Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else wondering, with other clubs giving up their stadiums for NHS purposes; why:

a) WestHam haven't.
b) Aren't getting shit for not doing so

...Bearing in mind WE - the public - own it.

There aren't many (maybe any) internal areas of their ground - you can't stick hospital beds under the scaffold terraces

Good for you - but good luck with avoiding the general PR drive by Man Utd........when they planted the Kane stories last week in the Daily Mail within 24 hours every football news source was reporting it

This isn't happening by accident - just as they are becoming less and less relevant on the pitch they all of a sudden massively ramp up on PR across every news platform

Yep and we've got every cunt and his mother subsequently giving their opinion across a multitude of platforms as to what HK should do; just to keep the vibe alive.

Good for you - but good luck with avoiding the general PR drive by Man Utd........when they planted the Kane stories last week in the Daily Mail within 24 hours every football news source was reporting it

This isn't happening by accident - just as they are becoming less and less relevant on the pitch they all of a sudden massively ramp up on PR across every news platform
It's not that I want to avoid it, I just don't want my money doing them favours or to generate interest.
The most i can do is not pay for sky, not buy "news" papers and don't click on links.

The stop to live sport really hasn’t done sky any favours. Lots of people are going to notice that they haven’t missed it and that without that content sky have had to resort to tabloid type reports to get people to watch SSN.

I’m not certain I will renew it again when the time comes. I only really watch it for the football but you can watch the games in other ways.

I used to watch SSN for the press conferences and interviews. But reporters tweet the quotes straight away on twitter now and the videos are available in their entirety an hour or so later on YouTube. It reports second hand.

All their coverage and other programmes are tired and biased and behind the times. They don’t look like they want to refresh their pundits either.

It just isn’t value for money anymore and I get it discounted as well. What do they give me I can’t get elsewhere? I can’t think of anything.

The stop to live sport really hasn’t done sky any favours. Lots of people are going to notice that they haven’t missed it and that without that content sky have had to resort to tabloid type reports to get people to watch SSN.

I’m not certain I will renew it again when the time comes. I only really watch it for the football but you can watch the games in other ways.

I used to watch SSN for the press conferences and interviews. But reporters tweet the quotes straight away on twitter now and the videos are available in their entirety an hour or so later on YouTube. It reports second hand.

All their coverage and other programmes are tired and biased and behind the times. They don’t look like they want to refresh their pundits either.

It just isn’t value for money anymore and I get it discounted as well. What do they give me I can’t get elsewhere? I can’t think of anything.
I was thinking about using now TV to watch the live games I'm not at. I know it's still ultimately Sky Sports, but a tenner here or there is better than the £28 a month, every month, 12 months a year they steal and line Uniteds pockets with.

Club facilitates COVID-19 testing at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

I hope the media is as rampant about reporting this as they are about reporting the bad bits.

Spurs opening and organising Covid 19 testing for Middlesex hospital workers, their families and vulnerable people is great news.

Its going to take stuff like this to beat it and get back to normality!

Unless Sky, BT, etc tread pretty carefully with payment or non-payment of money for the season being cut short they will probably kill the golden goose anyway - the Premier League don't really need them any more, they can package up the games for a streaming service and completely cut them out.

I hope the media is as rampant about reporting this as they are about reporting the bad bits.

Spurs opening and organising Covid 19 testing for Middlesex hospital workers, their families and vulnerable people is great news.

Basically if any company wants good PR they should be buying the tests and opening up free testing centres. It’s obvious the government isn’t going to do it.

Say each PL club opened up their training ground or stadium and did the same as us (Chelsea opened the hotel in Fulham to NHS staff for free as well) it would be well received. Glad we did it first but I doubt there will be much funfair.

I was thinking about using now TV to watch the live games I'm not at. I know it's still ultimately Sky Sports, but a tenner here or there is better than the £28 a month, every month, 12 months a year they steal and line Uniteds pockets with.

Now TV only broadcast certain games (i.e. Those picked by Sky.... Not sure even cover BT sport and thus CL).... You certainly wont be able to watch all away Spurs games that way.

Basically if any company wants good PR they should be buying the tests and opening up free testing centres. It’s obvious the government isn’t going to do it.

Say each PL club opened up their training ground or stadium and did the same as us (Chelsea opened the hotel in Fulham to NHS staff for free as well) it would be well received. Glad we did it first but I doubt there will be much funfair.
Hopefully others will follow suit and do this as well.........especially the London Stadium which belongs to the taxpayer anyway!

They'll probably say we shoulda done it three weeks ago!!

I'm sure there will be something about Levy wanting to charge NCP prices to use the underground Car Park!!

Now TV only broadcast certain games (i.e. Those picked by Sky.... Not sure even cover BT sport and thus CL).... You certainly wont be able to watch all away Spurs games that way.

The sooner Amazon and their mute commentary button come in the better. Sky and BT think their pundits are the ones who make football worth watching. Perhaps they would get more players and managers talking if they didn't twist everything they said to suit their own agendas.

The sooner Amazon and their mute commentary button come in the better. Sky and BT think their pundits are the ones who make football worth watching. Perhaps they would get more players and managers talking if they didn't twist everything they said to suit their own agendas.
Indeed. The crowd only/without commentary button is a godsend. They all talk utter drivel for the most part, biased views, pointless stats, and they only have a superficial knowledge of Spurs for instance so talk sheer crap. Don't hear a commentary at live games and don't need one for TV either

Indeed. The crowd only/without commentary button is a godsend. They all talk utter drivel for the most part, biased views, pointless stats, and they only have a superficial knowledge of Spurs for instance so talk sheer crap. Don't hear a commentary at live games and don't need one for TV either

To be honest I could do without the half-time pundits talking as well.

Just have a cameraman with a headcam go for a piss, queue for a beer and a pasty, then hike back to their spot in the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom