Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeh some very bitter people desperate for him to fail. You can tell they were annoyed he has already won something. They will be super happy when psg get knocked out the CL!
I would be happy for him to do well there, but doing well there means winning the CL. Anything domestic is just par for a club like PSG.

I would be happy for him to do well there, but doing well there means winning the CL. Anything domestic is just par for a club like PSG.
I agree. Same at Munich, juve & usually Celtic really. That's why its odd the poch haters said he will never win a trophy. You would have got massive odds on that. I think it must have been they thought a big club like psg wouldn't look twice at him. But I could be wrong as they have since changed it to win a major trophy. If he does that then it will be the CL. Then if he does that, the WC :mourcheeks:.
Can never relate to the hate he gets by spurs fans. But I guess we are all different.

I agree. Same at Munich, juve & usually Celtic really. That's why its odd the poch haters said he will never win a trophy. You would have got massive odds on that. I think it must have been they thought a big club like psg wouldn't look twice at him. But I could be wrong as they have since changed it to win a major trophy. If he does that then it will be the CL. Then if he does that, the WC :mourcheeks:.
Can never relate to the hate he gets by spurs fans. But I guess we are all different.

Never met a Spurs fan in the real world that has a bad word to say about him - it's strange the sort of weirdos you find online, almost like they're putting it on to save face or are playing up to a character they've built. Strange little people

I don’t think any Spurs fan thinks that badly of Poch. I just think people are debating wether he was a success or not.

If you judge purely on trophies, he wasn’t. But if you consider where he brought us to, on and off the pitch, he was. He certainly didn’t help himself with his comments around the CL final, about leaving the club, but I am sure all Spurs fans look back on his time fondly.

However, there are many who, now he’s not here, don’t really give a shite if he does well at PSG or not. If he does, I’m good with that, if he doesn’t, I’ll still sleep at night. I wish the man no harm, but I’m not able to look back on his time with us without thinking he made mistakes, but also to remember the good times.

A conflict many should now have is if they want him to do really well at PSG, we’ve no chance of seeing him back here again, so maybe best for everyone if he wins a couple of titles there and we may see him again, lessons learned, trophies won and ready to finish his business with us.

I don’t think any Spurs fan thinks that badly of Poch. I just think people are debating wether he was a success or not.

If you judge purely on trophies, he wasn’t. But if you consider where he brought us to, on and off the pitch, he was. He certainly didn’t help himself with his comments around the CL final, about leaving the club, but I am sure all Spurs fans look back on his time fondly.

However, there are many who, now he’s not here, don’t really give a shite if he does well at PSG or not. If he does, I’m good with that, if he doesn’t, I’ll still sleep at night. I wish the man no harm, but I’m not able to look back on his time with us without thinking he made mistakes, but also to remember the good times.

A conflict many should now have is if they want him to do really well at PSG, we’ve no chance of seeing him back here again, so maybe best for everyone if he wins a couple of titles there and we may see him again, lessons learned, trophies won and ready to finish his business with us.

Yeah ultimately our little corner of the internet is pretty insignificant in the grand scale of things.

Maybe one day he will come back to Spurs. Maybe he won’t. Who knows. Like you say it’s not going to keep me awake at night worrying about it.

Life moves on. We have. He has. Hopefully the next time the paths cross will be in the CL.

Never met a Spurs fan in the real world that has a bad word to say about him - it's strange the sort of weirdos you find online, almost like they're putting it on to save face or are playing up to a character they've built. Strange little people
Good point. All the spurs fans I know in person love the guy. Its just online they seem to hate him & want him to fail. Yeah. I hope it's just a character they have built up rather than how they actually feel.
Because they should remember ajax away & getting to the CL as a great night. Rather than insist it means nothing because we lost in the final & it was just another FAIL!
Imagine viewing that night & CL run as NOTHING! or a FAILURE!

I'm not so sure. I think unless he wins the CL with PSG then no amount of hoovering up trophies there would put him out of our reach for a return to Spurs. Being honest though, the reality does seem to be that 'really well' in PSG management terms is CL or bust.

I like Tuchel. Feel bad for him.

I'm not so sure. I think unless he wins the CL with PSG then no amount of hoovering up trophies there would put him out of our reach for a return to Spurs. Being honest though, the reality does seem to be that 'really well' in PSG management terms is CL or bust.

I like Tuchel. Feel bad for him.
Aye. I assumed everyone knew that success for Poch at PSG would be the CL. He’ll walk league titles there.

If he gets a CL, he’s never coming back. If he doesn’t, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him here again in a couple of years.

If he gets a CL, he’s never coming back. If he doesn’t, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him here again in a couple of years.
I'm not quite getting this mate. If he can't get a club across the line where money is no object then why do you think he would be welcomed back to a club where money is very much an object?
I liked Poch and still do so have no axe to grind with him.

I'm not quite getting this mate. If he can't get a club across the line where money is no object then why do you think he would be welcomed back to a club where money is very much an object?
I liked Poch and still do so have no axe to grind with him.
Nostalgia? Possible lack of options at the time? Has now shown he can win titles?

Money is less of an object for PSG but is still there. If he goes on to win the league in the next couple of seasons and gets pretty far in the CL, he’ll be considered better than when he was here before, so we’d maybe take him back. Getting PSG to the line is just those title wins. Getting them over the line is a CL win.

It may be a pipe dream, but if we were lucky enough to get wealthy new owners who prioritised the football team, I'm pretty sure Poch would be top of their wish list

It may be a pipe dream, but if we were lucky enough to get wealthy new owners who prioritised the football team, I'm pretty sure Poch would be top of their wish list
I think they would aim higher but it really does depend what he does in the next couple of years.

Whatever happens, we’ll still all be arguing wether he’s been a success there or not.

Just on moonpig.com getting a congratulations card for poch. As we are all clearly over the moon for him.
I have put in some of the lovely quotes taken from this very forum, from fans who only want the best for him & think of him fondly.........

:pochshock:

We wasted 5 years with pochettino and won fuck all
Won absolutely fuck all in 5 years yes what an achievement
I've endured a fraud being in charge for 5 years

I am looking at cups won and he is incapable of winning one because he isn't good enough

When he doesn't win anything with PSG everyone will realise he isn't a God

He needs to leave this club before we play Liverpool unless 10-0 is something we want to experience
This cunt needs to go by the morning

you ACTUALLY believe Pochettino would win a trophy with Woolwich,Utd, Chelsea or Leicester?????????????????????? LOOOOOOL. Even if he went to City or Liverpool it’s doubtful due to his pig headedness and wanting to avoid it being called a Klopp or Pep team.
Probably bench Salah or play DeBruyne as a winger just to put his piss scent on the team.

Listen Poch was a loser, and he always will be a loser. Bottling every single chance he had at a cup is what I'll remember him for

i am saying poch is just a good manager not a great one and will come 2nd or 3rd in the french league with all the money in the world available to him

A game of this magnitude, and Poch does what he always does. Sit on his hands, waiting to lose, like a bottle job

Anyone that is still poch in after that top yourselves you bunch of cunts

:pochcmon:

He is a loser who is not good enough thats the truth
The guy was a stone cold loser
serial loser.
Poch was a serial loser
Toby and Eriksen have won titles, Poch is the only serial loser of the three

Poch
can’t get the best out of Winks on a regular basis even though Southagte can?

What fucking achievement? Top 4 trophy is not a trophy for us anymore than it was for Wenger....we’ve won NOTHING, and have barely played 10 excellent 90 minute games in 3 years.
He’s done the bare minimum if you look at it without the soppy emotional “I love him” bollocks.
You’ve been had proper, like the rest of them.....it’s become blatantly obvious that the squad was carrying Poch and not the other way around. He was the one punching above his weight, not that we were lucky to have him.

We were heading for relegation not just a battle under poch

The one thing that will lose Poch his job is missing top 4 so there’s the silver lining

He won't do well because he isn't an elite level manager and that will be proven at his next job then it will be all downhill from there

He never got offered those jobs because they know he will never win anything for as long as he is a manager. He would fail to win the French league with Psg

George Graham won us more then poch did with a shitter team
Less than george graham

You go shine pochettinos oh right he hasn't got any and never will

Kane blatantly undermining the Poch approach Love it

We gave an Argentinean fraud years and he is loved by 99% of spurs fans

Sorry did I miss something did he win us a trophy?
What success? He won nothing
I personally think poch will never win a trophy in his lifetime

:pochwtf:

he is not elite and never will be

If he cared for this club in any way he should quit by the morning

the Argentinean david o'leary and we were his Leeds. He had a squad capable of winning things and he never learnt or was tactically good enough to get the job done

You will see when he fails at Newcastle it will only be downhill for him because he is not elite

it will become clear that he is not capable of winning a trophy when he gets his next job.

Poch is an overrated fraud and that will be confirmed with his next appointment and failure to win a trophy yet again

Sorry what top job has poch ended up with? What top trophies is he ending up with this season? No one will touch him because for 2 years he had a world class team and bottled it at every opportunity

Because he is an overrated fat pe teacher
glorified p.e teacher

Poch did fail in england .Do the world a favour top yourself you cunt

Because poch was an overrated clown and mourinho will show him up with a limited squad

I'd get rid of The Argentinean con man

When poch fails to win ligue 1 with psg its going to be fascinating what excuses you come out with

it was just another fuck up in a long line of fuck ups from poch in games that truly matter

That man is never going to win a trophy in his managerial career. You could give him man citys team and he would still wouldn't win anything

Are we seriously thanking him for coming above Woolwich? I think we should thank him for showing there is still a chance for any del boy or chancer in life that you can still con the public in order for you to earn some money. Argentinean mike bassett

You could give poch man citys squad and he would win fuck all because he ain't good enough tactically to beat the best. The man will never win a trophy in his managerial career

When poch fails to win a trophy with PSG will you admit he ain't a top manager?

Go cheer and wank over another top 4 finish. Tell your kids or grandkids about all those years we bearly won things. Tosser

Just can't decide how to sign off at the end of the card. 'with love' or 'best wishes'
from all the fighting cock forum?!

:pochcry:

Just on moonpig.com getting a congratulations card for poch. As we are all clearly over the moon for him.
I have put in some of the lovely quotes taken from this very forum, from fans who only want the best for him & think of him fondly.........

I am looking at cups won and he is incapable of winning one because he isn't good enough

He needs to leave this club before we play Liverpool unless 10-0 is something we want to experience

you ACTUALLY believe Pochettino would win a trophy with Woolwich,Utd, Chelsea or Leicester?????????????????????? LOOOOOOL. Even if he went to City or Liverpool it’s doubtful due to his pig headedness and wanting to avoid it being called a Klopp or Pep team.
Probably bench Salah or play DeBruyne as a winger just to put his piss scent on the team.

Listen Poch was a loser, and he always will be a loser. Bottling every single chance he had at a cup is what I'll remember him for

i am saying poch is just a good manager not a great one and will come 2nd or 3rd in the french league with all the money in the world available to him

A game of this magnitude, and Poch does what he always does. Sit on his hands, waiting to lose, like a bottle job

serial loser.
Poch was a serial loser

Poch
can’t get the best out of Winks on a regular basis even though Southagte can?

What fucking achievement? Top 4 trophy is not a trophy for us anymore than it was for Wenger....we’ve won NOTHING, and have barely played 10 excellent 90 minute games in 3 years.
He’s done the bare minimum if you look at it without the soppy emotional “I love him” bollocks.
You’ve been had proper, like the rest of them.....it’s become blatantly obvious that the squad was carrying Poch and not the other way around. He was the one punching above his weight, not that we were lucky to have him.

The one thing that will lose Poch his job is missing top 4 so there’s the silver lining

He won't do well because he isn't an elite level manager and that will be proven at his next job then it will be all downhill from there

He never got offered those jobs because they know he will never win anything for as long as he is a manager. He would fail to win the French league with Psg

Less than george graham

the Argentinean david o'leary and we were his Leeds. He had a squad capable of winning things and he never learnt or was tactically good enough to get the job done

You will see when he fails at Newcastle it will only be downhill for him because he is not elite

it will become clear that he is not capable of winning a trophy when he gets his next job.

Poch is an overrated fraud and that will be confirmed with his next appointment and failure to win a trophy yet again

Sorry what top job has poch ended up with? What top trophies is he ending up with this season? No one will touch him because for 2 years he had a world class team and bottled it at every opportunity

glorified p.e teacher

Because poch was an overrated clown and mourinho will show him up with a limited squad

When poch fails to win ligue 1 with psg its going to be fascinating what excuses you come out with

it was just another fuck up in a long line of fuck ups from poch in games that truly matter

That man is never going to win a trophy in his managerial career. You could give him man citys team and he would still wouldn't win anything

Are we seriously thanking him for coming above Woolwich? I think we should thank him for showing there is still a chance for any del boy or chancer in life that you can still con the public in order for you to earn some money. Argentinean mike bassett

You could give poch man citys squad and he would win fuck all because he ain't good enough tactically to beat the best. The man will never win a trophy in his managerial career

Go cheer and wank over another top 4 finish. Tell your kids or grandkids about all those years we bearly won things. Tosser

Just can't decide how to sign off at the end of the card. 'with love' or 'best wishes'

You could sign off with “how in the fuck do I have the time for this?”.

serial loser.
Poch was a serial loser

Poch can’t get the best out of Winks on a regular basis even though Southagte can?

Less than george graham

glorified p.e teacher

Ironically it's probably the same people who at the same time we're pulling each other off in the "Don Levy" appreciation thread

:bow: :levystare:

You could sign off with “how in the fuck do I have the time for this?”.
Touche! A 5 & half hour train journey.
Don't let sammy see you write that. Or the many who spend far more time on here than me. & its You who keeps wanting my attention by replying to ny posts.
I don't spend enough time online. Now too much. You are always picking away at me. No suprise to see you reply to my post.

Deflect with humour rather than address all the negative poch comments from our fans who you delude yourself in to thinking they don't think badly of poch.

"I don’t think any Spurs fan thinks that badly of Poch. I just think people are debating wether he was a success or not"

🙄

Last edited:
Ironically it's probably the same people who at the same time we're pulling each other off in the "Don Levy" appreciation thread

:bow: :levystare:
Sure is. Many who were praising levy for getting in mourinho. I warned them they would turn on him too. As its always the manager never the chairman/owners. You know, the ones that appoint the manager.
& I am stunned that some have already turned on mourinho. Apparently he is now the Portuguese steve bruce!

Back
Top Bottom