Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Serial bottler, mickey mouse league etc.. etc.. I think he need to go to Italy and win something there so people can find something else to bitch out him.

Pochettino took the wrong job after leaving us.

He had to go as far as we were concerned because he had run out of steam, but he has done nothing to add to his CV.

Nothing proved by winning La Ligue and a lot lost in failing to win the CL or not even to get PSG to the final.

If he is not careful he will forget be known more because of what people thought he could do than what he has actually done.

His next job makes or breaks him..

Pochettino took the wrong job after leaving us.

He had to go as far as we were concerned because he had run out of steam, but he has done nothing to add to his CV.

Nothing proved by winning La Ligue and a lot lost in failing to win the CL or not even to get PSG to the final.

If he is not careful he will forget be known more because of what people thought he could do than what he has actually done.

His next job makes or breaks him..
Hmmm....I cant say I buy your analysis. Its fan talk. Inside football is a bit different. Have you not seen the incestuous merry-go-round that is elite football management. You get on that roundabout you can go for years hovering up top level jobs. A champions league final and League one title, well he'll be Sevilla, Athletico, Newcastle AC Milaning it for years. I think reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated he has another decade and I'll put money that in that time period he nails a big final. Look at Emery stupid people thought Woolwich would define him.

After drawing with fucking Lens.

Well done Mauricio, big clap for you.

Rose Mciver Reaction GIF by CBS

I still have good feelings about Poch and they're not going anywhere (unless he goes to the chavs or the goons!). It may be a one-horse race in France, but still, yet another "ex" winning a trophy away from us.
We are soooo jinxed :(

I still have good feelings about Poch and they're not going anywhere (unless he goes to the chavs or the goons!). It may be a one-horse race in France, but still, yet another "ex" winning a trophy away from us.
We are soooo jinxed :(
Get a grip woman. You chose Tottenham not the other way around.

'A Fox one day spied a beautiful bunch of ripe grapes hanging from a vine trained along the branches of a tree. The grapes seemed ready to burst with juice, and the Fox's mouth watered as he gazed longingly at them.

The bunch hung from a high branch, and the Fox had to jump for it. The first time he jumped he missed it by a long way. So he walked off a short distance and took a running leap at it, only to fall short once more. Again and again he tried, but in vain.

Now he sat down and looked at the grapes in disgust.

"What a fool I am," he said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour grapes that are not worth gaping for."

And off he walked very, very scornfully'

I just did, and to a 'kiss' from you. How kind, thank you.

Waving London GIF by PLAYMOBIL

In all seriousness, I just don't get the vitriol against Poch. I know it all went sour at the end (and for that he, the players, Levy and the scouting team have all to take their share of the responsibility). However, the team he put together was an absolute pleasure to watch, and it was a tragedy that they couldn't capture one single piece of silverware to show for it.

Back
Top Bottom