Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What was he saying about Son?

He was responding to ‘biased’ motd ‘Spurs’ pundits - jenas and linekar who said ‘Son should be in the conversation for POTY.

Durham said he could 29 players more deserving than Son..

Including-
Mitrovic
Rashford
Conor coady
Ruben neves
David Brooks
James Maddison
Ben foster

Et etc

Adrian Durham has a vested interest in united being successful! On yesterday’s show -

Adrian: is there much between Rashford and Mbappe?’

BT Sport had a laughable long feature comparing Rashford and Mbappe as though they are in any way similar during their build-up last night. I think it was something the media felt they had to do to make the game feel like it was going to be more of an event than it turned out to be.

It's got to be remembered that most people consuming football media in England are going to be either Man Utd or Liverpool fans, and so the content is always going to be skewed to appeal to them.

BT Sport had a laughable long feature comparing Rashford and Mbappe as though they are in any way similar during their build-up last night. I think it was something the media felt they had to do to make the game feel like it was going to be more of an event than it turned out to be.

It's got to be remembered that most people consuming football media in England are going to be either Man Utd or Liverpool fans, and so the content is always going to be skewed to appeal to them.

They’re aren’t even in the same league. Obviously, literally but in terms of ability too Mbappe is just ridiculous. Rashford is just quick.

He was responding to ‘biased’ motd ‘Spurs’ pundits - jenas and linekar who said ‘Son should be in the conversation for POTY.

Durham said he could 29 players more deserving than Son..

Including-
Mitrovic
Rashford
Conor coady
Ruben neves
David Brooks
James Maddison
Ben foster

Et etc

Hmm....I don't get the xenophobic link but it's a dickhead troll claim nonetheless

They’re aren’t even in the same league. Obviously, literally but in terms of ability too Mbappe is just ridiculous. Rashford is just quick.
Rashford (like everyone in the Man Utd team) has had a decent run of games since OGS took over, but he's never done anything to suggest he is anywhere approaching Mbappe's level or that he ever will be.

Hmm....I don't get the xenophobic link but it's a dickhead troll claim nonetheless

If Son was English Durham would be noshing him off. England are basically the ‘team he overrates’

For eg. He’s said ‘joe hart is easily the best keeper in the world and worth 20M’ (this was years ago that was a lot)

‘Jordan Henderson would make Real Madrid’s starting 11’

Etc etc

He also said Son wouldn’t make Wolves’ Bench...

If Son was English Durham would be noshing him off. England are basically the ‘team he overrates’

For eg. He’s said ‘joe hart is easily the best keeper in the world and worth 20M’ (this was years ago that was a lot)

‘Jordan Henderson would make Real Madrid’s starting 11’

Etc etc

He also said Son wouldn’t make Wolves’ Bench...
I don't know man, you could be right that it all has to do with xenophobia. Or it could just be that he's Anti-Spurs (which we all know he is). Doesn't matter though. The guy is a massive tool.

Amazing new twist to the BS:

Late night TS hosts: "Shouldn't they [Spurs] prefer to be knocked out of the CL and still be in the FA or Carabao Cup instead?"

FOR....

FUCKS....

SAAAAAAAAKE!?!?!?!?!?!

:pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm::pochfacepalm:

Durham gave up being a serious football commentator the moment he got the drive show. Before that he was excellent of the European football show, really really knowledgeable.

Now his a shock jock who winds up the set of people he thinks are most likely to call in. A shame but it's easy enough to not listen.

I know I might sound like a dick here but I have a policy. Any attention seeking celeb who bores me I block on social media. Saves me trying not to get wound up, Durham is 100% one of these.

When you write up your match report at half time and go home...

dmmhccyizig21.jpg

Durham gave up being a serious football commentator the moment he got the drive show. Before that he was excellent of the European football show, really really knowledgeable.

Now his a shock jock who winds up the set of people he thinks are most likely to call in. A shame but it's easy enough to not listen.

I know I might sound like a dick here but I have a policy. Any attention seeking celeb who bores me I block on social media. Saves me trying not to get wound up, Durham is 100% one of these.
It's an easy gig. Talk garbage about all the big sides. At any moment you're pissing off 10% at the expense of giving the other 90% a real good laugh. Then the pissed off ones get furious, call in, and make fools of themselves. Move on to the next team, the poor fool that was livid ten minutes ago is now laughing because Durham is having a go at someone else's club.

Rinse, repeat.

What do i make of it?

At least 2 of those 4 cards were bollocks...

Geezer is pure troll-ism/clickbait/WUM...

Ah, Chris Sutton, brought to you from the guy who retired from international because he was “too good” “not” to get picked for England...umm, 3 different England managers can’t all be wrong....
Sutton is a twat....
I thought he hated us 'cos him and Hoddle fell out regularly (dunno whether it was at Chelsea/England, or a bit of both)
But they just didn't get on by all accounts!

Bit petty if he's carried that over to Spurs... but you can see where the association is!

Back
Top Bottom