Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has The Game become a Chelsea podcast?

Alyson Rudd is trying to be impartial but that Hugh fella does nothing to hide his salt and is so unashamedly partisan.

Not really a negative thing. Just funny to listen to the difference:

Martin Tyler's commentary:

Peter Drury's attempt:

I know which one makes me smile.

The Lamela Puskas winning goal is another classic from Tyler = in a flat voice "It's Lamela, it's gone in". Followed up with "it's just trundled in" from Alan Smith on co-comms.

How Peter Dury isn't the main commentator for football matches on the country's largest PL broadcaster I will never know! The only downside is you have to also endure the oppo goal score against you because he'll be describing that brilliantly too. But IMO he's the best English football commentator bar none.

The Lamela Puskas winning goal is another classic from Tyler = in a flat voice "It's Lamela, it's gone in". Followed up with "it's just trundled in" from Alan Smith on co-comms.

How Peter Dury isn't the main commentator for football matches on the country's largest PL broadcaster I will never know! The only downside is you have to also endure the oppo goal score against you because he'll be describing that brilliantly too. But IMO he's the best English football commentator bar none.

The highest compliment I can pay Drury is that I have no idea which team he follows in everyday life.

Tyler is the worst. He is so biased he doesn't even disguise who he wants to win. The reaction to such a dramatic ending to a hot tempered match was probably his WORST EVER,

The man hates Spurs and he shows it blatantly.

Tyler is the worst. He is so biased he doesn't even disguise who he wants to win. The reaction to such a dramatic ending to a hot tempered match was probably his WORST EVER,

The man hates Spurs and he shows it blatantly.

Um he's the same for everyone, he's just old and needs to retire.

Um he's the same for everyone, he's just old and needs to retire.
No he's not.
He's always been anti- Spurs.
Tries to do it subtlety but he can't disguise it.
Actually it's not even subtle most of the time.
Every Woolwich game he runs through the club's and the players bygone glories and results from the past against the opposition of the day.
Whereas , on our White Hart lane farewell game against Utd he said ( paraphrasing slightly): " White Hart Lane , the ground where THEY didnt always have the best of memories". Something like that. Highlighting the bad tunes we've had at the famous old ground rather than the glory glory nights especially in Europe under the lights , unbelievable!!

Along with the non emotive commentary to any of our goals and complete lack of praise for anything we do and loads of other things I've noticed before ( to many to list) it's crystal clear he dislikes us and he fails to hide it.
If you can't perform unbiased commentary you shouldn't be doing the job.
Pension the bitter old bastard off ffs!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom