Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need a proper DM in the team. We used to be really good at suffocating teams and preventing them getting momentum but now our games are so open. And it's no coincidence it's when we don't have the midfield presence of Dembele/Wanyama anymore. I like Winks but ever since he's been playing at the base of midfield the number of shots we give away has gone up a long way.

What we need is a new thread entitled Dear Mr.Pochettino where we can address letters directly to him about our concerns / opinions and views in all matters team related. Then when he pops into this forum instead of trawling through all the threads he just goes to his 'mailbox' and reads his incoming. (I'm sure he's in here at times 😎)

What we need is a new thread entitled Dear Mr.Pochettino where we can address letters directly to him about our concerns / opinions and views in all matters team related. Then when he pops into this forum instead of trawling through all the threads he just goes to his 'mailbox' and reads his incoming. (I'm sure he's in here at times 😎)

Dear Poch, I wrote you, but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em

Jesus christ we drew a champions league away game. People are reacting like we lost to a league one team at home ffs.

Since the season started we've had 1 bad result. Quit exaggerating.
I think the reality is as you say, one bad result, but we have it within our expectation for the club that there will be a certain level of performance, i.e winning is not enough. You need to win with style and flair. And without that mantra what actually are we as a club ?

From my point of view, especially since Burnley away, the flair and swagger is ( mostly ) hiding and some of the utter turd performances and awful results are not even carrying moments of genuine excitement.

As illogical as it sounds. If we lost 0-1 to Newcastle, but we saw our players blast the bar or their keeper played a worldie then the reactions would be a lot less muted, the performance would add that comfort blanket.

I think overall a lot of our fans are intelligent and can see a mile off when players are phoning in a performance. And they call it out, sometimes not very elegantly, but that is what is happening, not enough effort from players who are better than failing to win away in months and months and months.

The performances will always underpin the results at Spurs, otherwise what are we ?

Just how I see it of course.

Jesus christ we drew a champions league away game. People are reacting like we lost to a league one team at home ffs.

No, people are reacting like we haven’t learned a fucking thing in 6 years.

Disagree all you like with that, but they’re the words of Harry Kane.
Maybe he’s overreacting too and it was a majestic performance.

It’s not exaggerating. You seem to think we have birthright to progress to the knockout stages and thereafter- well we don’t - we have to work for it and throwing away a 0:2 is very close to a defeat as far as I’m concerned; especially when at the climax we were screaming for the whistle!

I am one of Pochettino’s biggest fans, but I think the issue is he doesn’t know how to win a trophy.

He has a World Cup winning goalkeeper/captain
2 top centre halves
One of the best attacking mids
Arguably the worlds best striker

There’s a reason why Woolwich have won FA Cups with a weaker team than Spurs, or Chelsea winning the FA Cup. They had managers with a winning mentality.

Poch is a superb manager, one of the best we’ve had. But I don’t think he knows how to win a trophy. I really want him to with Spurs, but we always fall at the last hurdle. We played United off the park at Wembley, beating them 2-0. We play them in an FA Cup semi final 4 months later, 1-0 up but couldn’t see it out.

The UCL run last year was brilliant, loved every minute. The Ajax game was fantastic, and I thought we had learned how to become winners, but the final we didn’t turn up. Obviously the penalty didn’t help, but we had 89 minutes to rectify that.

Walker went and has won non stop at City. Won’t be long until Eriksen and Alderweireld follow suit.

Don’t think I’m hating on Poch, I never want him to leave. But he needs to adapt his game as much as the players do. Not all the blame rests on the players.

Unfortunately seems like the CL final was bit of a watershed moment for this team.

It’s almost like they think that was the peak and it won’t be bettered. Everything is thinking about their next project

I am one of Pochettino’s biggest fans, but I think the issue is he doesn’t know how to win a trophy.

He has a World Cup winning goalkeeper/captain
2 top centre halves
One of the best attacking mids
Arguably the worlds best striker

There’s a reason why Woolwich have won FA Cups with a weaker team than Spurs, or Chelsea winning the FA Cup. They had managers with a winning mentality.

Poch is a superb manager, one of the best we’ve had. But I don’t think he knows how to win a trophy. I really want him to with Spurs, but we always fall at the last hurdle. We played United off the park at Wembley, beating them 2-0. We play them in an FA Cup semi final 4 months later, 1-0 up but couldn’t see it out.

The UCL run last year was brilliant, loved every minute. The Ajax game was fantastic, and I thought we had learned how to become winners, but the final we didn’t turn up. Obviously the penalty didn’t help, but we had 89 minutes to rectify that.

Walker went and has won non stop at City. Won’t be long until Eriksen and Alderweireld follow suit.

Don’t think I’m hating on Poch, I never want him to leave. But he needs to adapt his game as much as the players do. Not all the blame rests on the players.
I wish he would play these players you talk of.

How can you be one of the world's best strikers when you are constantly in your own half?

Unfortunately seems like the CL final was bit of a watershed moment for this team.

It’s almost like they think that was the peak and it won’t be bettered. Everything is thinking about their next project

I think we peaked the season we got 86 points in the league. Since then slowly things have been falling apart and now we are where we are. The CL run to the final was down to hard work but a lot of luck too. We have not been playing well as a team for a good few years.

BBC Sport :
Tottenham are without a win in their last nine away games in the Premier League (W0 D2 L7) - they last had a longer winless away run between April and December 2006 (10).

I really like Poch and I'll be forever grateful for what he's done for this club, but some of his decisions lately are just baffling. I keep wondering if he's even watching the same games and players that the rest of us are because his tactics are just illogical sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom