Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think PSG were a point behind Lille when Tuchel was sacked.

After half a season with Poch, they're now 3 points behind Lille.

Meanwhile Tuchel is in a CL final and completely turned around mid-table Chelsea into a comfortable top 4 team.

I wonder how PSG fans feel about it all. I suspect they'll probably give him another season. But still, even if you are taking over halfway through the season, PSG not winning Ligue 1 with the players they have is bad.

As much as I am grateful for everything Poch did for us, I don't think he's the answer to all our problems right now. Especially not whilst we still have the majority of the players/setup that helped get him sacked in the first place.
They were hardly mid table but agree he has changed their fortunes. Sure Chelsea were above us and had beaten us with Lampard already on

I wonder why some don't want poch back if they never wanted him to leave in the first place. I'm not sure either way. There were games, those semi finals, finals where the pressure really got to him and he made poor choices. A great man manager and I think he could do it again but with a massive clear out. But maybe you don't try the same thing twice. In the end with the great teams we had we never won anything.

Meanwhile Tuchel is in a CL final and completely turned around mid-table Chelsea into a comfortable top 4 team.

I wonder how PSG fans feel about it all. I suspect they'll probably give him another season. But still, even if you are taking over halfway through the season, PSG not winning Ligue 1 with the players they have is bad.

As much as I am grateful for everything Poch did for us, I don't think he's the answer to all our problems right now. Especially not whilst we still have the majority of the players/setup that helped get him sacked in the first place.

They were 1 point behind 2 teams in 3rd place and are now 3 points behind 1 team, not exactly a big change.

I doubt that PSG fans care too much about what Tuchel is doing in Chelsea as he showed he wasn't what they needed in Paris.

Poch coming back would be great as he is certain to be better than any manager we could get and any manger we will get.

It makes zero sense for him to come back with Levy still here running things the way he does, yes we will get better results than we did under Jose or the new manager but not get the results we could if things were run well.

I'm sure seeing what Tuchel is doing at Chelsea hasn't helped Poch but the gist I got from a couple french/PSG people I follow, they'll wait to judge Poch next season but they are starting to question his in- game management and his 'strange' optimism during the post match interviews.

After the CL match, Poch said PSG were the 'better team' and today said he something about playing 'beautiful football' and not to focus just on winning.....PSG are currently doing neither.

If he fails to win the league he'll surely get sacked. Would we take him back?

PSG do have short leashes with managers and have no issue paying guys off but bringing a guy in halfway through a season when the team is already behind in the league and having him basically finish in the same spot and then firing him seems crazy.

It isn't like PSG fell apart in the league and they lost in the SF to arguably the best team in the world thanks to weak goals against the keeper.

If he fails to get off to a good start next season and/or goes out early in the CL I could see him getting fired midseason but he should at least get to start the season next year.

Tuchel is definitely the better manager of the two. PSG probably regretting decision to sack him.

Dont think we should rehire poch either. Wasnt very good at recruiting new players at all. Our best form with poch came from the players that were bought during AVB's time + Kane.

They were hardly mid table but agree he has changed their fortunes. Sure Chelsea were above us and had beaten us with Lampard already on

I wonder why some don't want poch back if they never wanted him to leave in the first place. I'm not sure either way. There were games, those semi finals, finals where the pressure really got to him and he made poor choices. A great man manager and I think he could do it again but with a massive clear out. But maybe you don't try the same thing twice. In the end with the great teams we had we never won anything.
I have no problem with Poch coming back one day. But coming back now/this summer is way too early.

There needs to be more time between his stint and a potential second one to allow for a clear out in the squad. So that when he comes back it is more or less a blank slate for him to work with instead of dealing with a lot of the players that got him sacked to begin with.

Poch coming back to Spurs would be one of the worst decisions he or Levy could make.

Atmosphere will be toxic next year anyway. Let alone having a manager come back who fell out with a number of current players.

Clean slate is needed. For everyone.

Of course he deserves to go again with PSG next season. They’re not a club though that in any way adheres to conventional football wisdom. If he fails to win the French League, he could well be sacked in the summer. That would be very damaging career wise for a manager, who’s seen in a lot of quarters as as a nearly man and can’t get the job done.

Some of us knew that Pochs shortcomings wasn’t all about chucking money around.

Isn’t it funny what Tuchel did at Chelsea, with managerial talent, yet Poch has gone into a guaranteed title and fucked it up, and also got knocked out of the CL earlier.

And some see this as a mark of progression for him. I bet PSG fans are delighted.

It’s a big fuck up not winning that league. Mid season or not.
He’s not the man. Our team at its peak was wiping the floor with Real and Dortmund taking a point away at Barca, spanking City and Chelsea etc

But Poch just can’t deliver over a sustained period. You can’t install a winning mentality if you don’t have one.
He’s been a manager since 2008, and if anyone wants to say he won that cup at PSG after basically stepping off the plane, we’ll that’s desperate stuff.

The title and CL would be his.
Not going to plan though

He’s not the man. Our team at its peak was wiping the floor with Real and Dortmund taking a point away at Barca, spanking City and Chelsea etc

But Poch just can’t deliver over a sustained period. You can’t install a winning mentality if you don’t have one.
He’s been a manager since 2008, and if anyone wants to say he won that cup at PSG after basically stepping off the plane, we’ll that’s desperate stuff.

The title and CL would be his.
Not going to plan though

He can deliver over a sustained period, we became a regular top 4 club under him. However there is something about him that makes him a nearly man, not a winner in terms of trophies and tangible success. It's a shame, he is a nice guy and his football is good to watch.

Back
Top Bottom