Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You've hardly any disagrees at all to be honest. Less than 700? That's pretty shit.

Swearing Jeremy Clarkson GIF by DriveTribe

I think what this current period of time is showing me is that my desire to see us win trophies isn’t as high as I thought it was.

When Poch went, all I wanted was to see someone come in who could win us stuff, and I genuinely thought that I would take a sacrifice in terms of style of football, to get us there.

But given the boring, defensive, possession-less load of crap that we are seeing every ducking game, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d much rather see us play exciting attacking football with no guarantees of a trophy.

At least that way, I wouldn’t be torn between whether to watch our games or Bargain Hunt
Nail on head!

Love a good trophy me.

Did you celebrate when we won the League cup in '99?

:dude:

I did. Even though, get ready for this matey, you ain't gonna like it, Graham the Gooner was in our dug out.

History lesson #2 complete.

Tomorrow I'll tell you all about the time we lifted the the UEAFA cup in the 80's

In the meantime, see if you can find out who was managing us at the time

giphy.gif
I know!!!

I think what this current period of time is showing me is that my desire to see us win trophies isn’t as high as I thought it was.

When Poch went, all I wanted was to see someone come in who could win us stuff, and I genuinely thought that I would take a sacrifice in terms of style of football, to get us there.

But given the boring, defensive, possession-less load of crap that we are seeing every ducking game, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d much rather see us play exciting attacking football with no guarantees of a trophy.

At least that way, I wouldn’t be torn between whether to watch our games or Bargain Hunt
I was thinking the same the other night, and thinking back to the CL game at the lane against city and the crowd being so loud you couldn’t even hear the CL anthem , getting goose bumps just thinking about that night. Even though we didn’t win the champions league the nights like city and of course Ajax will stay with me for ever, I was wrong to think that because we lost the final they should be a write off, it’s not just about winning it’s about the memories as well.
I don’t care if other fans mock me , that was one of the best nights of my life with Spurs , and i honestly think we peaked that night , thinking we are going out with a whimper to then go through with the last kick of the game , it’s sad to think it won’t get better than that !

I should have it amended to 2020/21 since I believe dear Ahab Ahab actually has me beat for overall disagrees.

Maybe one day I'll usurp his throne.
I came in like a wrecking ball.....
'My first post......Until Eriksen scored today he was absolutely useless as usual. He's a little girl playing with men. Flog him/her.'
36 disagrees for that post. A record that has lasted four years so far.
And I was bang on the money...
Anne-Hathaway:-Performing-Wrecking-Ball-on-Lip-Sync-Battle--07.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking the same the other night, and thinking back to the CL game at the lane against city and the crowd being so loud you couldn’t even hear the CL anthem , getting goose bumps just thinking about that night. Even though we didn’t win the champions league the nights like city and of course Ajax will stay with me for ever, I was wrong to think that because we lost the final they should be a write off, it’s not just about winning it’s about the memories as well.
I don’t care if other fans mock me , that was one of the best nights of my life with Spurs , and i honestly think we peaked that night , thinking we are going out with a whimper to then go through with the last kick of the game , it’s sad to think it won’t get better than that !

I watch the Ajax highlights on YouTube every now and again...the ones with the titanic music.

They make me cry!

Yeah as I said, it’s Pochs squad now they won
Yes, as we are reliably informed, you are the definitive source for winners. This is now existential certitude. Thanks Sammy.

edit: just noticed another definitive source of winners rated your post. Nice!

He's the little ginger puss :kanegoal:

Seriously though, Colonel, it's not a fight. More a history lesson on the past achievements of his adopted club

I quite enjoy tutoring him, in a funny kinda way

You can if you like. But I think your time would be better served finding out who managed us to Eurooean glory in 1984.

:mourfacepalm:
You answered my question with a question.

Easily seen and ignored.

Now, why do you celebrate PSG victories more than Spurs'?

Yes, as we are reliably informed, you are the definitive source for winners. This is now existential certitude. Thanks Sammy.

edit: just noticed another definitive source of winners rated your post. Nice!
What’s funny is the notion that Poch beating Barcelona with the PSG team he inherited from Tuchel five weeks ago is being seen as a Tottenham victory for his 5.5 year tenure here with no silverware

You can laugh at the notion of Jose being a winner all you like, but remember you see Poch as one

What’s funny is the notion that Poch beating Barcelona with the PSG team he inherited from Tuchel five weeks ago is being seen as a Tottenham victory for his 5.5 year tenure here with no silverware
No one is doing this. This is a lie. All are just happy for him in his new life. And many are happy after agenda driven shithouses spent the last couple years assassinating his character...and many of those agenda driven shithouses will continue to hound him and minimize any accomplishment he has going forward instead of just saying fair play. Better hope he doesn't win any additional trophies with his 'inherited Tuchel' team.

But since you brought up Tuchel, he had PSG playing shit but yet has Chelsea making Mou look like a Mug. Just an observation.

You can laugh at the notion of Jose being a winner all you like, but remember you see Poch as one
Already won silverware my friend. And still in it for 3 more as we speak. Mou the manager you screamed from the rafters was a winner did not win anything in his first year as Poch has. And he doesn't look like winning anything in his second year. So what was your point again?

No one is doing this. This is a lie. All are just happy for him in his new life.
Yet here you are.....doing that......

Already won silverware my friend. And still in it for 3 more as we speak. Mou the manager you screamed from the rafters was a winner did not win anything in his first year as Poch has. And he doesn't look like winning anything in his second year. So what was your point again?

My point?
Hahaha oh dear, Poch walked into a final on his second game and the team he inherited won. That’s great.
You now see him as a winner for that, despite him not winning anything in 5:5 years with his actual team.

Poch 1 trophy at another club, joined club when they were already in the final = winner

Jose 23 trophies at other clubs = not winner

I bet you’re one of those who thinks Poch is better than Klopp now too

Poch 1 trophy at another club, joined club when they were already in the final = winner
A winner is someone who wins. Poch won ergo he's now a winner. Simples!

My point?
Hahaha oh dear, Poch walked into a final on his second game and the team he inherited won. That’s great.
You now see him as a winner for that, despite him not winning anything in 5:5 years with his actual team.
Only as good as your last chance/result my man. Mou, the winner you claim, did nothing in his first year. Poch won silverware. One's now a winner and the other is yesterday's dinosaur. Didn't think you an archeologist Sammy.

A winner is someone who wins. Poch won ergo he's now a winner. Simples!
Yep, and Shaqiri is a CL winner so what
Only as good as your last chance/result my man. Mou, the winner you claim, did nothing in his first year. Poch won silverware. One's now a winner and the other is yesterday's dinosaur. Didn't think you an archeologist Sammy.
Jose hasn’t been in charge for one whole season yet.
But if we win the Carabou don’t worry you can claim Pochs French Charity Shield after walking into the final was a bigger achievement

Your dislike of Jose and love for Poch leaves you in the precarious situation where you’d actually take some satisfaction by a defeat in our final.

Last edited:
I say it again, I wonder if all the little fanboys would be willing him on if he had ended up at United or Chelsea?

I wish Poch all the best and I'm grateful for the good times blah blah blah, but this insistent whining about how Levy should have back him and how we've lost the best manager the world has ever witnessed is becoming boring.

Chairmen, managers and players come and go, but that badge remains the same.

Some of you should remember that.

Back
Top Bottom