that is it, all of the games elite managers have won major silverware in their 40s whilst he has nothing to his name in 11 years in management and is rapidly approaching 50.

He was sacked from Espanyol way adrift at the foot of the table and his best finish at Southampton was 9th whilst Koeman beat that his first season whilst having his team virtually sold to Liverpool the summer before.

Much like his mentor Bielsa the hype is greater than the talent and he will get quickly found at a club when consistent silverware is the standard.

So he will not win anything anywhere? How on earth can you conclude this?

So you must agree by those exact same measures that Jose's time with us has been utter humiliation?

Back
Top Bottom