Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's taken Poch 6 and a bit months to get us playing like we are, and at the same time weed out some of the players he didn't fancy. This guy is the nuts - he's pulled it all together and we're feared by the best teams again. Fantastic.

I think there is a post somewhere in here from a Saints fan. It was superb if only I could find it. He basically said that losing Poch was the hardest loss of the lot as a saints fan (Bale, Walcunt etc) & predicted that we would motor on with him. Well, it took a few weeks for us to get into his gear (sniff), & the Saints seem to keep on motoring using his philosophies, so I think whatever he did there & whatever he is doing here is pretty bloody clever. #pochforprimeminister

I think there is a post somewhere in here from a Saints fan. It was superb if only I could find it. He basically said that losing Poch was the hardest loss of the lot as a saints fan (Bale, Walcunt etc) & predicted that we would motor on with him. Well, it took a few weeks for us to get into his gear (sniff), & the Saints seem to keep on motoring using his philosophies, so I think whatever he did there & whatever he is doing here is pretty bloody clever. #pochforprimeminister
Go to the home page of the forum and click on best post, I think it might be that one?

Just seen Poch's post match comments on Spurs TV:
He just presented as very relaxed and just praised the team and the fans:
Projects as very confident and positive:

Can't believe this has happened. But have we found THE ONE?

A manager who likes attractive high pressing fast paced football and believes in youngsters and can actually train players to become better.

He also realises when something's not working and corrects it. If it was AVB/Harry, Ade/Soldado would still be playing in front of Kane.

He is calm and professional in front of the press, doesn't question/insult the board, doesn't insult players when they play bad, keeps faith in absolute piss-takers and still supports them in public (I am looking angrily at you ADEBAYOR!! Seriously how can you not want to die on the pitch for a manager like this?)

He is potentially the perfect 10 of managers. If he manages to sort out Lamela's form and increases his input to the game we have the next Jurgen Klopp type legend. The guy who leads the less rich team to glory while showing the middle finger to all the richer/more fancied clubs.

Lamela is massively under-performing and his chasing down is not really enough with regards to his overall performance, knowing his ability. At his best, he should be terrorising defences like Hazard does every week. Still see our right wing as the weakest spot in the team. But of course, based on what we have seen so far this season, expect a plethora of rabonas from this guy thanks to Poch!

Hope the board recognises the massive jackpot they have won and back him like he deserves.

For the first in forever we now have a shape and, whisper it quietly, a plan. You can see his work in the number of late winners we get. Just need to stop conceding early to move forward. The man came, saw and we are capable of conquering almost anyone now.

Remind you of anyone?
B9ZL5XhCMAE_54w.jpg

I can see now why he trusts young player so much, his belief is that we must work like dogs to become the fittest team in the league and it's easier with young players to get up the speed and fitness I guess.

Players like Bentaleb and Mason yesterday ran Woolwich into the ground, it was relentless. Although Poch brings new ideas he is very much a Spurs man, attacking quick football is what we are historically known for, he has added a modern pressing system to that, so much better and more Spursy than AVB.

Can't believe this has happened. But have we found THE ONE?

A manager who likes attractive high pressing fast paced football and believes in youngsters and can actually train players to become better.

He also realises when something's not working and corrects it. If it was AVB/Harry, Ade/Soldado would still be playing in front of Kane.

He is calm and professional in front of the press, doesn't question/insult the board, doesn't insult players when they play bad, keeps faith in absolute piss-takers and still supports them in public (I am looking angrily at you ADEBAYOR!! Seriously how can you not want to die on the pitch for a manager like this?)

He is potentially the perfect 10 of managers. If he manages to sort out Lamela's form and increases his input to the game we have the next Jurgen Klopp type legend. The guy who leads the less rich team to glory while showing the middle finger to all the richer/more fancied clubs.

Lamela is massively under-performing and his chasing down is not really enough with regards to his overall performance, knowing his ability. At his best, he should be terrorising defences like Hazard does every week. Still see our right wing as the weakest spot in the team. But of course, based on what we have seen so far this season, expect a plethora of rabonas from this guy thanks to Poch!

Hope the board recognises the massive jackpot they have won and back him like he deserves.
I think Poch is doing ok with Lamela: he had a very good game against the Scum: Not flashy but hard working and he contributed. He will come good!

What Pochettino's doing cannot be underestimated. In a little under 6 months of football he is revolutionising the clubs mentality. I don't want to come across all 'We're going to win everything' but the evidence is there for all to see; a never say die attitude, no matter who we are playing be it Hull, Villa, Chelsea or Woolwich.

When we do fall behind we stick to our principles, the team maintains its shape, and we invariably get a result from the least likeliest of positions. I remember when teams like Woolwich and United would win matches in the dying minutes and thinking what jammy cunts they were but of course that was drenched in bitterness. It is down to coaching, players wanting to play for one another and an unerring belief that we will score....we will win.

To go in to a NLD and know we were going to win, even after going a goal down, is not something we are used to but under this manager I have a feeling it isn't going to be the last time we feel that way.

in short; I fucking love him.

Has completely remedied all of last year already. This one might actually be here to stay! Re: Lamela being his next project - he's already improved noticeably under Poch and I'm hoping he'll continue to grow. Poch seems to know what he's doing so I remain confident he'll get the best out of Erik as well.

What Pochettino's doing cannot be underestimated. In a little under 6 months of football he is revolutionising the clubs mentality. I don't want to come across all 'We're going to win everything' but the evidence is there for all to see; a never say die attitude, no matter who we are playing be it Hull, Villa, Chelsea or Woolwich.

When we do fall behind we stick to our principles, the team maintains its shape, and we invariably get a result from the least likeliest of positions. I remember when teams like Woolwich and United would win matches in the dying minutes and thinking what jammy cunts they were but of course that was drenched in bitterness. It is down to coaching, players wanting to play for one another and an unerring belief that we will score....we will win.

To go in to a NLD and know we were going to win, even after going a goal down, is not something we are used to but under this manager I have a feeling it isn't going to be the last time we feel that way.

in short; I fucking love him.
But it is also off the pitch too. The biggest criticism we have all had has been at ourselves and our support being non-existent to toxic. Even the most negative cunts are starting to believe. Saturday's game was special not just how we played but how we as supporters ramped it up when going behind, not the "come on you Spurs" stuff sung as we re-start from their goal but heart felt belief shown in a constant non-stop collective effort. When there was a dip in the vocal support, it came to The Paxton to take up the reigns to get something going, THE PAXTON!! The pressure of North London Derby's normally takes it's toll on us over 90 mins. But at no point during that game did I think we were going to loose, something that was shared by almost all in the stadium. Still buzzing.

Back
Top Bottom