Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm amazed that Pochettino turned both those players down, even if he didn't rate them very much you'd think he might of at least brought them in for some desperately needed squad depth.

What a load of bollocks!

So it was all Poch's fault we didn't sign a single player during the summer of 2018 and not Levy's?

Believe that shite and you probably think Santa Claus is real and COVID-19 is some sort of bioweapon deliberately unleashed on the world by the Chinese.

:pocheyes:

We could've signed Grealish in '18 if it wasn't for Levy's penny pinching. That's just one example.

The attempts to try and rewrite history are getting a tad desperate and very disrespectful to Poch. You can get behind Mourinho AND at the same time respect the job Poch done at Spurs you know!

I will confess that I am increasingly accepting the idea that Poch had and has some real weaknesses in being the sort of stable hand at the wheel that these global superbrands want.
Doesn't mean he cannot grow into it however if he ends up at the right club.

United however, is not that club by all accounts.

Pochettino is a useless talent scout.

Here he is, claiming Steven Davis (I had to look him up) was his Xavi, or Iniesta.
So clueless about talent, he doesn't know which one he's like. (neither)

Levy is tight as fuck but Pochettino was like a silly kid saving his limited pocket money for something better. That cost us dearly in the end.

Pochettino is a useless talent scout.

Here he is, claiming Steven Davis (I had to look him up) was his Xavi, or Iniesta.
So clueless about talent, he doesn't know which one he's like. (neither)

Levy is tight as fuck but Pochettino was like a silly kid saving his limited pocket money for something better. That cost us dearly in the end.
Nah, Poch had/has a good eye for talent. His biggest strength was always being able to get more out of less. Which was a big factor in us hiring him in the first place. He was to keep up competitive on a EL level whilst the stadium was being built. And he managed to top that with gusto.

His scouting and coaching ended up going off the rails a bit when he started believing his own hype if you ask me. But he was great when asked to take a relatively unproven gem like early Luke Shaw, Dele, Kane etc and making them better.

Funny how people will read something negative in the media about Levy and believe it 100%, yet when the media are saying it might have been Poch not Levy then that is bullshit.

Just saying...

Funny how people will read something negative in the media about Levy and believe it 100%, yet when the media are saying it might have been Poch not Levy then that is bullshit.

Just saying...

I would say it was a perfec storm. Levy with his penny pinching and Poch with his innability to make use of the limited funds he was offered.
What you end up with, is 2 windows when you sign absolutely no one. Not even a Saha and Nelso special.

Nah, Poch had/has a good eye for talent. His biggest strength was always being able to get more out of less. Which was a big factor in us hiring him in the first place. He was to keep up competitive on a EL level whilst the stadium was being built. And he managed to top that with gusto.

His scouting and coaching ended up going off the rails a bit when he started believing his own hype if you ask me. But he was great when asked to take a relatively unproven gem like early Luke Shaw, Dele, Kane etc and making them better.

How much of those players were down to Poch's eye for talent?
Paul Mitchell was almost certainly the real driver, especially with Dele.
He left after we'd signed Dele, Son, Alderwiereld and Trippier. He joined RBL in early 2018 meaning, funny enough, the disastrous window of 2018 was the first Poch had without any sign of Mitchell. And we got f all.
All signs point to a coach who wanted to be a manager, but didn't have the know how with regards to squad management and recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom