Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, are you trying to draw some kind of equivalence between finishing top 3 with us and potentially finishing top 3 with PSG?
He thinks the budget afforded him by Levy will match whatever he gets at PSG

:avbcringe:

And any other manager would have won the lot on the back of 18 months of zero investment.

:harrylol:

The problem here is as far as i can see every spurs fan loved poch and know he elevated us to levels we hadnt been at for years and gave us some memorable nights but some here will not see or hear anything bad about him. No faults,was perfect in everything he did. Cant realise no one is perfect

The problem here is as far as i can see every spurs fan loved poch and know he elevated us to levels we hadnt been at for years and gave us some memorable nights but some here will not see or hear anything bad about him. No faults,was perfect in everything he did. Cant realise no one is perfect
As sammyspurs sammyspurs pointed out in his excellent post earlier, I've called him a cunt and criticised his tactics on many occasion.
However, when it came down to the crunch, levy bottled it and failed to give him the backing and support he cried out for and had earned.
When the inevitable collision between the 2 men materialised, the majority of our fans backed the wrong man.
Just a shame some guys can't admit they got it wrong.

He thinks the budget afforded him by Levy will match whatever he gets at PSG

:avbcringe:

And any other manager would have won the lot on the back of 18 months of zero investment.

Nope i am saying poch is just a good manager not a great one and will come 2nd or 3rd in the french league with all the money in the world available to him

As sammyspurs sammyspurs pointed out in his excellent post earlier, I've called him a cunt and criticised his tactics on many occasion.
However, when it came down to the crunch, levy bottled it and failed to give him the backing and support he cried out for and had earned.
When the inevitable collision between the 2 men materialised, the majority of our fans backed the wrong man.
Just a shame some guys can't admit they got it wrong.
Again i no doubt think that the majority of fans fully believe that poch should have been backed 100% when we were on top. Thats a given. And although he was given 100 mil in the summer before he left it was too late probably. His record wasnt exactly excellent when it came down to it though either in the transfer market.
Its the blinkers on the big mistakes he made from people is baffling. He should be lauded for the job he done and critised for the mistakes he made.
Cant see the problem in that 🤷‍♂️

How was my post meaningless can you explain? And is it wrong. Poch openly said he could leave the club no matter if we won or not. Its a fact he did not travel with the squad back after the game. Where am i wrong in my statement?
Your condescending tone in your message is why i gave a smart answer.
You think im a fool by not listening to you and agreeing with you! And ignorant!
You also say i know nothing about it so please o great and mighty one please fill me in on what you know about it.
Have you inside information? Are you close to poch? How do you know more than me about any of it
You made an assumption based on nothing of substance and then chose to denigrate him for it. Did you call him and ask him what he meant, or check on his travel arrangements- did you check your facts.
Ah, small problem there. You weren't actually in possession of any facts. Just assumptions and guesswork. But dont let that stop you, knock him back anyway.

You made an assumption based on nothing of substance and then chose to denigrate him for it. Did you call him and ask him what he meant, or check on his travel arrangements- did you check your facts.
Ah, small problem there. You weren't actually in possession of any facts. Just assumptions and guesswork. But dont let that stop you, knock him back anyway.
I watched him in an interview state that he could leave the club win or lose! Pretty clear to me. It is also a fact he didnt travel back with the squad after losing. If you think thats acceptable well thats up to you. You win together and lose together. No matter what you stick together. What were the players and staff thinking? Very good way to lose a dressing room

So we're blaming Poch for our woeful record of 1 league cup in the 14 years that preceeded him too, are we

I know, we'll blame him for the shocking, negative bullshit we saw tonight as well

:freund:

And while we're at it, we'll blame him for our current run of 2 points from 12

:mourpointlaugh:
You seem a little bit too happy right now John.
Don’t worry you can be a PSG fan in a month and have as many titles you want.
The only thing you respected at Spurs isn’t here anymore. So why are you?

Has he not proved he is a great manager throughout his career?
Maybe, but he's had huge financial backing in every job since Porto.
Far more so than Pocchetino.
But if he's such a great manager, as his trophy record suggests, you'll be the first to admit that should he fail at Spurs the underlying reason must be the ownership?

You seem a little bit too happy right now John.
Don’t worry you can be a PSG fan in a month and have as many titles you want.
The only thing you respected at Spurs isn’t here anymore. So why are you?
Strange thing for you to say, Sammy. When we win, your the angriest most bitter poster on the forum!
You honestly seem to get more satisfaction when the likes of Liverpool drop points than from any Spurs victory.
Each to their own, of course, but let's be honest, with every bad result under Poch a little bit of you felt happy inside, didn't it.

I watched him in an interview state that he could leave the club win or lose! Pretty clear to me. It is also a fact he didnt travel back with the squad after losing. If you think thats acceptable well thats up to you. You win together and lose together. No matter what you stick together. What were the players and staff thinking? Very good way to lose a dressing room
I'm not a member of his family or entourage so I'm not in a position to answer why he travelled back separately. I cant say I care one way or another either.
I'm fairly sure that the comment about quitting win or lose was based on his belief that without financial support he was never going to top the achievement.

Believe what you want, just dont try to pass your opinions off as facts.

Strange thing for you to say, Sammy. When we win, your the angriest most bitter poster on the forum!
You honestly seem to get more satisfaction when the likes of Liverpool drop points than from any Spurs victory.
Each to their own, of course, but let's be honest, with every bad result under Poch a little bit of you felt happy inside, didn't it.
Stop John, you're baiting now. Seriously, he doesnt need an invitation to post and sound off, he'll manage all by himself.

When we win, your the angriest most bitter poster on the forum!
It’s a nice twist but my bitterness when we win isn’t at the club.
It’s at our shit fans who said we were shit when we were top (or disappeared altogether) then when we’re 6th, say the exact same stuff.

I piss my pants when Liverpool lose and draw against relegation fodder.
Others claim it doesn’t matter because they will soon go on a run.

The difference between me and you that I am biased towards Spurs

It’s odd that you find that odd.
But knock yourself out......Liverpool drawing means they are world class I suppose

Last edited:
And by the way i said it was disrespectful
I'm not a member of his family or entourage so I'm not in a position to answer why he travelled back separately. I cant say I care one way or another either.
I'm fairly sure that the comment about quitting win or lose was based on his belief that without financial support he was never going to top the achievement.

Believe what you want, just dont try to pass your opinions off as facts.
Im passing off what i seen with own eyes. So its ok to say (repeatedly) that he could leave after a champions league final!! To me as i said thats disrespectful to the fans and players. Thats what i believe. You dont care about his travel arrangements i thought it was disrespectful. So why bother comment if you dont care

Shows how far we had fallen when you have fans who claim we’re a massive club celebrating top 4 and runners up tags.

Same cunts who laugh off the trophy Ramos won as meaningless then screaming “ONE TROPHY IN 20 YEARS ENIC OUT!!”

:mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom