Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You both claim to be Spurs supporters and yet spend all your time on here slagging off our most successful manager since Birkenshaw. Not only that but your posts are full of wanky proclamations based on nothing but your over inflated opinions. For 18 months we were pathetic apparently . You mean reaching third and fourth places AGAIN, being in the Champions League AGAIN and oh, the little matter of playing a CL Final. If that's what you call pathetic, then yes, you're better off going and supporting Chelsea.
My post is full of opinions?
I listed players who were at his disposal during our best time under him. Which is historic fact. I mentioned that we won nothing under him. Which is a historic fact.

last 20+ games under him in EPL we earned roughly 1 point per game, which is equivalent to 40 points per season. It is a historic fact.

He went into press and talked about leaving, before CL final, which is biggest game this club has seen in a generation. That was shocking. Don't you have any self-respect at all? Or are you trying to say that Poch is bigger than Spurs? Cause to me he is not. I take pride in supporting Tottenham and I want best for the club. Yes, that can mean I don't want Poch back. I want what is best for Spurs not what is best for Poch.

For matter of it, I'd like to see him back with us at one point, assuming that he has gathered some more experience, knowledge and hopefully some big wins. But right now is not the right time. If he would be reappointed then I hope he does well, but I would expect that he would be sacked again in less than 2 seasons with our results continuing to slide.

You have to win things to be successful.

I'll remind you that even a manager like Roberto Martinez was able to win an FA Cup with a rather shocking Wigan side.

You quote reaching third and fourth places as "success", well there's a good quote about that.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."
Klopp lost SIX cup finals in a row, 2 at Dortmund and then 4 for the Scousers (including Europa League Final to Emery's Sevilla), before going on to win CL and PL.

I'll remind you that even a manager like Roberto Martinez was able to win an FA Cup with a rather shocking Wigan side.

You quote reaching third and fourth places as "success", well there's a good quote about that.

You must have missed the trophies Poch won this year?

I find it hilarious. If you said anything in support of mourinho you were a jose lover who couldnt support spurs and mourinho. If youre not 100 per cent behind poch coming back youre a poch hater and not a spurs fan.
Its a mad world with things called opinions where things arent so black and white

dreadful posts
completely ignores the football landscape and the influence of money over accumulated success.

Some of us can remember the days when there were no sugar daddies, and vanity project football club owners. When football was actually a reasonably level playing field.

You see Poch as a failure, because he let you down......

and fail to recognise what he achieved with a club driven by a desire to be fiscally successful over that of success in footballing terms, he turned average footballers into achievers and good footballers into great ones.

You genuinely seem to have absolutely no grasp or idea of what modern football is all about - and see everything from a selfish and personal perspective

the modern football fan - in a nutshell.

........Their bond must be pretty deep considering Poch threw his principals out of the window for Rose on more than one occasion. No such conceptions for Andros & Trippier.
Poch treated him like a son, but in the Sun interview, I thought Rose was quite disparaging about Poch's influence on him, well that's how I read it, at the time.

Back
Top Bottom