Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Red Star game showed that there is life in the old dog yet. The important thing now is finding a way to produce that feeling/level of work regularly.

Shifting out the wantaways will probably play a major part in that as well as getting the remaining players on side.

Yes exactly! What I liked midweek is that Poch finally seemed to acknowledge the fact that we need to know our best XI and our best formation. I loved the substitutions.

The penny has dropped.

Yes exactly! What I liked midweek is that Poch finally seemed to acknowledge the fact that we need to know our best XI and our best formation. I loved the substitutions.

The penny has dropped.

Penny maybe dropped when the peoples captain Harry Kane exposed what all the players wanted to do in the pre match.

Press from the get go.

If Poch had stuck to his guns, you’d probably see Kane leaving next summer.
Remains to be seen if this will be a permanent switch tactically or not, but for the sake of this squad and Spurs season, let’s hope he really has learned something.

Penny maybe dropped when the peoples captain Harry Kane exposed what all the players wanted to do in the pre match.

Press from the get go.

If Poch had stuck to his guns, you’d probably see Kane leaving next summer.
Remains to be seen if this will be a permanent switch tactically or not, but for the sake of this squad and Spurs season, let’s hope he really has learned something.

It was really odd why Poch seemed to abandon the press or was it the team abandoned Poch? As long as the diamond is well and truly abandoned I don't care which is was.

Meanwhile, Pochettino has warned that Tottenham’s new signings — Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon — will need at least 18 months, or even two years, before they can regularly produce their best football for the club.

“For me, when you sign a player, despite the amount you pay, with the profile of Tanguy Ndombele or Giovani Lo Celso or Ryan Sessegnon you need minimum one year and a half, or two years,” said Pochettino.

Well that's cheered me up no end......He always seems to be trying to buy time lately.
Link

Meanwhile, Pochettino has warned that Tottenham’s new signings — Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon — will need at least 18 months, or even two years, before they can regularly produce their best football for the club.

“For me, when you sign a player, despite the amount you pay, with the profile of Tanguy Ndombele or Giovani Lo Celso or Ryan Sessegnon you need minimum one year and a half, or two years,” said Pochettino.

So I thought his passive aggressive comments to Levy about leaving things too late was referring to Lo Celso and Sess coming so late in the window to save a few weeks wages.

Looks like perhaps I miss-understood and it was probably about getting rid of the likes of Wanyama and Rose in a timely fashion. The former it appears to have been priced out of the sale by Levy at the last minute.

Been saying it for some time and I'm no millionaire pundit, not that yesterday told us anything.

Think that he was also forced to sell Maguire for a world record fee and you have to really give the guy serious credit.

He would have been my first pick had the timing been different.

You got to think United might well look at him or even Woolwich if Emery doesn't deliver.

Still think Leicester will fall short of top 4 but January will see them bolster without doubt so who knows.

Well that's cheered me up no end......He always seems to be trying to buy time lately.
Link
So tell me what’s wrong with what he said? I agree with him that they need a season or two to be fully firing. Even if they produce good performances early in their careers (like in NDombele case) there’s always room for improvement which is encouraging.

So tell me what’s wrong with what he said? I agree with him that they need a season or two to be fully firing. Even if they produce good performances early in their careers (like in NDombele case) there’s always room for improvement which is always encouraging.
If you think what he said about having to wait between 18 months and two years is acceptable then we shall agree to differ.

Back
Top Bottom