Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s almost like you need to be taken over by a foreign billionaire and get into debt with them to be taken seriously.

Imagine an English club, with an English chairman and an English owner, with 5 English players going to the World Cup, challenging, becoming a solid top 3 club, operating at zero debt.

Yeah let’s get the knives out and stab them at every single opportunity....while we laud the clubs run by Russians, Yanks and Shieks who operate at hundreds of millions in the red.

Got to love media.....they’ve fed the masses a line, and somehow, most neutral fans want to see us fail, instead of supporting a policy that benefits fair play, and English grass roots.

And the most sickening thing is the amount of our own fans who are all in there with them, feeling let down and humiliated by the way this club conducts itself.

Fucking farce

Last edited:
It’s almost like you need to be taken over by a foreign billionaire and get into debt with them to be taken seriously.

Imagine an English club, with an English chairman and an English owner, with 5 English players going to the World Cup, challenging, becoming a solid top 3 club, operating at zero debt.

Yeah let’s get the knives out and stab them at every single opportunity....while we laud the clubs run by Russians, Yanks and Shieks who operate at hundreds of millions in the red.

Got to love media.....they’ve fed the masses a line, and somehow, most neutral fans want to see us fail, instead of supporting a policy that benefits fair play, and English grass roots.

And the most sickening thing is the amount of our own fans who are all in their with them, feeling let down and humiliated by the way this club conducts itself.

Fucking farce

9df.gif

I'm sticking this in here, it's pointing fingers at the media but it's about England.

This is VERY good and well worth watching.

But just how sad is this to hear from Sterling: "Until football is finished, it's got to the stage now where I just stay in my house, watch TV so nobody can say anything."

I'm sticking this in here, it's pointing fingers at the media but it's about England.

But just how sad is this to hear from Sterling: "Until football is finished, it's got to the stage now where I just stay in my house, watch TV so nobody can say anything."

There's a latent racism in the press/general population imo - maybe it isn't racism, maybe it's a class issue, but slagging off the young black English players is seen as completely fine.

All this negative media around Sterling may actually backfire.

It seems as if its made the squad as a whole alot more united. Which can only be good for us.

All this negative media around Sterling may actually backfire.

It seems as if its made the squad as a whole alot more united. Which can only be good for us.
Yep. I'd say the vast majority of fans (with the exception of Liverpool cunts) have been shocked with the obsession of the media's witch hunt and would appear to have rallied behind him.

Just watching this now. What a couple of cunts.
It is actually an alright show. His job is to be a bit contrarian (even contradictory in the interview). I don't mind him. Makes life more interesting having that type. He knows what he is doing most of the time. As for the host I see no reason why he is a 'cunt' for not only asking questions but countering the answers.

There's a latent racism in the press/general population imo - maybe it isn't racism, maybe it's a class issue, but slagging off the young black English players is seen as completely fine.
The attitude towards Dele I have always found bizarre. Called a 'thug', 'petty criminal' etc (just go on FoxesTalk, the home of the NF, to see it). Even some on here say if they weren't Tottenham fans they would hate him (yes really!). I have never felt that that. Just seems like a lovely bloke. Yes he was rightly criticized for some stupid challenges when he was still a child, but there seems to be something more.
For comparison, just think of a white player who plays quite similarly to Dele. I bet they don't get called any of the stuff Dele gets called.

In Sterling's case he brought a lot on himself . The stupidity of the assault rifle tatoo was perfect for the press to ridicule and arguably deservedly.
(With black on black crime killing each other daily maybe a little common sense was needed )

Back
Top Bottom