Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I appreciate it wasn't an *amazing* goal, but someone scored their 250th club goal, breaking Aguero's record in the process and it's not here.

Seriously, the amount that Kane does for Club, Country and just being a general brilliant ambassador for the sport in general.....

And it seems the beeb and general media just want to have dig and put him down (or worse just blank him) at every opportunity.

Just utter arseholes

Is that sky condoning/revelling in deliberate and dangerous foul play?

Bunch of muppets.
Don't say it too loudly round here..... Some of our own fans were actually advocating Richarlison getting a bit of afters........

For what???? Showing a bit of skill????

There was no other player round him within a square metre and he wasn't taking the piss out of anyone in particular.

But in some saddos minds, they think that it's somehow unacceptable to showboat on a football field and he should immediately be scythed down.

It's against us, so of course they do.

Look, as I'm sure many of you have, I've accepted the fact that no matter what we accomplish, we're never going to get respect from the media, they're always gonna find fault with us.

Even if we won the quadruple this season, they'd still find some way to knock us.

I can see the headlines now: "Spurs win first league title since 1961, you hear that? NINETEEN-SIXTY-ONE, it's been that long?! HAHAHAHA!"
If we won the quadruple, the sky headline would be.....

"Spurs win the quadruple....... But the real story of the day is that Man United have managed to get back into the Champion's league places along with Woolwich.........it really isn't a champions league without those two......"

Seriously, the amount that Kane does for Club, Country and just being a general brilliant ambassador for the sport in general.....

And it seems the beeb and general media just want to have dig and put him down (or worse just blank him) at every opportunity.

Just utter arseholes

TBH should have packed it after the FA video with Smalling

Hang on a minute! Did the announcer on the bbc introduce march of the day … by saying come on.. my fellow gooners!

Just been sick!

Don't say it too loudly round here..... Some of our own fans were actually advocating Richarlison getting a bit of afters........

For what???? Showing a bit of skill????

There was no other player round him within a square metre and he wasn't taking the piss out of anyone in particular.

But in some saddos minds, they think that it's somehow unacceptable to showboat on a football field and he should immediately be scythed down.
I had the same argument with one of my friends, shows disrespect, apparently. Since when are we on the field to show respect to opponents? A mountain out of a molehill situation.
I'm amazed that an innocuous incident from yesterday's game hasn't been highlighted to be the reason for global warming!
I actually want us to up the 'nasty', don't care if no one likes us! Must as well be hung for a sheep for as a lamb.

I had the same argument with one of my friends, shows disrespect, apparently. Since when are we on the field to show respect to opponents? A mountain out of a molehill situation.
I'm amazed that an innocuous incident from yesterday's game hasn't been highlighted to be the reason for global warming!
I actually want us to up the 'nasty', don't care if no one likes us! Must as well be hung for a sheep for as a lamb.

We must have the same friend.

Hasn't stopped moaning since we signed him and lapped up the media crying over him.

Hasn't stopped moaning since we signed him and lapped up the media crying over him.
You can't choose Family....

Antony did some showboating in the United vs Woolwich game yesterday.

Absolute no mention of that anywhere.

The main reason the Richarlison moment got scrutinised so much was because Johnson smashed into him. So pundits and media praising someone getting potentially injured. Ridiculous.

The Inbetweeners Thumbs Up GIF

Is it my imagination or is Eriksen getting stronger praise for a few games at Utd than he got after years of tearing it up with us?

Even with Brentford last season i heard the term 'world class'. Can't remember that when he played with little old us.

Back
Top Bottom