Mauricio Pochettino

Nothing controversial or that interesting. They watched only the 25 minutes of the documentary, so they say, and there really wasn't much else of note - they spoke about how much they love the club, the relationships with the players, the fans and that was about it.

Is this guy now becoming the forgotten man of football ?. If he is to prove himself a winner then he needs to get back in the saddle very quickly with a club and start another 'project'. He's been out of the game nearly a year now.

Deckard

Supporter
Is this guy now becoming the forgotten man of football ?. If he is to prove himself a winner then he needs to get back in the saddle very quickly with a club and start another 'project'. He's been out of the game nearly a year now.
Maybe other clubs are not 100% convinced about him, but to me the main reason is that there hasn't;t been much movement among managers in the last year, and I think it will change relatively soon. Allegri is another example of highly rated managers without a job, and he had been out of the game for a year and a half now. He wanted to take a sabbatical year, but this summer no club went for him,

It was highly doubtful any club would have come in for him in his first year, had they have done Poch (and his team) would have had to return his severance. Matt Law(??) also reported at the time that there was also a clause in his exit package that the "new" club would have to pay Spurs compensation (I can't recall what that was, or if it was ever detailed), his entire exit deal was designed for him not to secure work elsewhere (Europe AND PL) in the first year.

Grocer

Supporter
Where Poch made us dare... José will make us do!!
It was highly doubtful any club would have come in for him in his first year, had they have done Poch (and his team) would have had to return his severance. Matt Law(??) also reported at the time that there was also a clause in his exit package that the "new" club would have to pay Spurs compensation (I can't recall what that was, or if it was ever detailed), his entire exit deal was designed for him not to secure work elsewhere (Europe AND PL) in the first year.
Wasnt a full year, was till June.

Top Bottom