Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am hoping that we end up in a scenario where Qatar starts winding down their investing in PSG post world cup. Winning a CL before the Qatar world cup was always the end goal of PSG and that mission failed.

Imagine if they start winding down their investing and have just sold Mbappe a pig in lipstick.

I don’t think you realise how much money these Qatari based owners have

Poch went to PSG for some easy trophies but it's ended up lessening his reputation. To manage a super club you have to be able to impose your character on a dressing room full of egos and he hasn't been able to do that at PSG. Of course it's a tough job that better managers have also struggled with but I can't seem him walking into Real Madrid/United any time soon. He hasn't proved that he belongs at that level.

Hard to see what his next step is, maybe managing in Italy?

Poch went to PSG for some easy trophies but it's ended up lessening his reputation. To manage a super club you have to be able to impose your character on a dressing room full of egos and he hasn't been able to do that at PSG. Of course it's a tough job that better managers have also struggled with but I can't seem him walking into Real Madrid/United any time soon. He hasn't proved that he belongs at that level.

Italy
Dortmund/RBLeipzig.
Newcastle
Atletico (if it didn't seem like Simeone was there for life)

Have to disagree as he went there for the challenge and the chance to coach world class players.

Last manager sacked after being a runner up in the CL and being in 2nd place in the league when he was sacked.
Also having the best win rate in ligue 1 history.

Sound like an easy job? I get your point though.

So has he come out any better in terms of his personal stock?? His next job will tell us a lot.

Personally I don’t think Poch is in the top 5 managers in the world. His next job will tell us if he us in the top 10.

Full of egos that psg dressing room. Poch is better off out of there. Ridiculous as well a 23 year old mbappe is calling the shots. Says it all. Toxic club. If conte has a tantrum mid way through next season I'd have poch back.

One thing I know. He will manage us again someday. I’m certain. Until then I think he should go for a B tier club and work on his own style. Don’t think he will ever do well in a giant club. But clubs like us, Dortmund, Atlético, Lazio, Inter, Sevilla, Leipzig, etc would be the perfect fit for them.

Why do people have to be like this? Why do we have to hate on Poch? Why cant you just let it be, the man left, just say he did well and move on. No. We have to try to alter history and pretend he was a shit manager. And is a shit manager. Why? Because he didnt win the Champions League with PSG in his first full season despite coasting the league in third gear. Because theyve won so many CL titles in the past.

Give it a rest. The man absolutely bossed teams in europe and domestically with Spurs. We were fucking dangerous. Who cares about PSG and their team of instagram pussies. They wont ever win the champions league if they had poch tuchel conte jose pep combined. He’s only their for a laugh until his crown jewel Real Madrid/Utd turns up.

For fours years Poch was the main man ,he/we deserved a trophy during that period, even a sodding FA CUP.
As good as Poch was, he shit the bed multiple times when we needed the trophy.
We should've never lost that title to Leicester, even if the entire Premier League were letting in goals for fun just to give it to them.
We should've never lost to a shit United side in the FA Cup semi-final after going ahead.
We should've never lost to Juve after dominating them (I genuinely think we were one of the best teams in Europe that year, if there was a season where we could've won the Champions League, it was 17/18.).
The losses to Colchester, Gent, Dortmund etc. also hurt a lot.
Poch was brilliant, but he also had his fair share of fuck ups.

As good as Poch was, he shit the bed multiple times when we needed the trophy.
We should've never lost that title to Leicester, even if the entire Premier League were letting in goals for fun just to give it to them.
We should've never lost to a shit United side in the FA Cup semi-final after going ahead.
We should've never lost to Juve after dominating them (I genuinely think we were one of the best teams in Europe that year, if there was a season where we could've won the Champions League, it was 17/18.).
The losses to Colchester, Gent, Dortmund etc. also hurt a lot.
Poch was brilliant, but he also had his fair share of fuck ups.
Usually when trying to rotate players through the team to prevent fatigue/injuries. He got the results we had by playing his best team all the time, because he wasn't given the funding to enrich the squad. Which is why he said the things he did and latterly lost the will to live.
Saddens me immensely to see posters denigrating what he did for the club, when he wasn't given the backing to replace ageing players and have a bench of players that were all first team standard.

Back
Top Bottom