Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Give it a rest for gods sake.

I cant be arsed to explain why thats ridiculous. Theres plenty of those posts already.

Cant you just enjoy us being a top team?

Give it a rest? I think you were the one who came in here giving it the big un, as if your point was proven by today's win.

Until we win trophies we aren't a big team in my eyes, you might think we are big because we make the top four.

We won't agree on that point, clearly

Give it a rest? I think you were the one who came in here giving it the big un, as if your point was proven by today's win.

Until we win trophies we aren't a big team in my eyes, you might think we are big because we make the top four.

Is that because MOTD told you to think that?

When was the last time Inter won the league. Are you gonna tell me they arnt a big club?

Finishing top four is a bigger achievement than the FA cup these days. I would also argue it’s a bigger achievement than winning the uefa cup, or whatever it is called these days.

Finishing top four is a bigger achievement than the FA cup these days. I would also argue it’s a bigger achievement than winning the uefa cup, or whatever it is called these days.
So true, the only reason teams try to win the other trophy is so they can play in the CL...it's the pinnacle of football and I for one would be miserable if we missed out on qualifying...love those Tuesday nights against the best teams in the world, can't beat it.

If Poch had won the EL and two FA Cups, I’m not sure anyone here would see him in exactly the same light as winning nothing but finishing top 4.

Let’s just call a spade a spade shall we.

Great managers win stuff. He’ll get there, but he’s not there yet.

If Poch had won the EL and two FA Cups, I’m not sure anyone here would see him in exactly the same light as winning nothing but finishing top 4.

Let’s just call a spade a spade shall we.

Great managers win stuff. He’ll get there, but he’s not there yet.
After getting to the CL final last season though, would you genuinely be buzzing if we ended up back in the EL and won it? Not a wind up, genuinely interested.

I'd still prefer to get to the latter stages of the CL and enjoy the party along the way, quite possible I'm a weirdo though :allitongue:

After getting to the CL final last season though, would you genuinely be buzzing if we ended up back in the EL and won it? Not a wind up, genuinely interested.

I'd still prefer to get to the latter stages of the CL and enjoy the party along the way, quite possible I'm a weirdo though :allitongue:

I wouldnt want to drop out of the CL, but I cant say I was heppier losing the CL final than I would be winning the EL. No way....makes zero sense

Re: Trophies and perceived lack of success or pedigree until said trophies have been won.

Poch and Levy are playing the game of modern football (pitch and boardroom) as it needs to be played in 2019 and are making a relative success of it.

Parts of the fan base and the media are expecting him to be playing the game as if it was 1975.

I don't like it anymore than you men.

But I've said it before and ill say it again. Don't hate the player(s). Hate the game.

Re: Trophies and perceived lack of success or pedigree until said trophies have been won.

Poch and Levy are playing the game of modern football (pitch and boardroom) as it needs to be played in 2019 and are making a relative success of it.

Parts of the fan base and the media are expecting him to be playing the game as if it was 1975.

I don't like it anymore than you men.

But I've said it before and ill say it again. Don't hate the player(s). Hate the game.
The money in the CL skews everything...

The money in the CL skews everything...
Exactly.

You need to be in the CL to generate the money to be able to compete for trophies unless you have a sugar daddy investor (which is slowly but surely being clamped down on by UEFA and FIFA).

That's just the nature of the beast these days.

Back
Top Bottom