Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They got it spot on with the Spurs review. It's been a journey under Poch, overcoming the spursy element to be where we are now. Poch has changed everything:pochohshit:

I remember him from another forum nearly 20 years ago, never actually had anything positive to say about Spurs but maintained he’s a supporter. Wasn’t sure then as now, maybe he’s H.Hotspur same M.O.

20 years ago?????

I assumed he was about 12! :eriksenlol:

They said we rode our luck but didn't say Dippers first proper test was Barca?
We beat the league leaders of Holland, England and Germany. As for Ruddock he has a To Dare is to Do tattoo!
Yeah, it does kinda grind.

I want to take nothing away from Liverpool's comeback against Barcelona - but I don't see how anyone could look at our respective group and knockout matches up until the semi final and think we had it easier...

That program was so disrespectful towards us, honestly I am sick of the love in over Liverpool from the media.

All this talk of how they "deserve" to win, they don't deserve anything, if they want to win they have to fucking earn it, just like we do.

Everyone has their name on the trophy already it seems.

Either way, today shouldn't be about blame.... Just remembering the poor souls that didn't make it home.
No - the Liverpool fans were hooligans and murderers. Every scintilla, jot and tittle of blame should deservedly head their way. The 39 poor Juventus fans who didn’t make it home were killed by thugs representing a club who demand sympathy when they are wronged. Let us never forget the poor fans and who is to blame

i dont have the energy to pick up on all the things that pissed me off in the programme...you've mentioned some of them...

i'll just let it flush out of my system next time i have a crap, and keep the nice bits in my heart

but i think what grinds my gears is the 'lucky' talk... VAR wasnt lucky - thats why it was invented for fucks sake.... compare and contrast with Swansea being denied it vs Shitty, and how the FA Cup would have gone had it not been for that

Reading all this I can almost see the headlines come Saturday.
We win: "Spurs lucky to defeat out of form Liverpool"
We lose: "Liverpool outclasses Spurs beating them in penalties 5-4" or some bullshit of the sorts

Either way we get no credit... sad state of affairs
We don’t need some tin pot media praise.....the power of social media will suffice👍

Was never able to slag off any scouser via Ceefax or teletext anyway, these days I can slag off Jamie Spit Carragher right to his face, ah the magic of internet💪🏻💪🏻

We just have to accept that 90% of the Media want a clickbait Liverpool wankfest ... win or lose they will still get double or treble the coverage we do ... that's just down to the power of their fan base over the last 50 years.

What has become apparent is Liverpool must win - anything else for them would be confirmation that Klopp is a serial loser, and that Liverpool are a 2nd place side, they are the team that spent 500m and are yet to win anything - not so for us, win or lose we will be seen as the team that's defied every expectation, took on the big boys and held firm, achieved more as a team than the sum of our parts warrant - in short we've always been the club that Bill made, now under Poch everybody knows that ....

“It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

I was a bit disappointed with the 10 O'Clock news on BBC One last night. The sports section was a massive Liverpool love in around the Champs League (all about Liverpool and van Dijk, with Spurs just making up the numbers for the final) - who knows though, maybe tonight's version will redress the balance.

I was a bit disappointed with the 10 O'Clock news on BBC One last night. The sports section was a massive Liverpool love in around the Champs League (all about Liverpool and van Dijk, with Spurs just making up the numbers for the final) - who knows though, maybe tonight's version will redress the balance.

:sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom