Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'Premier League World' on Sky Sports...

- 3 mins on Harry Winks
- 3 mins on Gundogan
- 20 mins on Mcmanaman

ScholarlyInbornHarpseal-size_restricted.gif

"Unlike Liverpool - who beat Shrewsbury 1-0 with their Under-23 side in a fourth-round reply on Tuesday - Tottenham named a strong side for a match taking place during their two-week mid-season Premier League break".

Taken from the BBC Sport website report on the FA Cup match yesterday.
And unlike Liverpool Tottenham had PL opposition.
And unlike Liverpool, didn’t get hammered by PL opposition with their u23 side.

I think we get enough attention not always the best or right attention. But i believe only proving we are a world class team will change that. We are on the right track so prove the Sky pundits wrong, make them have to choke on the glory of spurs.

A Q&A on the bbc site about the ramifications of the City ban...

Is the race for the top four now a race for the top five?
Heading into this weekend's games, Chelsea had a two-point advantage over Sheffield United in the battle for the fourth Champions League place.

It is not entirely clear what will happen if City are excluded but if Uefa decide to retain England's four spots and the team in fifth gets the spare one, a fascinating battle will be in process.

From Sheffield United in fifth to Crystal Palace in 14th, there are just nine points separating 10 teams. From looking to have no chance of getting back into the Champions League, Woolwich will be back in with a shot.

Some tosser from The Times:

In ref to our defense:

"Mourinho said he'd make them hard to beat..... Yet they were harder to beat under Pochettino"

Pretty sure the W/L stats this season don't back that up.

Lineker "Spurs are miles off Liverpool and even City"
Crouch "Yeah they were miles off them even when Son and Kane were fit"

Do these fuckers even realise we beat Man City 2-0 literally 2 weeks ago!?

Fucking hell the post-match chat when your team loses is so abject its fucking ridiculous.

Watching that last match on NBC, I spent most of the game having one sided arguments with the commentators that consisted of me yelling at the TV. I feel like I am going crazy and I somehow am watching a completely different game most of the time. On top of that Refs and VAR... I don't know if it's a bias against Spurs or just general idiots being everywhere, either way it's certainly been getting worse the past couple years from what I've noticed.

(Inset An American voice here)
WELCOME TO NORTH WEST LONDON TO THE HOME OF NOTTINGHAM HOTSPURSS ,WHERE WE ARE GETTIN READY FOR A SOCCER GAME WITH LOCAL RIVALS LIVERPOOL UNITEDSHIRE,. :mourloopy:
And here's our host garrie line acre with analysis by ex coach of the Manchester reds, sire Alex Ferg ass son, who won 565 majors including 45 super cups

This made me chuckle:

Full time
It wasn't the cliched men against boys for the first half and it wasn't a gulf of experience but a gulf of sheer class that settled matters in Bayern's favour in the second. Chelsea spurned too many chances and Bayern exploited their mistakes with sizzling pace and lethal finishing. Mightily impressive performance but Chelsea are a work in progress, nowhere near where they want to be and a slew of judicious signings at the back, in goal and up front are required to bolster a very talented squad.

----------------------

Well, Spurs are lucky to still be in the tie: Werner, Angelino and Schick could all have had goals. As it is, RB Leipzig had to settle for just the Werner penalty. By no means an insurmountable task in the return leg for Spurs, but they were passive, overmatched and outplayed on their own patch tonight.

Back
Top Bottom