Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love this.

It really does feel like he can relax a bit more now with the press. In a high-pressure job like the Spurs one, the knives always seem to be out by default.
With our good performances and the disappointing form of other teams around us, it seems like he has a reprieve for a while.
As enjoyable as the "We is us" stuff was, the grim reality is that AVB then set himself up to get fucked royally at the first sign of trouble.

Press onside. Good vibes.
Makes getting the players and fans to believe in you a heck of a lot easier.

Since i don't live in Britain and that, hows Poch been with the media, aren't they usually tough on foreign managers?

Poch doesn't really give them much to go off. He sometimes jokes around, but usually he answers with very ordinary answers or just repeats himself until the journalist get bored. As an example, he's been saying our entire squad/Ade/Soldado is good now for like 6 months, so it's hard for papers to talk about any infighting or drama etc.

A lot of managers use the whole 'foreign manager' as a tactic and a playing card, pretending they don't understand a question or just replying with something unrelated. Even Mourinho still does it. Poch has perfected boring interviews, and that's not an insult.

This'll sound weird, but he's got a really expressive face. Probably helps with the dicotomy of seriousness/humour in his interviews/press packs.
You can see it in a lot of press conferences when he goes from laughing to dealy serious, and always seems to get away with it. A lot better than just being a sinister twat like LVG.

455857810.jpg

pochettinoback-371817.jpg

Its all good and steady stuff and I hope that he is given the chance to build his own side. I'm still not convinced that he knows his best side (completely understandable IMO) and due to the ridiculous number of fixtures we have had/have to come, doesn't have the opportunity to play the same players week in, week out. Also, I hope that people are more patient with him when we go through a bad patch and there isn't a massive meltdown from supporters and Levy alike. I think he is a good fit with the Club, and he doesn't come over as a big-headed, know-it-all twit.

Its all good and steady stuff and I hope that he is given the chance to build his own side. I'm still not convinced that he knows his best side (completely understandable IMO) and due to the ridiculous number of fixtures we have had/have to come, doesn't have the opportunity to play the same players week in, week out. Also, I hope that people are more patient with him when we go through a bad patch and there isn't a massive meltdown from supporters and Levy alike. I think he is a good fit with the Club, and he doesn't come over as a big-headed, know-it-all twit.
I think with only one or two exceptions that he does know his best side, but what he's unsure of is his faith in the quality of our depth roster, and how much extra baggage we're carrying.

Back
Top Bottom