Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which makes it all the more baffling that Poch has put so little effort into cups in the past.

His remit was to build a CL worthy team for when we arrived in to the new stadium (the club coined this as "phase 1")... Yet he delivered 4 years of CL football in a row in the interim (i.e. ahead of schedule).

...and all the same, he made a few domestic semi's, 1 domestic final and a CL final along the way (and a couple of deep runs in the EL).

All with a nominal net investment in the squad.

The idea that he simply lacked effort is more than a bit harsh

We're now in what was coined as "phase 2" of the much vaunted project. Poch has already declared his desire to win a cup this year. A question: Do you think we lost against Colchester cos he merely didn't want to win the league cup?

Which makes it all the more baffling that Poch has put so little effort into cups in the past.
Think it's the whole clubs stance on the cups to be honest. & in modern football top 4 seems to be more important than a cup sadly.

For 25 years it was assumed it was the natural order that the scum would finish above us. Thank you poch for changing that.

No mater what tonight results entails. Thanks for the fucking ride.

God bless

Are we seriously thanking him for coming above Woolwich? I think we should thank him for showing there is still a chance for any del boy or chancer in life that you can still con the public in order for you to earn some money. Argentinean mike bassett

Are we seriously thanking him for coming above Woolwich? I think we should thank him for showing there is still a chance for any del boy or chancer in life that you can still con the public in order for you to earn some money. Argentinean mike bassett
Absofuckinglutely.

Before Poch I'd never seen us finish above them.

Don't underestimate what breaking that taboo was.

It was fucking huge.

Absofuckinglutely.

Before Poch I'd never seen us finish above them.

Don't underestimate what breaking that taboo was.

It was fucking huge.
Was it? Is that what we should be thankful for? Not how good the squad we have had and the trophies we could of won all this time they have been shit? We just should be thankful we came above them ok then

It's not one or the other mate.

Just know, it was fucking huge.
Probably shows the difference in fans mentality us finishing above them was huge for us correct? They won the league at ours. How about we aim higher and criticize more yes?
We should of won
1 league cup
1 f.a cup
And potentially 1 champions league that in my opinion is huge not finishing above Woolwich

Probably shows the difference in fans mentality us finishing above them was huge for us correct? They won the league at ours. How about we aim higher and criticize more yes?
We should of won
1 league cup
1 f.a cup
And potentially 1 champions league that in my opinion is huge not finishing above Woolwich
Being better than your biggest rivals is always a big deal. Especially if it's the first time in 25 years.

You can aim higher whilst also celebrating the lower things.

Using your logic, there's no need to celebrate a League Cup or F.A. Cup win if you're in the CL.

You can do both.

I'm not saying finishing above the Scum is huge now. It was huge when we did it for the first time in over two decades.

Again, you can celebrate more than one thing at a time.

P.s. As to your ''difference in mentality'', even when they were winning Leagues and Cups they still celebrated 'St. Totteringham's Day'. So no, the mentality is no different.

Laughable this thread is. Its basically saying thanks for competing. Not that we have had a team good enough to win things but our manager ain't good enough instead its saying thanks for trying you are slightly better then Woolwich well done

Will always love Pochettino no matter how his time ends with us. He showed us that we could aim higher and challenge at the highest levels. While we haven't won a major trophy, he got the club into a place it has not been in since I started following us (2006). He's been likable and a good rep of the club, but this Bayern game showed that he's not ready to undergo another rebuild with us. Wish him luck wherever he goes whenever he leaves.

Laughable this thread is. Its basically saying thanks for competing. Not that we have had a team good enough to win things but our manager ain't good enough instead its saying thanks for trying you are slightly better then Woolwich well done
You've really misunderstood what this is and misunderstand certain unarguable parts of being Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom