Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuine question....
Do you think most, if not ALL other clubs' fan forums have a "Media Bias" or similar thread.... or IS it just us?
I don't know as this is the only forum I've been on, Spurs or otherwise, but I expect they do.
Along with a "Referees against us thread" as well.

Genuine question....
Do you think most, if not ALL other clubs' fan forums have a "Media Bias" or similar thread.... or IS it just us?
Every club thinks they are given a rough time by the media and also think that the clubs they hate are lauded by the same media

I guess it's easier to cry injustice and turn to victimhood than look at the shortcomings of the club you love

Not exactly the media but the amount of comments I have seen on here alone claiming that liverpool are only where they are because of referee bias shows this to be true

Said many a time, I don't think there is an anti-spurs conspiracy, but it is in the interests of those that profit most from the footballing mainstream to maintain a status quo. Quirky narratives like Leicester of Sheff Utd this year are a welcome added spice, but they're not welcome at the big table on a longer-term basis either.

- Look at how Uefa continually try and manipulate the coefficients for their competitions.
- Sky don't even try to hide their preferences.
- What are the deeper implications of FFP and how it is enforced?
- Many a ref has crumbled when called to make big decisions against big teams.... (This being a sign of weakness rather than anything more untoward.)

Maybe the terms bias or conspiracy are inappropriate, but there is a tide that teams outside of the status quo swim against.

Last edited:
Sky is basically manure and pool lovin. Last night they had the 2 Jamie’s sourness and Tyler just needed kelly for full pool house.
I just feel (not really) for every poor person who’s ever managed / been to / knows someone from Liverpool (or watched Brookside) who will be asked how excited they are that the wait is over when they inevitably win the title after ‘30 years of pain (TM)’.

bet they don’t ask me...

(I’m sure we’ll get the same in two seasons’ time when we end ‘62 years of pain’)

Said many a time, I don't think there is an anti-spurs conspiracy, but it is in the interests of those that profit most from the footballing mainstream to maintain a status quo. Quirky narratives like Leicester of Sheff Utd this year are a welcome added spice, but they're not welcome at the big table on a longer-term basis either.

- Look at how Uefa continually try and manipulate the coefficients for their competitions.
- Sky don't even try to hide their preferences.
- What are the deeper implications of FFP and how it is enforced.
- Many a ref has crumbled when called to make big decisions against big teams.... (This being a sign of weakness rather than anything more untoward.)

Maybe the terms bias or conspiracy are inappropriate, but there is a tide that teams outside of the status quo swim against.
Problem is, we fall between two stools...
We ARE a big club, but are treated like uninvited guests when the traditional Sky 'Big 4 Boys' noses are put out of joint by our presence....

Yet when the 'Plucky Leicester City Fairy Tale'TM (c) rolls into town, we're suddenly the Big Boys again, who MUST be vanquished in order for David to defeat Goliath!

I still maintain, HAD Leicester's main title rivals been Liverpool or Man Utd that year, Sky would have been genuinely torn regarding who to support.... as it was, (seeing as it was US for the most part), we made their choice of allegiance easy!!

Sky doesn't support the dippers or manure. Those teams are just who the main bulk of their audience is made up from. They support ratings. I feel that when the plastic born again dippers get bored then it will return full swing back to manure.

I think every club should point out media bias against their club as a standard. They are absolutely shameless and deserve to be called out.

So I see SSN have renamed an entire hour of tv: "Liverpool Champions" on now ...that simply wouldn't happen had it been us... not that it would have been us any time soon... but you get the gist!

Fuck me, just imagine if we'd won the CL this time last year... we'd have been 3rd up on the headlines after Mezit Özil's contract negotiations and the Greyhound results!!!

Personally I am done, sick of this season and these owners.
But more sick of what we are all on a havd to pug up hearing now those scousd cunts have finally won it...
But more sick of what we are all on a havd to pug up hearing now those scousd cunts have finally won it...
I won't be switching sky on for a while. The Scouse wankathon will be in overdrive,
Well done to the. Winners of s false league campaign that was stopped,had the rules changed, played behind closed doors and had fixtures moved to suit.
The scousers biggest triumph since they murdered 39 inocent juventus fans.
Oh sorry I forgot to sweep that one under the carpet

Yes but they deserve it, they backed their manager bought well and as a result have cleaned up in the past year, other clubs need to take note starting with............

I noticed the VITAL pleas for social distancing when celebrating obviously went unheeded.... it shows their passion doesn't it our kid?

Still, there is a sense of symmetry to this, seeing as Liverpool 'started*' this whole pandemic by staging the CL game against At. Madrid in the first place!!

* obviously they didn't start it... but they more than did their bit to contribute to the problem!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom