Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stop John, you're baiting now. Seriously, he doesnt need an invitation to post and sound off, he'll manage all by himself.
I miss the heady days of chasing Leicester fruitlessly when all the top clubs took an off season. Colchester. Bayern. Writing off domestics as meaningless ego building. Cups this club was built on.
I watched us lift the UEFA Cup in 84 and it wasn’t a scratch on losing the Sky Sports CL Final. Yellow ticker day and winter windows....the hope. The sorrow. The glory of not winning away for a month shy of one whole year.
I miss falling short because in 2016 when we fell short we looked good in some games.
The game is about watching PSG to goad fellow Spurs fans later. The game is about trying”

Mick Cooper

Ok according to you, Benitez is a better manager than Klopp.
Depends on what era and what context we are talking about I suppose.
The main difference here is that there’s a discussion to be had as both have won titles the and CL.
Klopp built a legacy at Dortmund but Benitez has won a couple ELs.

Poch making Tottenham play well in 2016 and getting to a CL final in 2019 doesn’t really compare to 10 trophies and three ELs with Seville.

Pochs Spurs era is comparable to Redknapps.
His Southampton era is a bit like their current manager, and his time at Espanyol is like Ramos for us minus the trophy.

Last edited:
Depends on what era and what context we are talking about I suppose.
Bbb bbut it depends you know.

Is Benitez better manager than Klopp or what? They’re modern and both active. I didn’t ask you to tell me which one is better between some 1930s winning manager and Guardiola.

This is getting embarrassing and even slightly cultish in here at times.

All bless Poch, king of no one, winner of nothing!

I miss the heady days of chasing Leicester fruitlessly when all the top clubs took an off season. Colchester. Bayern. Writing off domestics as meaningless ego building. Cups this club was built on.
I watched us lift the UEFA Cup in 84 and it wasn’t a scratch on losing the Sky Sports CL Final. Yellow ticker day and winter windows....the hope. The sorrow. The glory of not winning away for a month shy of one whole year.
I miss falling short because in 2016 when we fell short we looked good in some games.
The game is about watching PSG to goad fellow Spurs fans later. The game is about trying”

Mick Cooper
and some fell on stony ground

One is at the end of his managerial career the other is in his prime. Silly comparison
And both won a similar amount.
Prime Benitez or Prime Klopp?

I’ll let the Scousers decide, but I’m pretty sure when Poch joins PSG their fans will not claim he’s better if he doesn’t win 7 trophies in two seasons like Emery did there

And both won a similar amount.
Prime Benitez or Prime Klopp?

I’ll let the Scousers decide, but I’m pretty sure when Poch joins PSG their fans will not claim he’s better if he doesn’t win 7 trophies in two seasons like Emery did there
100%. If poch wins their hearts they might think he is better though

So you can’t compare two managers who are in different stages of their career but are still around. Ok

Next time I’ll come with an example that fits your agenda
My agenda you came up with these comparisons not me. You tried to compare a man that has won nothing with a man thats won multiple trophies
I suggest you sort your agenda out first then use the right comparisons to fit in with it

So you can’t compare two managers who are in different stages of their career but are still around. Ok

Next time I’ll come with an example that fits your agenda
I have answered though but you’re on the run.
Both won similar amounts, I dont know the intricate differences in their management styles though I’m sure a Liverpool fan can answer better, but I don’t think the “Hahahahah he thinks Benitez is better than Klopp” thing you were hoping for is going to take off.
Rafa was a quality manager, and a very successful one.

Maybe you think Pochs career is better than his too?
Seeing as you think that winning 0 trophies is comparable to winning 10 trophies.

Poch won the same amount as our team did.
If you think his era was a massive success, you must be delighted with ENIC.

In an ideal world, Poch goes to PSG wins a few trophies, and then comes back to us and wins us a few trophies after Jose has won us a trophy and then did his usual leave at 3-year mark.

Baggio1 Baggio1 , you've avoided my question.
Stop running away.

As you rightly said, Mourinho has won major silverware at every club he's managed.
Should he fail at Spurs, will you be the first to admit it may be the owners that are the underlying problem?

tenor.gif

Stop running away.

As you rightly said, Mourinho has won major silverware at every club he's managed.
Should he fail at Spurs, will you be the first to admit it may be the owners that are the underlying problem?

tenor.gif
Well he won't fail he already almost has us in a final
And I'll never put complete blame on anyone i know lots more could of been done by the owners throughout the years
When poch fails to win a trophy with PSG will you admit he ain't a top manager?

In an ideal world, Poch goes to PSG wins a few trophies, and then comes back to us and wins us a few trophies after Jose has won us a trophy and then did his usual leave at 3-year mark.
If Poch is to come back, we’d have to have new owners.

He’s going to get all the financial backing he wants at PSG, and he’ll find it incredibly frustrating to come back and work for ENIC with the way we operate.

Would love to have him back one day though.

Stop running away.

tenor.gif
Honest question, why do you assume others are hero worshipping Jose just because you have an uncomfortable fascination and somewhat sick imagined connection with Poch?

If Jose fails then he fails. Why would anyone say that losing finals and not winning anything (when that is clearly his goal) is an achievement.

It’s you that has those fucked up views not Baggio1

When poch fails to win a trophy with PSG will you admit he ain't a top manager?
Yes of course I will.

But if Spurs become the first club that the great manager Mourinho fails at you won't admit it's clear evidence the issue lies with the owners.

See the difference? I'm prepared to hold my hands up and show humility . You're already showing yourself as a slimey, slippery snake who'll never admit he got it wrong.

True colours, pal.

Back
Top Bottom