Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are people so keen on signing Poch back? It's the same group of players that he fell out with, and that he publicly called out to be replaced. Also, does no one remember the dreadful start of the season lat year which got him sacked? (The 1-1 v Sheffield United, the 3-0 v Brighton, the 2-2 v Olympiakos etc.)? I'd love him to come back sometime, but not now. The wound hasn't healed yet...

Yorkshireman who’s heart belonged in NW1

We’ll never see his like again and watching the mess we’re in now would have him turning in his grave
RIP
I don't think a lot of people realise he was only 15 when he joined us, and that he was a player in the only other Championship winning side in our history. I had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple of occasions and one of my most precious possessions is a photo with him and Big Chiv. A lovely man, honest and sincere, you're right, we will never see the like again.

I don't think a lot of people realise he was only 15 when he joined us, and that he was a player in the only other Championship winning side in our history. I had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple of occasions and one of my most precious possessions is a photo with him and Big Chiv. A lovely man, honest and sincere, you're right, we will never see the like again.
Take a bow Mrs P

Keith Burkinshaw was a pretty special Yorkshire man too. Are there any top flight Yorkshire coaches about...🤔

Why are people so keen on signing Poch back? It's the same group of players that he fell out with, and that he publicly called out to be replaced. Also, does no one remember the dreadful start of the season lat year which got him sacked? (The 1-1 v Sheffield United, the 3-0 v Brighton, the 2-2 v Olympiakos etc.)? I'd love him to come back sometime, but not now. The wound hasn't healed yet...

He could come back more angry than ever and bin the lot of them.

"and Spurs take to the field with Winks and Sissoko joint captains..."

:pochcry:

Keith Burkinshaw was a pretty special Yorkshire man too. Are there any top flight Yorkshire coaches about...🤔
Yes, he was. Another one I had the pleasure to meet. Straight talking but a worthy successor to Billy Nick. He wanted to play and win with style, shame that the Board didn't recognise what a good manager we had (same old story!).

Even if he loses the league, I think he should be given a summer. Why appoint a guy midseason if you don't trust him enough to give him one summer to make changes to the squad? I mean, it's PSG so who knows, but that would be extremely harsh.
IIRC. Blanc was given a new contract in the same season, before he got sacked for Emery?

PSG has DoF to take care of long term plan. Manager has to hit certain short term goals to keep his job. We don't have any ideas about the details of this season, but it wouldn't be out of nowhere if they pull the trigger, say Klopp, Zidane become available and open to move there.

>demand PSG buy Winks and Sissoko for 200 million
>get sacked
>get rehired by Spurs
>spend the windfall

This isn't my first Football Manager rodeo

7f5.gif

Mbappe and Neymar let Poch down. I'm not convinced with Mbappe, he struggles when teams play deep. He's a counter-attack merchant. Neymar is also pretty overrated.

As for the league performances, when Poch took over, PSG were 3rd. He has taken them to 2nd and virtually secured CL football for them next year.
Dont think even Mourinsitas would go that far for their idol.

Mbappe is leaving, PSG will be drastically weakened and they need to improve their team a lot to compete for UCL. With this and Pochettino's poor transfer history in mind, it's safe to say he is not going to last long in Paris.

Mbappe is leaving, PSG will be drastically weakened and they need to improve their team a lot to compete for UCL. With this and Pochettino's poor transfer history in mind, it's safe to say he is not going to last long in Paris.
Poch won't be doing the buying and selling - that's not how PSG work - he will get next season to win the CL (or at least come very close) and the usual domestic haul. Fail and as soon as that happens he will be gone, just the nature of the job.

Back
Top Bottom