Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch to 90 Minutes magazine - "Relationships are broken due to the responsibility of both parties. I do not think there was a culprit. The managers survive by winning games. For five and a half years we fought for a clear objective, which was to win and meet certain economic parameters to make the club viable. Today they have one of the most beautiful stadiums. I wanted glory, to win a title, but we missed it."

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the big European clubs have decided Poch has not yet done enough to warrant being given the reins of their teams. Reportedly demanding a salary of £8m and only a CL final as his CV 'claim to fame' has obviously done nothing to attract the big boys so far.
Maybe he needs to just lower his sights a little and seek trophy/title success somewhere else other than Barca / RM/ Juventus etc.
Otherwise he runs the risk of sinking into the mists of time and disappearing into a cloud of "whatever happened to ?".
So has he over estimated himself and his 'marketability' ? I think so.
It's incredible how his stock has fallen, considering a couple of seasons ago the concern at Spurs was losing him to a Madrid or United. His career has lost momentum and I think he needs to get a new role asap, as football moves on so quickly. That probably means compromising rather than waiting for an opportunity for a big club, which is not guaranteed.
I'm just not sure if Poch is mentally ready at the moment, its been one hell of a fall. A big part of his success was based on self-belief/a sense of destiny and that's been shattered. But I'd love to see a Poch Resurrection.

Nothing controversial or that interesting. They watched only the 25 minutes of the documentary, so they say, and there really wasn't much else of note - they spoke about how much they love the club, the relationships with the players, the fans and that was about it.

Is this guy now becoming the forgotten man of football ?. If he is to prove himself a winner then he needs to get back in the saddle very quickly with a club and start another 'project'. He's been out of the game nearly a year now.

Is this guy now becoming the forgotten man of football ?. If he is to prove himself a winner then he needs to get back in the saddle very quickly with a club and start another 'project'. He's been out of the game nearly a year now.
Maybe other clubs are not 100% convinced about him, but to me the main reason is that there hasn't;t been much movement among managers in the last year, and I think it will change relatively soon. Allegri is another example of highly rated managers without a job, and he had been out of the game for a year and a half now. He wanted to take a sabbatical year, but this summer no club went for him,

It was highly doubtful any club would have come in for him in his first year, had they have done Poch (and his team) would have had to return his severance. Matt Law(??) also reported at the time that there was also a clause in his exit package that the "new" club would have to pay Spurs compensation (I can't recall what that was, or if it was ever detailed), his entire exit deal was designed for him not to secure work elsewhere (Europe AND PL) in the first year.

It was highly doubtful any club would have come in for him in his first year, had they have done Poch (and his team) would have had to return his severance. Matt Law(??) also reported at the time that there was also a clause in his exit package that the "new" club would have to pay Spurs compensation (I can't recall what that was, or if it was ever detailed), his entire exit deal was designed for him not to secure work elsewhere (Europe AND PL) in the first year.
Wasnt a full year, was till June.

I think he was waiting for the Utd job but then Ole won 2 games in a row

He is a shoe in for Utd IMO. Pep will move on soon as well. That will spark another merry go round.

United would be where I put my money...... there is actually less pressure to win the title there as well. They just aim for top 4 now.

Back
Top Bottom