Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He could not hack Madrid. No chance.

He could easily hack it, but it would be a terrible option for him (or anyone right now). Zidane will leave that team a mess and it likely will take a sacrificial lamb to clean up some of that mess setting up the manager after him to have success.

:mourfacepalm:
200.gif
Yeah - let’s forget our club history ...

Shameful post yet fully expected

Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now.
:mourthumb:
Stop copy pasting corny shit from Google

You slagged someone off for getting emotional watching our greatest European night in a generation - utter scummy move

Is that your own, mate or someone else?

Excuse my ignorance, but I like that.
I wish it were mine mate but no.
It is a quotation from the book Eldest by the author Christopher Paolini. That was his second novel in a series known as The Inheritance Cycle, which consists of the books Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance, and the follow up short story collection The Fork, the Witch and the Worm.
If you enjoyed The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings try his first book Eragon and see if you like it. Elves and dragons abound. Wonderful stories.
:mourthumb:

Last edited:
He could easily hack it, but it would be a terrible option for him (or anyone right now). Zidane will leave that team a mess and it likely will take a sacrificial lamb to clean up some of that mess setting up the manager after him to have success.

But they spent nothing last summer and cleared out a few of their big earning players. Surely that is set up for them going on a spending spree next summer?

I agree he’s probably waiting for that or Man Utd but these jobs come around once in a blue moon in reality. The Madrid one is right man at the right time even if it does come up fairly regularly.

But they spent nothing last summer and cleared out a few of their big earning players. Surely that is set up for them going on a spending spree next summer?

I agree he’s probably waiting for that or Man Utd but these jobs come around once in a blue moon in reality. The Madrid one is right man at the right time even if it does come up fairly regularly.

They will always spend but the problem I see with RM is that they have zero quality young guys and a lot of guys who are 28+.

They likely need a complete new MF, at least one CB although Militao has looked poor (for RM) standards so maybe 2, someone to replace Benzema, probably another attacker as well and some depth.

Carvajal. Isco, Casemiro, Hazard, Varane, Courtois are all ~28. That doesn't mean they are completely done but they are starting to get to the age when many guys start to fall off in performance, especially for a team with expectations like RM. Maybe Ascenio is good enough to start but he seems to be injured all the time and I think that he is better as a sub than starter. Mendy is 25 and decent so one guy in his prime starting for them.

Ramos, Kroos, Modric, Benzema, Marcelo are all guys who should be replaced. Not that they are bad players, but again this is RM and the expectations are to be the best club in the world.

I do like Jose and fully believe it was the end of the circle for Poch.

But I like this man way too much. Wish him nothing but the best. Hopefully he'll be back here at some point in his career.

Jose could win us the Treble and I'll never love the man as much as I do Poch.

He built us up into what we are today and oversaw the move from the Old Lane to the New, via Wembley, with class and dignity and gave us some great results including my personal highlight the 3-1 over then European Champions Real Madrid at a packed Wembley.

Some people on here may have chosen to forget such things but not me.

Jose could win us the Treble and I'll never love the man as much as I do Poch.

He built us up into what we are today and oversaw the move from the Old Lane to the New, via Wembley, with class and dignity and gave us some great results including my personal highlight the 3-1 over then European Champions Real Madrid at a packed Wembley.

Some people on here may have chosen to forget such things but not me.
All facts. Jose's the stepdad , and guys like us are the difficult children.

Back
Top Bottom