Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want him sacked. But at the same time I don't want him to overstay his welcome when it is obvious that things aren't clicking with him and the squad right now and there is risk of him tarnishing what he has accomplished with us.

Does that make sense?

In the five seasons under Poch, we've posted points totals of:

2014/15 - 64
2015/16 - 70
2016/17 - 86
2017/18 - 77
2018/19 - 71

We had the outlier of a season in 2016/17 where we posted 86 points. That was peak Pochettino along with the middles two thirds of the previous season 2015/16, outside of the first 6 and last 6 games. We've secured European Cup football with 71 and 70 points. I was no fan of AVB, but he missed out on European Cup football with 72 points in 2012/13.

Poch has operated in an era as well where the arse has fallen out of Man U post Sir Alex, Woolwich had the slow death of their final years under Wenger and Chelsea were a yo-yo as Abramovich lost interest. A top 4 finish 4 years consecutive seasons and European Cup football is no mean feat, considering we'd only featured in the tournament once in the previous 55 years and Poch has done a good job. How good a job he's done is possibly a bit overstated.

Dear Mr Pochettino,

Please do NOT read the letters on TFC as it's full of cunts !

Best wishes

stevee stevee

Dear Mr Pochettino,

Can you please write a thank you card to Stevee, MDG, Guido, Airfixx, Arty B, Cretinous Goat for being the biggest bestest fans Eva!!!

It’s just a shame they only defend you when times are good and run away like cowards when times are bad.

Best wishes

The Hood

It’s not exaggerating. You seem to think we have birthright to progress to the knockout stages and thereafter- well we don’t - we have to work for it and throwing away a 0:2 is very close to a defeat as far as I’m concerned; especially when at the climax we were screaming for the whistle!

Don’t you scream at the climax?

Clearly pet peeves come before the good of the team....somethings going to break soon

I think you've hit it on the head Sammy. Poch let's personal agendas or emotional rationale blinker him from why he is ultimately at Spurs, which is for the greater good of the football team.

How Dele couldn't even make the bench today was a shambles. Wanyama came on instead of Dier even though we were clearly up for selling Vic this summer? That and all the talk in the summer about him saying is he the manager or the coach etc I think he's pushing it a little further than a manager of Tottenham Hotspur football club should be at present.

Too big for his boots? Let's hope that isn't the case but all signs point in that direction. Poch has time to swing it around but he definitely shouldn't see himself as invincible as he is far from being so these days.

Last edited:
Dear Mr Pochettino,

Can you please write a thank you card to Stevee, MDG, Guido, Airfixx, Arty B, Cretinous Goat for being the biggest bestest fans Eva!!!

It’s just a shame they only defend you when times are good and run away like cowards when times are bad.

Best wishes

The Hood
Dear Mr. Pochettino

Could you please tell the Hood to fuck off as he is delighted when we lose so he can come on here telling everyone "I told you so".

Love

Stevee

P.S. Only the biggest bestest fans eva turn on you when we go through a hard time and never praise you when times are good.

Dear Mr. Pochettino

Could you please tell the Hood to fuck off as he is delighted when we lose so he can come on here telling everyone "I told you so".

Love

Stevee

P.S. Only the biggest bestest fans eva turn on you when we go through a hard time and never praise you when times are good.

Dear Pochy,

Watch out for that Stevee - a slippery liar and a coward.

Lots of love

Hood

Dear Mr. Pochettino

Love

Stevee

Please use the Dear Mr. Pochettino thread for your letters please...cheers lads.

Please use the Dear Mr. Pochettino thread for your letters please...cheers lads.
A) It is a letter
and
B) I was responding to the letter The Hood sent. Why no comment on his ?

Edit: I just realised what thread this is, Apologies. But that said The Hood gets a funny from you for his letter in this thread and I get a comment.
Strange

A) It is a letter
and
B) I was responding to the letter The Hood sent. Why no comment on his ?

Edit: I just realised what thread this is, Apologies. But that said The Hood gets a funny from you for his letter in this thread and I get a comment.
Strange
Apologies....did not mean to offend.

I really like Poch and I'll be forever grateful for what he's done for this club, but some of his decisions lately are just baffling. I keep wondering if he's even watching the same games and players that the rest of us are because his tactics are just illogical sometimes.
Spot on. Appreciate all he has done but of late the 'magic' doesn't seem to be there and it's either all too predictable or truly confounding. I think this season will be a defining moment as excuses are no longer acceptable and our form simply has to improve. Otherwise even the more patient among us will turn...

That's why I said 'lads' wasn't just picking on you mate...didn't want to post the same thing twice. Apologies if you thought I was just addressing you. Ossie Wembley please use the other thread for letters....cheers.
Just seen your reply no problem.
Just thought it strange that you gave The Hood a funny at @ 9pm for a letter on this thread and then put a comment on mine. (posted @ 10 mins ago)

Just seen your reply no problem.
Just thought it strange that you gave The Hood a funny at @ 9pm for a letter on this thread and then put a comment on mine. (posted @ 10 mins ago)
Been up since 5.30 watching rugby this morning....knackered and frustrated with today's result.....sorry again.

Back
Top Bottom