Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesnt mbappe have 37 goals this season o
Mbappe 25 in league and is it 35 in all comp.? 🤔
By saying poch should be winning the league with that team doesnt diminish what he done with us. People are allowed criticise him.
At end of the day his bread and butter is winning that league. No matter what.
Fingers crossed they can overturn shitty in second leg.
If they dont hes done a worse job than tuchel. Simple 🤷‍♂️
Not really, Tuchel had an easy run into the final.

Poch has beaten Barca and Bayern.

Mbappe and Neymar let Poch down. I'm not convinced with Mbappe, he struggles when teams play deep. He's a counter-attack merchant. Neymar is also pretty overrated.

As for the league performances, when Poch took over, PSG were 3rd. He has taken them to 2nd and virtually secured CL football for them next year.
Hes managed them in 17 league games with a total of 37 points. Before he took over they had played 17 games and got 35 points. Its almost the same.

The main thing I get from this situation is Chelsea and PSG have got themselves decent managers while we are stuck in limbo.

Tuchel was struggling with this PSG squad but I think Lille have been very good this season according to people who watch a lot more football than I do these days.
Tuchel now has Chelsea as the second best team in the country since he’s arrived.
Poch has beaten some of Europe’s biggest teams but failed to improve on Tuchels league position. Indicating they are probably around the same level of management skill.

We meanwhile trail in the league and got embarrassed in the Europa league, nowhere in the FA cup and were shown to be miles off City in the league cup.
What a shitshow.

Hes managed them in 17 league games with a total of 37 points. Before he took over they had played 17 games and got 35 points. Its almost the same.
PSG have won 8 of the last 9 leagues and were runaway winners in most of those seasons. There’s no other way of dressing it up, a failure for PSG to win the French League is a dismal failure. I’d still fancy PSG to win it though. Lille will falter.

Even if he loses the league, I think he should be given a summer. Why appoint a guy midseason if you don't trust him enough to give him one summer to make changes to the squad? I mean, it's PSG so who knows, but that would be extremely harsh.

Back
Top Bottom