Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is going to walk apparently because John on Twitter said he'll be annoyed that Aston Villa have said Grealish is now not for sale.

I love Poch (even more than 'Arry) but if things ever don't work out for him in football he can enter politics. After having been promised by fork-tongued Levy to sort out transfers early, he says," "We are in a period that is not easy but we are working hard and must not complain. We are trying to arrive [at the start of the season] in the best condition.". But he deserves better treatment - much better.

I love Poch (even more than 'Arry) but if things ever don't work out for him in football he can enter politics. After having been promised by fork-tongued Levy to sort out transfers early, he says," "We are in a period that is not easy but we are working hard and must not complain. We are trying to arrive [at the start of the season] in the best condition.". But he deserves better treatment - much better.

“Fork- tongued”

:pocheyes:

After a pretty surreal experience in San Diego and another few minutes talking to Mauricio in Carson, I have to say, we have one of the most class managers out there.

First, the guy comes out and totally surprises me and about ten other members of San Diego Spurs. I was genuinely shocked, and I'm sure that it comes across in the video. He was super nice and took photos with everyone, including my eight month old daughter. Gave us a shirt signed by the squad and made his way back to the locker room. What really really cemented it for me was two days later at the open training at the Stub Hub Center. I was about fifty yards away from him when he walked down the tunnel, he spotted my family and immediately waved and started walking over. I'm quite positive he was told by the PR folks that he needed to do signings cause he then walked over to the crowds of people and took pictures with everyone in that area. When he finally made his way over to where I was standing he actually stopped and had a five minute conversation with my wife and I. Some of it was in Chris' video, which has been posted somewhere else on here. Not hard to find. Anyway, he tells me that he's actually got the picture of he and my daughter saved on his phone. That fact even now still blows me away. We spoke about his kids and his dog. Really just a genuinely nice and thoughtful guy. I can fully see why everyone raves about his personality.

After a pretty surreal experience in San Diego and another few minutes talking to Mauricio in Carson, I have to say, we have one of the most class managers out there.

First, the guy comes out and totally surprises me and about ten other members of San Diego Spurs. I was genuinely shocked, and I'm sure that it comes across in the video. He was super nice and took photos with everyone, including my eight month old daughter. Gave us a shirt signed by the squad and made his way back to the locker room. What really really cemented it for me was two days later at the open training at the Stub Hub Center. I was about fifty yards away from him when he walked down the tunnel, he spotted my family and immediately waved and started walking over. I'm quite positive he was told by the PR folks that he needed to do signings cause he then walked over to the crowds of people and took pictures with everyone in that area. When he finally made his way over to where I was standing he actually stopped and had a five minute conversation with my wife and I. Some of it was in Chris' video, which has been posted somewhere else on here. Not hard to find. Anyway, he tells me that he's actually got the picture of he and my daughter saved on his phone. That fact even now still blows me away. We spoke about his kids and his dog. Really just a genuinely nice and thoughtful guy. I can fully see why everyone raves about his personality.

Nice story. Never had the pleasure of meeting Poch but met one of his sons - very nice guy as well, we chatted football for a long time (the meeting was arranged in advance by a friend) and he answered all of my many questions. Lots of cool insider information about the club, who we wanted to sign and so on, very friendly and forthcoming, lots of opinions. This was a bit over two years ago so I have no ITK about new signings : )

Really is a class act, isn't he?

DjxZ7GdWwAEFZAd.jpg

Last edited:
I just get the feeling Poch is being screwed and promises were made. I know we can read a lot into things that have been said during the summer, and even before - But I think if you look at ALL of the quotes, it is pretty obvious that Poch definitely thought he would be getting signings this window, and early! Clearly he has been let down (unless something amazing happens in the next couple of days) and even then, I still think he was promised early signings.
Anyway, I don't think we will know (until the next book:) he obviously won't slag off levy and the boys in public right now, and I am sure we will hear "we will only buy players that will improve our squad" " we have faith in the team we have" " we have a lot of exciting young talent" Blah, blah blah!:pochsulk:

I just get the feeling Poch is being screwed and promises were made. I know we can read a lot into things that have been said during the summer, and even before - But I think if you look at ALL of the quotes, it is pretty obvious that Poch definitely thought he would be getting signings this window, and early! Clearly he has been let down (unless something amazing happens in the next couple of days) and even then, I still think he was promised early signings.
Anyway, I don't think we will know (until the next book:) he obviously won't slag off levy and the boys in public right now, and I am sure we will hear "we will only buy players that will improve our squad" " we have faith in the team we have" " we have a lot of exciting young talent" Blah, blah blah!:pochsulk:
He wants players early, every manager wants players early.

It's also not always possible to achieve this, because erm maybe the players he wants the owning club don't want to sell.

He also 100% wants to bring in a player(s).

It really is as simple as this.

Back
Top Bottom