Mauricio Pochettino

If he does well, he'd have no reason not to renew. The PSG job is a dream, insane wages, cake walk league and great city if you're rich. If Mbappe fucks off you're just left with Neymar to please as well and no drama.
I sort thought him signing a 18mth contract meant he saw PSG as a stopgap, but apparently Tuchel was on a 2 year contract as well, so it might just something the Club does.

Otherwise, I agree with you. If he does 'well' (win CL or come very close), I don't see a reason both parties wouldn't renew.

Johnboy40

Where's the Kaboom?
Congrats poch. Already proved many on here wrong. Not that he will care about them. He deserves a winners medal.
I'm pleased for him, but its the local equivalent of the community shield. Which they've won 7 years on the trot.
And he's managing a team that has won 6 of the last 7 league titles . And everything domestic for the 3 of the last 4.
Let's not try and pretend that he's turned round a crisis club or any such nonsense. Yeah, they were having their worst season for a while, cos they weren't running away with it, and were in a title race.

Some people round here don't want to hear it, but if he doesn't win the league in his 18 months there, he's failed.if he wins everything domestically, he's performed to par. He has to win the CL. Hope he does, but to be classed as better than par, he has to.

Johnboy40

Where's the Kaboom?
Want him to fail or who can see he is failing?
Want him to fail. If someone thinks he is failing, fair enough. But there are people on here that the very least imply they would rather he failed.
I dont hide it, I detest the fucker. Since the eye poking nonsense when he was at Madrid
I woukd much rather we hadn't appointed him though I can see why we did.

. But wanting him to fail? Nahhhhh

I sort thought him signing a 18mth contract meant he saw PSG as a stopgap, but apparently Tuchel was on a 2 year contract as well, so it might just something the Club does.

Otherwise, I agree with you. If he does 'well' (win CL or come very close), I don't see a reason both parties wouldn't renew.

The directors know that no manager will be there for very long. They do not have proper discipline and the managers cannot control the dressing room. Eventually they will get fed up of dealing with Neymar and friends and the tension will become too much.

Poch is treating PSG the same way we are treating Mou. An easy way to deal with the albatross of never winning a trophy. It's never going to be a long term thing. He doesn't want to stay in the French league for too long.

scott

Moaning isn't moaning if its about our other fans.
Maybe you do.
But there's a very large, and very sad group of people on this forum who are desperate for him to fail.
Yeh some very bitter people desperate for him to fail. You can tell they were annoyed he has already won something. They will be super happy when psg get knocked out the CL!

scott

I would be happy for him to do well there, but doing well there means winning the CL. Anything domestic is just par for a club like PSG.
I agree. Same at Munich, juve & usually Celtic really. That's why its odd the poch haters said he will never win a trophy. You would have got massive odds on that. I think it must have been they thought a big club like psg wouldn't look twice at him. But I could be wrong as they have since changed it to win a major trophy. If he does that then it will be the CL. Then if he does that, the WC :mourcheeks:.
Can never relate to the hate he gets by spurs fans. But I guess we are all different.

I agree. Same at Munich, juve & usually Celtic really. That's why its odd the poch haters said he will never win a trophy. You would have got massive odds on that. I think it must have been they thought a big club like psg wouldn't look twice at him. But I could be wrong as they have since changed it to win a major trophy. If he does that then it will be the CL. Then if he does that, the WC :mourcheeks:.
Can never relate to the hate he gets by spurs fans. But I guess we are all different.

Never met a Spurs fan in the real world that has a bad word to say about him - it's strange the sort of weirdos you find online, almost like they're putting it on to save face or are playing up to a character they've built. Strange little people

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
I don’t think any Spurs fan thinks that badly of Poch. I just think people are debating wether he was a success or not.

If you judge purely on trophies, he wasn’t. But if you consider where he brought us to, on and off the pitch, he was. He certainly didn’t help himself with his comments around the CL final, about leaving the club, but I am sure all Spurs fans look back on his time fondly.

However, there are many who, now he’s not here, don’t really give a shite if he does well at PSG or not. If he does, I’m good with that, if he doesn’t, I’ll still sleep at night. I wish the man no harm, but I’m not able to look back on his time with us without thinking he made mistakes, but also to remember the good times.

A conflict many should now have is if they want him to do really well at PSG, we’ve no chance of seeing him back here again, so maybe best for everyone if he wins a couple of titles there and we may see him again, lessons learned, trophies won and ready to finish his business with us.

I don’t think any Spurs fan thinks that badly of Poch. I just think people are debating wether he was a success or not.

If you judge purely on trophies, he wasn’t. But if you consider where he brought us to, on and off the pitch, he was. He certainly didn’t help himself with his comments around the CL final, about leaving the club, but I am sure all Spurs fans look back on his time fondly.

However, there are many who, now he’s not here, don’t really give a shite if he does well at PSG or not. If he does, I’m good with that, if he doesn’t, I’ll still sleep at night. I wish the man no harm, but I’m not able to look back on his time with us without thinking he made mistakes, but also to remember the good times.

A conflict many should now have is if they want him to do really well at PSG, we’ve no chance of seeing him back here again, so maybe best for everyone if he wins a couple of titles there and we may see him again, lessons learned, trophies won and ready to finish his business with us.

Yeah ultimately our little corner of the internet is pretty insignificant in the grand scale of things.

Maybe one day he will come back to Spurs. Maybe he won’t. Who knows. Like you say it’s not going to keep me awake at night worrying about it.

Life moves on. We have. He has. Hopefully the next time the paths cross will be in the CL.

scott

Never met a Spurs fan in the real world that has a bad word to say about him - it's strange the sort of weirdos you find online, almost like they're putting it on to save face or are playing up to a character they've built. Strange little people
Good point. All the spurs fans I know in person love the guy. Its just online they seem to hate him & want him to fail. Yeah. I hope it's just a character they have built up rather than how they actually feel.
Because they should remember ajax away & getting to the CL as a great night. Rather than insist it means nothing because we lost in the final & it was just another FAIL!
Imagine viewing that night & CL run as NOTHING! or a FAILURE!

Top Bottom