Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My views on Poch are simply he was better in the beginning of his tenure than at the end, despite the CL run.
Our best football ended in 2017, after that there was some sporadic epic performances but they aren’t to be confused with epic moments.

Our CL run was fairly diabolical if we are honest, bar Dortmund. Even Ajax and City away we were battered but had some magic in injury time basically.

I find it as odd that people claim to love him as others are perceived to hate him.

I neither love or hate him, just don’t see any reason to gloss over his massive flaws any more than I would AVB or Redknapps massive flaws or overplay his strengths.
He did some fantastic things and some awful things.

He seemed likeable when he was likeable and downright bizarre and cold when he wasn’t. Who cares about “loving” him?
He was paid 9M a year, a trophy would have been nice.

Just on moonpig.com getting a congratulations card for poch. As we are all clearly over the moon for him.
I have put in some of the lovely quotes taken from this very forum, from fans who only want the best for him & think of him fondly.........

:pochshock:

We wasted 5 years with pochettino and won fuck all
Won absolutely fuck all in 5 years yes what an achievement
I've endured a fraud being in charge for 5 years

I am looking at cups won and he is incapable of winning one because he isn't good enough

When he doesn't win anything with PSG everyone will realise he isn't a God

He needs to leave this club before we play Liverpool unless 10-0 is something we want to experience
This cunt needs to go by the morning

you ACTUALLY believe Pochettino would win a trophy with Woolwich,Utd, Chelsea or Leicester?????????????????????? LOOOOOOL. Even if he went to City or Liverpool it’s doubtful due to his pig headedness and wanting to avoid it being called a Klopp or Pep team.
Probably bench Salah or play DeBruyne as a winger just to put his piss scent on the team.

Listen Poch was a loser, and he always will be a loser. Bottling every single chance he had at a cup is what I'll remember him for

i am saying poch is just a good manager not a great one and will come 2nd or 3rd in the french league with all the money in the world available to him

A game of this magnitude, and Poch does what he always does. Sit on his hands, waiting to lose, like a bottle job

Anyone that is still poch in after that top yourselves you bunch of cunts

:pochcmon:

He is a loser who is not good enough thats the truth
The guy was a stone cold loser
serial loser.
Poch was a serial loser
Toby and Eriksen have won titles, Poch is the only serial loser of the three

Poch
can’t get the best out of Winks on a regular basis even though Southagte can?

What fucking achievement? Top 4 trophy is not a trophy for us anymore than it was for Wenger....we’ve won NOTHING, and have barely played 10 excellent 90 minute games in 3 years.
He’s done the bare minimum if you look at it without the soppy emotional “I love him” bollocks.
You’ve been had proper, like the rest of them.....it’s become blatantly obvious that the squad was carrying Poch and not the other way around. He was the one punching above his weight, not that we were lucky to have him.

We were heading for relegation not just a battle under poch

The one thing that will lose Poch his job is missing top 4 so there’s the silver lining

He won't do well because he isn't an elite level manager and that will be proven at his next job then it will be all downhill from there

He never got offered those jobs because they know he will never win anything for as long as he is a manager. He would fail to win the French league with Psg

George Graham won us more then poch did with a shitter team
Less than george graham

You go shine pochettinos oh right he hasn't got any and never will

Kane blatantly undermining the Poch approach Love it

We gave an Argentinean fraud years and he is loved by 99% of spurs fans

Sorry did I miss something did he win us a trophy?
What success? He won nothing
I personally think poch will never win a trophy in his lifetime

:pochwtf:

he is not elite and never will be

If he cared for this club in any way he should quit by the morning

the Argentinean david o'leary and we were his Leeds. He had a squad capable of winning things and he never learnt or was tactically good enough to get the job done

You will see when he fails at Newcastle it will only be downhill for him because he is not elite

it will become clear that he is not capable of winning a trophy when he gets his next job.

Poch is an overrated fraud and that will be confirmed with his next appointment and failure to win a trophy yet again

Sorry what top job has poch ended up with? What top trophies is he ending up with this season? No one will touch him because for 2 years he had a world class team and bottled it at every opportunity

Because he is an overrated fat pe teacher
glorified p.e teacher

Poch did fail in england .Do the world a favour top yourself you cunt

Because poch was an overrated clown and mourinho will show him up with a limited squad

I'd get rid of The Argentinean con man

When poch fails to win ligue 1 with psg its going to be fascinating what excuses you come out with

it was just another fuck up in a long line of fuck ups from poch in games that truly matter

That man is never going to win a trophy in his managerial career. You could give him man citys team and he would still wouldn't win anything

Are we seriously thanking him for coming above Woolwich? I think we should thank him for showing there is still a chance for any del boy or chancer in life that you can still con the public in order for you to earn some money. Argentinean mike bassett

You could give poch man citys squad and he would win fuck all because he ain't good enough tactically to beat the best. The man will never win a trophy in his managerial career

When poch fails to win a trophy with PSG will you admit he ain't a top manager?

Go cheer and wank over another top 4 finish. Tell your kids or grandkids about all those years we bearly won things. Tosser

Just can't decide how to sign off at the end of the card. 'with love' or 'best wishes'
from all the fighting cock forum?!

:pochcry:
We'll never find out for sure, but I'd bet my life on Tim Sherwood being able to win a domestic cup with PSG.

We'll never find out for sure, but I'd bet my life on Tim Sherwood being able to win a domestic cup with PSG.
Ha. I know right. You tell them! Its crazy talk saying poch will never win a trophy. What were they thinking! :ap:
There's just no reasoning with some. He won't win the French league either apparently.
Depressingly I don't think we would be doing particularly worse with sherwood in the league right now. Might manage to scrape a win at home to the mighty fulham with Timmy at the wheel. Definately less negative, defensive & boring to watch.
Don't think I could bear to watch sherwood trying to speak french in the fantasy world where he is psg manager.
:sherwoodlol:.

Ha. I know right. You tell them! Its crazy talk saying poch will never win a trophy. What were they thinking! :ap:
There's just no reasoning with some. He won't win the French league either apparently.
Depressingly I don't think we would be doing particularly worse with sherwood in the league right now. Might manage to scrape a win at home to the mighty fulham with Timmy at the wheel. Definately less negative, defensive & boring to watch.
Don't think I could bear to watch sherwood trying to speak french in the fantasy world where he is psg manager.
:sherwoodlol:.
We’d maybe have beaten Fulham with Timmy in charge, which would have been a fantastic result in such a relegation six pointer. At least we’d not have to worry about an hour ok’ing final or any more European matches if he was manager I suppose.

We’d maybe have beaten Fulham with Timmy in charge, which would have been a fantastic result in such a relegation six pointer. At least we’d not have to worry about an hour ok’ing final or any more European matches if he was manager I suppose.
Ha. I don't think our form under Sherwood was relegation trouble but makes it funnier. I think more mid table going nowhere fast.

Why would they be funny? He gave everything to us. Why wish anything negative on him?

I just think he would go there thinking he just has to turn up to win the league, and really that's how it should be. It's almost harder to not win the league than win it. After all the stuff about him not being able to win stuff it would just be kind of ironic.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Poch manages to somehow not win Ligue 1 this year?
Unfair. Were they even top when he was appointed? Beyond that they are in a knockdown drag'em out with Lille and Lyon. Troubles there predated him. And as you know I have another team favs to win anyway.

that said, you hsould watch today's mess game.

Didn't watch the game but saw the formation he used, playing Icardi as a lone striker isn't a good idea in my humble opinion.

Icardi doesn't have the workrate Kane has and Mauricio is used to, the former needs service on a silver platter. Acommodating him as a lone striker, and at the expense of the midfield (already not particularly great) sounds bad for the team.

Should stick to the 3 upfront, if there is not any 3rd better option other than this and what formation he played yesterday with.

PSG were unlucky, they won on the expected goals model.
Is that a trophy?

Expected goals is such a convoluted stat method that a majority of fans don't even understand properly either way.

They let in more goals than they made and lost. It isn't harder than that.

Poch's PSG career is still early doors and in the long term he will be fine. He'll lose a game here or there as is usual for PSG.

Back
Top Bottom