Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol

What was Kane when Poch arrived?

You thought Kane and Son will become what they are now? Don't be silly.

You named 5 players in Poch's 6 years. Pathetic.

Cannot believe someone is saying Poch was weak link. And he's Spurs fan lol.

He maybe isn't the guy who led us to trophies, but he gave us good 6 years and he deserves credit foe what he did.
He gave us two good years and destroyed Soldado’s career

Well since Mou left Yanited, they also have improved their squad quite a lot actually.

They brought in Maguire, Fernandes and AWB. All of them are nailed on starters.
During the same time they have let go Lukaku (who was not in Ole's plans) and Herrera.
Now during last window they also added Cavani, Telles and van de Beek.

I'd say that squad of now has much more quality that Mou had at his disposal during his time.

But despite that I do not believe that Poch would get them silverware.
Jose would though!

take it GIF by CBC

Lol

What was Kane when Poch arrived?

You thought Kane and Son will become what they are now? Don't be silly.

You named 5 players in Poch's 6 years. Pathetic.

Cannot believe someone is saying Poch was weak link. And he's Spurs fan lol.

He maybe isn't the guy who led us to trophies, but he gave us good 6 years and he deserves credit foe what he did.
Hood is a confirmed gooner, mate - not sure why people keep biting

I really detest Spurs fans who act as if Poch (and Jol & Redknapp whilst we're at it) were failures.

Completely divorced from reality.

Exactly each one of those you mentioned took us to a higher level taking us away from a lower mid table team to a ‘top 6’ team consistently. We would not been in a good position with a great stadium and team without them.

Marca are now saying that it is between him, Valverde and Marcelino to take the Bilbao job.
there is some logic here. Athletic Bilbao can only sign Basque players which means they have to rely heavily on their youth set-up and getting the very best out of the group of players they've got. That's exactly what Poch is good at. He'd be perfect for them.

there is some logic here. Athletic Bilbao can only sign Basque players which means they have to rely heavily on their youth set-up and getting the very best out of the group of players they've got. That's exactly what Poch is good at. He'd be perfect for them.
The question is if he wants a project like that. It seemed towards the end that he was moving more and more away from that aspect of his game and wanted more ready made stars.

One positive for the Bilbao job for him is that there is little expectation so it is very unlikely that it will hurt his stock at all unless it goes terrible and there is no reason that it should.

While the upside of a job like United is obviously way higher it also comes with some risk that may be out of Poch's hands. He could do well but with the current squad and Woodward above still not get the results the fans expect and it could look like a black mark on his resume.

The issue is Bilbao can't keep hold of their best players, even with those release clause. That Basque descent only policy would backfire big time when they need to replace outgoing players. Even with the money they can't always replace the quality.

Hipster job if you need to find a definition for one.

I really detest Spurs fans who act as if Poch (and Jol & Redknapp whilst we're at it) were failures.

Completely divorced from reality.

Name me one supporter who said Jol was a failure? Or who said Redknapp should have challenged for the major honours with that team? I really detest Spurs fans who make up fictional scenarios, who put an individual’s interest ( who only became involved with us in 2014) above the club (and who still endlessly defending a manager that is no longer here).

Lets focus on reality:

Only top six club not to win a trophy during his tenure despite accumulating more points in the league over that period other than City

Sacked from this club with the club 14th in the league with a team in complete free fall.

No legacy structure in place with a complete squad rebuild required last year.

Courted other clubs whilst here and talked about leaving on the eve of a cup final.

No you’re absolutely right he was undoubtedly a total success for the club.

Last edited:
Name me one supporter who said Jol was a failure? Or who said Redknapp should have challenged for the major honours with that team? I really detest Spurs fans who make up fictional scenarios, who put an individual interest above the club ( still endlessly defending a manager that is no longer here).

Lets focus on reality:

Only top six club not to win a trophy during his tenure despite accumulating more points in the league over that period other than City

Sacked from this club with the club 14th in the league with a team in complete free fall.

No legacy structure in place with a complete squad rebuild required last year.

Courted other clubs whilst here and talked about leaving on the eve of cup final.

No you’re absolutely right he was undoubtedly a total success for the club.

But bizarrely I wonder if he thinks he was a success in his final analysis?

No doubt he fell short just when it mattered most.

It's the only real reason he left, aside from tiredness and why he has not been employed since.

It's a bit nuanced but no doubt we are where we are now because Pochettino set a foundation.

But bizarrely I wonder if he thinks he was a success in his final analysis?

No doubt he fell short just when it mattered most.

It's the only real reason he left, aside from tiredness and why he has not been employed since.

It's a bit nuanced but no doubt we are where we are now because Pochettino set a foundation.

Again it’s another thing that keeps being accredited to him when in reality we in this position due to Levy’s decision to overall the structure in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom