Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Classification of CIES according to their market value (in millions of euros):

1. Barcelona - 1,071
2. Real Madrid - 922
3. Tottenham Hotspur - 799
4. Manchester United - 700
5. Atletico de Madrid - 696
6. Chelsea - 682
7. Woolwich - 660
8. Manchester City - 655
9. Liverpool - 593
10. Juventus - 567

:pochsmirk:

1. Barcelona - 1,071
2. Real Madrid - 922
6. Chelsea - 682
7. Woolwich - 660
8. Manchester City - 655
9. Liverpool - 593
10. Juventus - 567

What is that?

edit: Squad value. Okay, that's really cool.

Last edited:
Also ranked second highest in the world for predicted squad transfer value against original expenditure (an estimated difference of £525 million).

Barca pip us by 60 mil or so, and that is solely down to the value of a certain youth academy product. .

Weekly Post

Personally, i think those valuations are grossly bloated, but are obviously based on players current form and a current market that is ridiculously inflated.

I would be interested to see a comparable chart from a parallel universe where we signed Van Gaal over Poch.

Personally, i think those valuations are grossly bloated, but are obviously based on players current form and a current market that is ridiculously inflated.

I would be interested to see a comparable chart from a parallel universe where we signed Van Gaal over Poch.

That's kind of the point, though. It's not that Spurs have the 3rd-best squad, only that the insane prices of English players make the squad so valuable. Kane/Dier/Alli combined would probably go for about 200 million.

Age is definitely a big factor.

1. Barcelona - 1,071
2. Real Madrid - 922
6. Chelsea - 682
7. Woolwich - 660
8. Manchester City - 655
9. Liverpool - 593
10. Juventus - 567

Coincidentally, that's roughly the cost of the stadium....:levyeyes:

I think this is just what they're worth, not what they cost. So Messi is counted as being worth some ridiculous amount (probably like 300 million euros) even though he didn't cost a dime in terms of transfer fees.

I thought that was his point.

The majority of Barcelona's team are home grown yet all could be considered top class.

Also ranked second highest in the world for predicted squad transfer value against original expenditure (an estimated difference of £525 million).

Barca pip us by 60 mil or so, and that is solely down to the value of a certain youth academy product. .

Weekly Post
Ha ha, they have to be kidding with Leicester's squad valued at €484m. You could buy their back 4 for a tenner.

It's going to be a yearly occurrence for you by the looks of it.
Is it the same hotel you sussed out last year?.

Basically yeah. One of the other guys in our group went the day before me and confirmed it. Might just book a room for this time next year so I can go knock on poch' door for a cheeky cuddle

Sorry for bragging but if I didn't already love this guy I now worship him entirely. Swing past the hotel again this evening coming back from a meeting just up the road and caught a bunch of the team as they were leaving for dinner. Poch was more or less alone just outside the hotel so thought I'd try to grab a quick chat. Ended up talking for 10 mins or so all about how he's changed the club, what it was like when he first joined, chances this year, how he struggled with English at the beginning. Such a lovely man and had all the time in the world for me to talk Spurs.

Also, there is little chance he'll ever go to United. He really does not like that club

:pochunimpressed:

Back
Top Bottom