Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you've got a Mac or are typing on your phone, just hold the letter N down and you'll get the option to press 1 and get your ñ.

The Portuguese, of course, just bung an h in front of the n instead.

:pochhail:

SillyBlondDuckbillcat-max-1mb.gif

Likely to take over for Sarri at Juventus. Seems he was determined to manage a barcode strip for his next gig. Would be interesting to see what he does there considering the squad age and makeup, just couldn't be further from what Spurs were in 2014.

Likely to take over for Sarri at Juventus. Seems he was determined to manage a barcode strip for his next gig. Would be interesting to see what he does there considering the squad age and makeup, just couldn't be further from what Spurs were in 2014.

He’ll have to win the league and progress well in the champions league or he’ll only be there a season.

He’ll have to win the league and progress well in the champions league or he’ll only be there a season.
Seems fair with that squad and the magnitiude of the club, you shouldn't go there if you first want to build on a team for a couple of seasons.. Their board and fans won't have any of that.

Last edited:
Yeah agree.

Any other year and I think it would have been a given that he'll (or any decent manager) will get a title at Juve such is their dominance on the League, but for a number of years now their team has looked old and tired, still good enough to win the league mind but that was largely aided by Milian and Inter being basket cases of Clubs. Feel the competition has increased from these two, so job is harder as a result.

That said, I'd still make them favourites even taking into account the revival of both Inter and Milan.

Good luck to him.

If he goes to Juventus he starts his 'Mourinho' journey of managing the biggest and financially best club in the league he manages in. No excuses then.

Poch at Juve would be very interesting, both considering the squad make up as some has mentioned, and the pressure that comes with that job.

Apparently Conte is trying to force his way out of Inter to go back to Juve as well. And if that happens then surely Poch is favorite for the Inter job no?

They are where Barca is from a squad management perspective (old and expensive with a huge wage bill), but Inter are not quite Madrid so they were able to hobble to another title. However, their Champions League exit was a not a fluke - they were not a great team this year. 5th highest goal total in Serie A, which included 12/12 on penalties (most in the league - shocker).

Maybe Poch turns them down? I wouldn't be shocked - it really depends on what assurances they give him. But considering they fired Sarri for winning the league but getting knocked out of the CL, I don't think he'll get time.

Poch at Juve would be very interesting, both considering the squad make up as some has mentioned, and the pressure that comes with that job.

Apparently Conte is trying to force his way out of Inter to go back to Juve as well. And if that happens then surely Poch is favorite for the Inter job no?
Poch seems to be the go-to name for basically any top job in the big 5 leagues. Even some United fans are saying they should still try and get Poch, but I'd say they are a minority now.

They are where Barca is from a squad management perspective (old and expensive with a huge wage bill), but Inter are not quite Madrid so they were able to hobble to another title. However, their Champions League exit was a not a fluke - they were not a great team this year. 5th highest goal total in Serie A, which included 12/12 on penalties (most in the league - shocker).

Maybe Poch turns them down? I wouldn't be shocked - it really depends on what assurances they give him. But considering they fired Sarri for winning the league but getting knocked out of the CL, I don't think he'll get time.
If they give him time to rebuild the team he could be a massive success. But the risk is of course that if he tries to move on guys like Buffon, Chiellini and Bonucci there would be hell to pay from the fans.

If they give him time to rebuild the team he could be a massive success. But the risk is of course that if he tries to move on guys like Buffon, Chiellini and Bonucci there would be hell to pay from the fans.
Which is why it would be strange to bring Poch in unless you want him to blow up the squad and offload all the bloated contracts. It's possible that Juventus management see the writing on the wall but I doubt it.

Which is why it would be strange to bring Poch in unless you want him to blow up the squad and offload all the bloated contracts. It's possible that Juventus management see the writing on the wall but I doubt it.

Seems that Juve management have eyed Poch up as a future manager for some time which probably makes him the obvious choice now he's available. Italian journalist on the radio talked of an alternative timeline where if we won the CL Final last season Poch would probably have called time on his Spurs career to go out on a high and immediately offered the job to succeed Allegri instead of Sarri.

The other option he mentioned was Zidane who obviously has a history with Juventus but that seems a lot more fanciful. Poch is available and there's no logical reason why he would not want the job.

Hope he goes to Juve and dominates so all the haters on here can see what he can do with solid financial backing not some bargain bin specials

Back
Top Bottom