Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BryVoxICQAEkjKz.jpg:large

"Don't worry Iago, I'm sure Daniel Levy hasn't completely forgotten you"

BryVoxICQAEkjKz.jpg:large

"Don't worry Iago, I'm sure Daniel Levy hasn't completely forgotten you"
It's also nice to see Stephen Fruend be ever so jubilant as always.
Glad he's still here.

Plus, I hope we get to see Falque play in at least the pre-season.
Honestly, I don't think he has a future at Spurs, but in those limited times that I did see him play in a Spurs shirt, I was always impressed.

i just think it's encouraging that there's a world cup on but you can still see a lot of very talented international players in that group who are starting pre season with the rest of the squad. this could bode very well for the start of our season vs. other clubs

i just think it's encouraging that there's a world cup on but you can still see a lot of very talented international players in that group who are starting pre season with the rest of the squad. this could bode very well for the start of our season vs. other clubs
You're already getting your hopes up.

This is going to be an especially painful season for you.

Is Kyle Walker the new Edgar Davids?!

There will inevitably be a lot of focus on Kyle Walker this season after Glen Johnson failed to impress for England at the World Cup.

The Spurs full back may have given England more thrust going forward and his all-action game would have been more suited to the Brazilian conditions.

For Tottenham, Walker looks to be a perfect fit for Mauricio Pochettino’s style going forward at White Hart Lane.

Today, Pochettino held his first training session as Tottenham boss with the likes of Sandro, Danny Rose, Emmanuel Adebayor, Lewis Holtby, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend all present.

It has also been noticed that Kyle Walker was wearing a pair of glasses in training, which these days, unless you are Edgar Davids, is pretty rare.

Davids wore his glasses due to glaucoma.

Perhaps Walker just forgot his contact lenses at home. No doubt we will find out in due course…

Video of Pochettino’s first training session is below. Followed by a couple of suggestions as to why Walker was wearing glasses…

Is Kyle Walker the new Edgar Davids?!

There will inevitably be a lot of focus on Kyle Walker this season after Glen Johnson failed to impress for England at the World Cup.

The Spurs full back may have given England more thrust going forward and his all-action game would have been more suited to the Brazilian conditions.

For Tottenham, Walker looks to be a perfect fit for Mauricio Pochettino’s style going forward at White Hart Lane.

Today, Pochettino held his first training session as Tottenham boss with the likes of Sandro, Danny Rose, Emmanuel Adebayor, Lewis Holtby, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend all present.

It has also been noticed that Kyle Walker was wearing a pair of glasses in training, which these days, unless you are Edgar Davids, is pretty rare.

Davids wore his glasses due to glaucoma.

Perhaps Walker just forgot his contact lenses at home. No doubt we will find out in due course…

Video of Pochettino’s first training session is below. Followed by a couple of suggestions as to why Walker was wearing glasses…

Bad sign if he has to wear those to concentrate when running laps

:walkercry:

So what, these glasses strobe randomly making it difficult to see, presumably so that it forces Walker to look harder and more attentively, and presumably work harder on his positioning in order to compensate?

Sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom