Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's great that the Media now don't know what to do with us.... we don't fit into ANY of their 'narratives' any more....
We were 'tight fisted Spurs' and never spent big and strengthened in the Window.... until we did....

Then we were fancy dan 'spoilt' Prima Donas who didn't know how to win ugly.... until we started to....

We'd never been 'Top of the league' at this stage of the Season since football was invented* ....and now we are....

The media LOVED Jose when he first arrived in England, then they had a Love/Hate relationship with him for a while.... now they've decided they like him again.... despite the fact he's at a club the Media have traditionally ridiculed....

We were always 'outsiders' when it came to the 'Powerhouses' of the PL.... yet when Leicester came along, we were suddenly the footballing Giant who bottled it.... they loved that!

Difference is, WE'RE now the Leicester to Liverpool/Man City.... we're not EXPECTED to win the Title.... yet to take it from Liverpool or Man City would be an achievement never seen in (most of) our lifetimes....
The media don't know what to do with themselves over us.....
It's HILARIOUS!

*a.k.a 1992

the BBC is reporting Klopps press conference comments about Raul Jiminez's concussion and OP. Includes an embeded hyper link to when ederson got concussed a few years back. "in a collision" with Sadio mane.

Yes. it was a collion in as much as Mane kicked him in the head

the BBC is reporting Klopps press conference comments about Raul Jiminez's concussion and OP. Includes an embeded hyper link to when ederson got concussed a few years back. "in a collision" with Sadio mane.

Yes. it was a collion in as much as Mane kicked him in the head

Sick of his self-appointed voice of football shit..... Fuck off..... Absolute wanker!!!

Sick of his self-appointed voice of football shit..... Fuck off..... Absolute wanker!!!

Oh I don't know. The more he says the better IMO. Footy journo's are a tight bunch. Klopp keeps trotting out week after week to hang shit on them and after three years of huffing his farts it could turn sour fast.

This won't be lost on Jose. I'm sure they will bait him like usual about it so it will be fun to see what he has to say.

Oh I don't know. The more he says the better IMO. Footy journo's are a tight bunch. Klopp keeps trotting out week after week to hang shit on them and after three years of huffing his farts it could turn sour fast.

This won't be lost on Jose. I'm sure they will bait him like usual about it so it will be fun to see what he has to say.
Possibly, but they're also such a commercial juggernaut, their rabid fans, ex-player pundits etc fill up all the social media and airwaves. No doubt the suits behind the scenes are flexing their muscle too, keep in mind this is the club that tried to trademark "YWNA", "Liverpool" etc.

They got David Coote reassigned last week.

Every chance that they can control the narrative.

Bloody he'll - those cunts at Sky really don't like us.

We've just won the match, you've got that old git Souness who has never liked us, Alex Scott who's a massive Woolwich fan, and Redknapp who has been bitter since his old man got sacked.

They all seem distraught that we won - and Souness in particular bitching about the way we won.

I just watched Skys post match 10 minute review

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT

We have played great football this season at points, I hope Souness ripped into Liverpool for their CL final performance against us

We play amazing under Poch

"WELL WHAT HAVE THEY WON"

Winning games best defence in the league and top 3 goals scored

"WELL ITS NOT ENTERTAINING"

im glad I illegally stream every Spurs game on a non English broadcaster

Can't wait for Sky to go under.

I just watched Skys post match 10 minute review

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT

We have played great football this season at points, I hope Souness ripped into Liverpool for their CL final performance against us

We play amazing under Poch

"WELL WHAT HAVE THEY WON"

Winning games best defence in the league and top 3 goals scored

"WELL ITS NOT ENTERTAINING"

im glad I illegally stream every Spurs game on a non English broadcaster

Can't wait for Sky to go under.

I truly hope anybody watching Tony Adams on Bein today didn't have a drinking contest for every time he mentioned the word "trophy".

Run order of the items on the sports bit on the news on 5 live today:

1)Crowds at Annfield (obligatory ynwa clip)
2)Klopp interview about said crowd (aint they great, soine tingling blah blah). Best fans in the world according to sports news person
3)Liverpool thrash wolves to go joint top
4) spurs won with "some" fans in the ground

Just see that.
Boils my piss.
If the league ended now Dippers would be second on goal diff, not joint top.
:parker:

Let's face it, they'd appeal to the PL and they would probably get joint custody of the title.

All these experts and pundits should interview the fans of each club.
Find me an Woolwich fan who was happy with that.
Find me a City fan that was happy with their beating.

Sky seem to suggest it's not good to watch. For who? Are Spurs fans not enjoying winning and beaing top of the league?
I'd rather look like scoring every time we go forwards than spending 90 minutes making little neat passes that lead to nothing.
Woolwich apparently average 55 passes per shot. FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

https://www.football365.com/news/16...olwich-harry-kane-heung-min-son-jose-mourinho

At least it didn't go unnoticed

11. Wasn’t just Woolwich who struggled. A tough afternoon for Jamie Redknapp in a curious ‘special comments’ auxiliary commentary role today. His utter failure to grasp Spurs and Mourinho’s gameplan became in the end excruciating to hear as he convinced himself that Woolwich’s sterile domination meant something. He did, though, accidentally sum the game up perfectly on 84 minutes. As Woolwich launched another attack down the right, Redknapp exclaimed “Honestly, how often have we seen them in this kind of position?” Before the words had even left his mouth, Hojbjerg had won the ball back for Spurs and snuffed out the threat. Exactly, Jamie. We’ve seen that exact thing happen time and time again. Has there been a better or more significant signing this season than Hojbjerg? Impressive as Spurs are, and wrong as it feels to single anyone out – even Kane and Son come as a pair these days – Hojbjerg is key to the whole enterprise. This Mourinho masterplan wouldn’t work without the clinical genius of his front two, but it wouldn’t work without his Great Dane either.

12. Oddness all round from Sky, really, with Graeme Souness running with Redknapp’s idea that any of these Spurs players might not be enjoying the football they are being asked to play under Mourinho. While it might not always be thrilling to watch, this seemed a strange time to raise the issue, Spurs having just gone top of the Premier League by beating their most hated rivals while boasting the best defensive record in the Premier League and behind only Chelsea and Liverpool for goals scored. They also scored a goal of the season contender. Pretty sure they’re all happy enough right now, lads. If the evidence of this almost psychotically committed performance itself wasn’t enough to prove the point, surely the numbers do.

13. Still, it was good to know that Woolwich – 15th in the table, just 10 goals scored and enduring their worst start to a season since the 70s – should presumably be happy because they’re getting plenty of touches of the ball. They looked rightly thrilled.

There was a period in the second half against Woolwich one of the commentators was saying something like "Spurs' style is suited to playing against teams that like to attack but they might struggle against bottom half teams that won't come out and attack."

Now I'm not saying what he said was wrong but I did find it funny that everyone (rival fans and pundits) was going on about how our fixtures were so easy after 8 games and how once we had played the hard games, we'll drop down in the table but the moment we do well in those hard matches, the goalposts are changed yet again!

Back
Top Bottom